“Depressing to have to leave!” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Villa des Orangers to your Saves list
La Villa des Orangers
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 rue Sidi Mimoun, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #28 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
“Depressing to have to leave!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Wow, 3 nights of pure bliss in rooms 11 & 12. This Riad really does go above and beyond in every way. There is complementary washing and ironing daily, we had breakfast and lunch included, soft drinks and bottled water free when ever you request it, what can't they do! The staff even remember what your food and drink preferences are and although they are very professional can also have a good laugh too.
The food is international and I can't tell you how greatfull I was to see muesli on the menu! Lunch and Dinner were equally impressive.
The whole complex is surprisingly quiet considering you're right in the middle of town.

We can't think of any complaints... The only 1 small comment being the bathroom in room 11 had a weird smell but we think it was coming from the carpark outside our bathroom window.

Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

I stayed in Suite 24 and it is the most amazing room I have ever stayed in across the globe. I travel quite extensively and for me to say that means a lot. The private terrace, the bathroom with my own babooshka slippers, lovely decor and amazing living room with fireplace. The staff is so friendly and nothing is too much to arrange. I loved every morsel of food I ate. The fact that they did my laundry and ironed it for free was the best treat! We enjoyed the spa and the traditional haman! Great technicians! The general manager was always present and smiling. The property is close enough to walk to the new city and also to the Souk. The pool looks like it would be on a postcard. I almost stayed at the La Moumounia which is also pretty but this is Morocco! I am so glad I chose this place instead. I felt as though I was in a traditional Riad and not a large property where they dont even know who I am. I stayed here with my 14 year old son and he loved it as well. We will certainly be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is a fabulous hotel. When you first walk in you are not sure what to expect, but once through the doors you are enveloped in luxury. The rooms are amazing, with exceptional furnishings. The pool is lovely and some rooms have rooftop terraces which are stunning. Food is excellent and service is superb. A real five star experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

We just have three nights here and wished we could have stayed longer. Easily the best place that we stayed in all of Morocco. I could wax on but do yourself a favor and stay there. It is a calm oasis with true five star service. The only small and I mean small is that they could improve the strength of the internet service.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Exceptional atmosphere in genuine Morrocan style. A true 5 star in every way. Design and Interior, hospitality, atmosphere, facilitys, food, staff, cleaning, service, etc

Great authentic moroccan interior and atmosphere. Super nice lounge areas. Both inside and outside. Extremly cute pool on the roof terrase and very nice pool areas in the center of the riad.

The interior in the rooms we had were extremly nice. Large spaced rooms with fireplace, sitting area, specially large and comfortable bathrooms. Very comfortable, chic and trendy rooms over all, with direct access to own roof terrasse and very qute pool area. The hospitality and service is very good and the people working here are really nice. They are always good covered on everything from cleaning and concierge, to restaurant and reception.

The waiters can come across a little intence when it comes to beeing present around you during the meals, observing, even though it is only ment as service, I found it a little uncomfortable at times that I was constantly "beeing watched". They were also a little too eager to clean the table while we were still eating. This is only with the best intention, but for me it's important that waiters are discreet and not notisable.

This didn't affect my total experience at Villa des Oranges. Because I really love this place and all the people working there are super nice. I would definately stay there again if I go to Marrakech, and I am definately reccomending this Riad to everyone I know who is going there!! The place gave us very very nice memories from and made our Moroccan experience as amazing at is was!

Stayed July 2014
Hexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

What a lovely place to stay in the medina. A very unassuming entrance that opens into some wonderful space. Despite the heat the riad offers a very cool space, with a long pool to the rear with loungers set amongst olive trees that catch the breeze "just so".

I really appreciated the free (soft drinks) minibar and laundry service, nice touches, and well set out with little private spaces and alcoves dotted throughout.

You do have a choice with rooms, we had the deluxe rooms (the cheapest) which were at ground level but, you know, I think they were the most authentic and nicest rooms in the whole place. I'd recommend rooms 10 and 11 as they are spacious, quiet and have pretty much their own private courtyard which is really fab. For minor reasons we had to move and were upgraded to upstairs rooms (8 and 9) with their own roof terrace and access to a rooftop pool. So ok, a private lounger but not as nice as beside the ground floor pool anyway and the rooms themselves were noticeably smaller so I'd suggest you think about saving the 400 MAD room rate unless you really, really need a rooftop terrace.
Service was perhaps not as spot on and attentive as some, but it was Ramadan and it was hot so I'm sure it improves outside of that time.
I do recommend this place!

Room Tip: Deluxe rooms on the ground floor are cheaper, and bigger than those on 1st floor with a rooftop terr...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oslo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

La Villa des Orangers is probably the nicest place to stay in Medina Marrakech. This riad is such a treasure, you can't be dissapointed! It really has everything. Amazing and genuine surroundings, great food, extraordinary service, spacious bedrooms, swimmingpools, beautifull roof top, several chillout rooms, spa treatment, just to mention some. Every star of the five they've got, is well deserved! Me and my wife give our warmest recommondations! Kick back, find yourself at ease and enjoy:)

• Stayed July 2014