“Great public and pool areas.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Es Saadi Gardens & Resort - Hotel

Save Saved
You added Es Saadi Gardens & Resort - Hotel to your Saves list
Es Saadi Gardens & Resort - Hotel
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Rue Ibrahim El Mazini - Hivernage, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #277 of 460 Hotels in Marrakech
Houston, Texas
“Great public and pool areas.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Stayed three night for a work visit. The public areas are really nice. The pool bar shuts at about 5 or 6pm which made for a quiet beautiful pool area in evening allowing me to sleep with windows open (on third floor) during nice weather in April. The view from room over pool toward Casino and faint outline of Atlas mountains beyond was lovely. Dinner in the French Gastronomie restaurant was delicious. Buffet breakfast was nice (nothing over the top) and overall service was perfect. If something could be improved it would be that the rooms are a little dated (they are not bad; just a bit dated) and the shower/bath with moving glass panel feels a little awkward/insecure.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Raïk B, Directeur général at Es Saadi Gardens & Resort - Hotel, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, let me thank you for having taken the time to let us know about your satisfaction on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Es Saadi Hotel, and tell you that I do really appreciate it.
Always trying to offer our guests a quality of service worth the image the Es Saadi Gardens & Resort wishes to give, it is certain that your comment pushes my team and myself to continue our efforts, as it is always encouraging to notice that everyone’s work contribute to make our guests stay pleasant.
Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon at the Es Saadi Hotel,

I remain,

Es Saadi Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Turkish first
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

This is a very nice hotel with a lovely pool. Plenty of choice for breakfast. The food in the hotel restaurant was very acceptable without being outstanding. The staff were helpful and friendly. The hotel is in a good location, within walking distance of Place Jemma El Fna. The room was attractive and very clean, with a nice balcony. They even brought out a birthday cake to celebrate my wife's 70th and we had "Happy Birthday" sung in English, French and Berber! Wonderful.
If you want to stay in the old heart of Marrakech in amongst the throng and noise, stay in a Riad within the wall. If you want good access to the sights but to stay in a modern hotel in peace and quiet, I would certainly choose Es Saadi Gardens Hotel again. (Stayed as part of a Saga tour)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guests,

I was really pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay at the Es Saadi Hotel.
I also was delighted that you liked the facilities we provided and especially the service you received of my team. I have passed on your kind comments to them.
Once again, I thank you for sharing with us your message, and looking forward to welcoming you on a next trip to Marrakech,

Best regards

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Spent 2 days at the Es Saadi Gardens hotel during a 1-week trip in Morocco. The hotel is very nice but it does not deserve its 5-star rating. There was a very noisy animation that weekend I stayed around the pool, with music way too loud. Hopefully, the hotel allowed guest to use the pool in the Palace area, which was way more quiet. But overall, I haven't felt I got the value I paid for.

They offer breakfast buffet with a mix of Moroccan and Western options, so for those of you not willing to try, you'll be able to eat "like at home". Haven't had lunch and dinner so I can't comment but it isn't cheap so you may want to go out and take advantage of the many dinning options.

Employees are nice and courteous.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Karym,

This message to inform you that I carefully read your comment you wrote on the TripAdvisor website after your stay at the Es Saadi Hotel last month.

We constantly do our most to offer a quality of service worth the image we wish to give to our hotel, and I’m happy to read that the service you were given at the Es Saadi Hotel has been up to your expectations.

I want you to know that we consider your comments very seriously and use them to take the necessary steps to improve and reach the irreproachable level of service that you are expected.

Regarding the animation, please allow me to explain; we had a very special Event: The Sismix that took place that week

Hoping we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again

Yours faithfully.

Es Saadi General Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We are currently staying here and couldn't be happier. Staff are more than helpful, rooms are great, breakfast is fab & it's fantastic value for money.
Although it's seems the majority of guests are French, we don't feel out of place & every staff member I have met has spoken English.
It's a great base away from the hustle & bustle of the old town yet close enough to get there easily enough.
Breakfast is great, huge selection.
It's not the cheapest for food & drink but still less than you pay in uk at a hotel.
Pool is lovely & there is no fight for a lounger.
Although the casino & nightclub is a stone throw away we have not once heard Noise from there in the evening.
Overall very pleased and would come back again.
Please do not be put off by negative reviews, I had been & there was no need.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear guests,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review and are extremely pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Es Saadi Hotel Marrakech.
Your satisfaction and your comments are an encouragement to us in the pursuit of making each stay a memorable one.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Es Saadi Hotel, we sincerely hope to see you again.

With all our very best regards

Looking forward to that occasion,

Yours sincerely,

Totnes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We really cannot understand the poor reviews on this hotel. It must have been refurbished since they stayed there.. We were there at the end of April and loved everything about it. The staff were extremely helpful and friendly always smiling. The weather was perfect without mosquitoes. All the meals were good and breakfast had a large display, hot and cold, to choose from. Sitting outside poolside for our dinner was delightful. No loud music. Mainly French speaking guests, some with children who were well behaved. The hotel is favourably located with good access to outside attractions in the area. We would highly recommend this hotel and would go there again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Raïk B, Directeur général at Es Saadi Gardens & Resort - Hotel, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Dear M Martin,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your recent stay at the Es Saadi hotel on TripAdvisor. We are working very hard to ensure that all of our guests are completely satisfied and I am delighted to know that you left our hotel with pleasant memories.
The entire team will be thrilled to hear that their efforts were up to your expectations, it is a real motivation for all of us

We hope to welcome you back to the Es Saadi Hotel soon.

Looking forward to that occasion,

Yours sincerely,

Hotel General Manager
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I am writing from the hotel which I am (thx god!) leaving today! I spent 3 nights here and I never thought I would be so happy to go home. The service is terrible, staff do not care and make you feel like they are giving you a favour no matter what you ask for. The hotel is part of a resort which I was told I could have access to any facilities, but surprise, when we got here we tried to go to the biggest swimming pool (the one on all the pictures on the net), but we were refused the access. Apparently you have to stay in the "palace side" to be good enough to swim in it.. When checking in the hotel, i had been given a map with all hotel favilities but never had been told that I would not be welcome in some of them.
Service wise, if you dont mind asking 3/4 time for water , salt & pepper etc... This place is for you.
Food, just average.
Last day, non of the satf was suprised that myself and 30 other guests were towell less by the swimming pool and I had to make a fuss for someone realising that maybe their towel guy didnt show and maybe they needed to take care of us.
I will never return to this expensive hotel, and I advise you not to go!

• Stayed May 2014
Raïk B, Directeur général at Es Saadi Gardens & Resort - Hotel, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I'm sorry to hear about your disappointment. Please accept my most sincere apologies for not having fulfilled your expectations.

Your comments have been transmitted to all departments. Regarding your comments about the swimming pool, indeed we do have a Palace & a five stars hotel in our Resort with a policie for each one that are clearly explain upon check in.

We have taken notes regarding the service in our restaurant and snack around the pool, we gave new instructions to the staff to insure an optimal service even for the towel to make sure it won't happen again.

Please rest assured that the comfort and the satisfaction of our guests are our first preoccupation. I thank you for your understanding and for helping us to improve the quality of our service.

Once again, let us express to you our most sincere regret for not having met your expectations.

I sincerely hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at the Hotel Es Saadi to show you our improvements.

With all our very best regards.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Dont pay too much attention to the last reviewer having a moan. Me and my wife just came back from 5 days in the hotel and I couldn't fault anything. Breakfast was served until 1030, we would usually head down around 10am and never had any issues.

The hotel is in Hivernage which is a quiet yet upperclass area. Its nice to come back to this hotel and location after the hustle and bustle of the medina. It's still central and the Medina is either a 30 dirham or 20 min walk away. Hivernage itself has quite a few restaurants, bars and cafes.

The hotel rooms are nice and spacious the swimming pools are great, it has a very good gym as well as sports bar and restaurant. It also has a cash point, money exchange and the Saadi Palace and casino are next door as well if you are into that. Even if you dont like gambling it is entertaining and a good spot for some people watching. The customer service was really good as well, never got any complaints when we asked for things and staff were generally nice and polite. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Raïk B, Directeur général at Es Saadi Gardens & Resort - Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing the Es Saadi Hotel and for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay with us. We strive to provide exceptional service; therefore your feedback is exceedingly important as it acts as an indicator of how we are performing.

Indeed the location situation is really exceptionnal. Moreover breakfast is really attractive and various ( Moroccan specialities, special bread, cheese, pastries and ... ).

We are working very hard to ensure that all of our valued guests are completely satisfied. Therefore, I am glad to know that you left our hotel with pleasant memories. Rest assured that I have shared your kind words with our team; I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to provide all of our guests with the quality of service in which we take great pride.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time your travel plans include Marrakech.

With best regards,

Raïk BOUHMOUCH

Been to Es Saadi Gardens & Resort - Hotel? Share your experiences!