“Average Hotel in Marrakech” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel Kenzi Farah
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue du President Kennedy, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #326 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Whitstable, United Kingdom
“Average Hotel in Marrakech”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Stayed there one night. The public area is ok and the live music bar is something not to be missed however the rooms need urgent upgrade as look VERY tired and badly maintained. The swimming pool is inviting and the hotel is well located.

917 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I had to stay with my wife in the hotel for couple of nights (thank god),i found the staff at reception unprofessional to deal with customers and the majority of them they speak poor English all they speak is french(as makes me feel sometimes that i'm in France) and if you decided to call them from the room that will take you a long time to speak to someone if they don't hang up on you.The room comes with a basic furniture, side bad light off and the bad not comfortable but nothing to do with a five stars hotel(No bath robe, cutlery or tea/coffee) and in the bathroom it was a whole in my roof and the shower head not working also i have to mention any service you ask for you have to pay for it like the fitness room Mad100 ,i don't recommend this hotel for someone who looks for a five star experience ..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
London
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful time exploring the Riads and cities of morocco. Came here for my last night and it shattered the magic of an amazing country. Picture ITV's Benidorm resort and you've got it in one.

The staff on reception were rude, brisk and struggled to make any eye contact. There wasn't an offer of taking bags up to the room which would've been appreciated, even though I'd decline. Finding the room can be a challenge as the hotel is so large - so make sure you're given clear directions to find it (something that wasn't offered to us).

The hotel is generally clean but quite dated. The reception area and lobby smells of cigarette smoke, which though I appreciate is due to many smokers, seems to also imply a lack of cleanliness. Rooms are a little dated and wifi, though advertised as in room, was terrible during my stay - I was unable to get an Internet connection though there was a wifi signal.

The pool area was very busy. It feels like a resort with lots of young people and families crammed into sun loungers and towels, or splashing about in the small pools, trying to get some sun or have fun. After the tranquility of other places I stayed in Morocco this was a bit of an unwelcome shock to the system.

I managed to stay here at what seemed like a heavily discounted price but on reflection the price I paid didn't reflect the value of my stay - it should've been cheaper. I wouldn't come back here again and would suggest that friends and family also avoid it.

If you do stay, please try to explore the areas beyond the resort for restaurants and cafes to make the most of your time in Marrakech.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hamburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Stayed here for 1 week mixing pleasure with business. Obviously not a five star hotel but you get what you pay for. I found that the majority of staff were friendly and ready to help. Hotel extremely busy at times so service a bit slow then. Rooms need renovating but generally OK if you think of the hotel as 3 star. Our room was generally quiet and well serviced. Dinner in the a la carte restaurant pretty good. Other one churns out run of the mill food designed to feed tour groups and conference attendees. Close to attractions. I can recommend the day trip around town available direct from the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose rooms well away from pool, reception and restaurants. Garden rooms on 3rd floor are quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

I am not the moaning type when I am on a business trip. Let's be honest, it's always nice when your accommodation is paid for you but in this case the moaner in me has been coming out during my stay. The hotel is badly looked after as you will find chipped doors and chairs; rust in the bathroom, cracked tiles, windows that cannot be locked etc. The service can be good at times if you are happy to wait; personnel is best in the dining area where they are charming and always happy to help. Food is nice as you have the choice. Now, bear in mind you are staying in a 5* hotel and be prepared to pay for...mostly everything which includes the use of the pool. It is average when compared to other hotels with less stars but don't let it put you off your stay in Marrakech.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Milan (Italy)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I am staying at the Kenzi Farah at the moment and as i have seen some very negative reviews i thought i would send in mine which is i have to say very positive at the moment.

I have been here since thursday the 4th of april. When I arrived with my colleagues, im here for a conference, the rooms werent ready but we were given access to them to drop our luggage off and we went for a wander into the centre of Marrakech. Very interesting place. I have been here already so i just followed my colleagues who wanted to see the square. At 10 in the morning it was a bit empty.

My room is very spacious, clean and comfortable. All the staff i have had contact with so far have been gracious and welcoming. From the people at the desk to the cleaning lady who does my room in the morning. There is a lovely pool, which i havent had the chance to use yet but i will, and the buffet lunch and breakfast are more than satisfactory.

I hope this review and the fotos help if anyone is thinking of staying here.

Milan, Italy
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am writing this review as I am still staying at the Kenzy Farah hotel. I am finding this stay very unpleasant one in many ways specially after not being able to change hotels at this point because first I have been asked to pay in advance for my two days stay that I organised for myself and secondly because I am here for work so the arrangements for the hotel have been already taken care of by my company.
The only positive thing so far about the hotel is the location as it is at walking distance to the main town attractions and even if you want to take a taxi it's not very expensive.
The look of the whole hotel is a bit old although well taken care of for most of the gardens and outdoor swimming pool. But if you look at rooms and facilities they could be better taken care of. My room was initially with the toilet dirty and very few toilet paper left. I had to request for an extra roll of toilet paper and after a 30 minute wait and 3 phone calls the maid brought it in. The thing that bothers me the most is the way in which the people that work here don't even say, oh, we're sorry for the inconvenience or something like that. Also the lady at the reception was not very helpful when we requested suggestions for restaurants, she seemed rather annoyed. Also the lady at the wellness area gave us confusing information about what we could use or not included in the price that we paid for.
Moreover, the information on the site is not clear about what is included or not so anything which is of common sense use like the gym, or the indoor swimming pool or sauna are not included ,, all optionals are to be paid extra. And to be honest, I would have preferred to choose another hotel that offered these amenities included in the price room (which by the way is not the cheapest). Last but not least, if you have booked your room through Expedia or booking, make sure to ask for what sort of treatment you can use at the spa for free. Since they will not give out this information at the reception when you first check in. In any case, I would definitely not recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Kenzi Farah? Share your experiences!