Honestly this is right on the cusp of being a five star review, but I get the feeling our stay was so excellent because we went off season.
We stayed in the Atlas Suite on the corner of the hotel and thought it was overall lovely.
- The suite was massive, and the cleaning staff were in and out every time you left to turn down the bed, hoover and tidy behind you. Incredible service.
- The concierge staff were incredibly helpful, polite and welcoming. The vast majority of the staff were, but the concierge's and the restaurant staff spoke the best English.
- The bed was enormous. You could go with a friend and share the double bed without ever even touching.
- The restaurant was absolutely delcious, half board would be a wise investment.
- The pool was kept clean and sparkling, and pleasantly cool when you were trying to escape the merciless heat.
- The grounds were beautiful, and use of the gym facilities in the palace was very welcome and extremely convenient.
- the mountains were partially visible on a couple of occasions, the room is advertised for it's stunning view of them but the air is constantly full of sand/heat haze at that distance and you never see them.
- There was an incongruously grotty kitchen in the room. Everything was rather plush and lovely and freshly painted then there was this little box of crap tiles and lino. It was actually quite funny, in a surreal way.
- It's French Morocco, so the staff speak Arabic (faarsi?) and French, with English being a second language, not really a criticism but it made ordering lunches by the pool a bit of an adventure.
It's definitely a five star hotel from the 90's or so, but what do you expect in Africa? I can't even understand the one star reviews I've seen on here after having visited.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An historical institution which opened its door in 1966. Fully renovated in 2005, this 5 star hotel mixes a unique nostalgic style with the latest hi-tech amenities. Top-level services are overseen by a “golden keys” Chief Concierge. Full access to all resort activities: Bars and Restaurants, Spas, Morrocan Diner-Show, Casino de Marrakech, Night Clubbing.Located in the heart of Marrakech, in the “Hivernage” residential area, and surrounded by 20 acres of beautiful gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, getaroom.com and HotelTravel.com so you can book your Es Saadi Gardens & Resort - Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Es Saadi Marrakech
- Hotel Es Saadi