“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Tikida Garden

Save Saved
You added Hotel Riu Tikida Garden to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Tikida Garden
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Circuit de la Palmeraie - BP 1585, Marrakech 40007, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Special Offer
Ranked #177 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW via mobile

What more can you ask for? Me and my partner booked this last minute at an absolute steal, for what was our first holiday together. The hotel is very welcoming as are the staff, from greeting us with a cocktail on our first night to meeting our every need throughout the week we were there! The weather was stunning, if anything too hot, and the large swimming pool was ideal when we needed to cool off, whilst there are many activities that allow for the same. My partner used the spa facilities and was very impressed.
The all inclusive is as to be expected, but the specialties are very nice and worth a try, whilst the drinks are all nice enough, and very welcome in the hot weather!
The hotel rooms are lovely and offer free Wi-Fi, which all combined together equates to an extremely chilled out holiday! We loved it and would happily return, despite the obscene tradition of waking up at ungodly hours to secure sunbeds for the day!

PS. Don't buy from the hotel shop as the prices are inflated, and don't forget to bring enough sun tan cream as that is extortionately priced!!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

1,461 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here for a week with my husband, 7 month old baby and my dad. We had a fabulous time & wished we had booked for longer.
When we arrived which was at 11ish in the morning we got told the rooms would be ready at international check in time 2pm. We were quite hot & tired (as the coaches took a long time to leave the airport due to passport control) & as we were travelling with a baby & needed to change his nappy we asked if our room could be ready earlier. We were told to come back at 12. So we had a cappuccino in Zanzibar which was delicious, had a little stroll around the grounds & when we returned our room was ready so we were pleased with the service right from the outset.
Our room had lots of space, great mirrors, and table and chairs, two twin beds pushed together, a travel cot & a camp bed. My dad didn't want to sleep on a camp bed so we had a word with one of the maids and straight away they bought in a proper bed. We also asked for a fridge because of travel pouches of food for the baby again which they organised immediately. The bathroom had a hair dryer in it and the shower and bath were great.
We went for lunch at the poolside bar and restaurant and it was excellent. You would have to be extremely fussy not to like anything at this hotel. There was always a huge choice of salads, fresh bread, soup, fresh fish, pasta, pizza, chips, chicken or beef dishes often international like Chinese or French, for dessert, cakes, fresh fruit, mousse and ice cream. The drinks were good and whilst they might not taste as strong as our brands back home it was nice to have a glass of wine with lunch and not feel tired in the afternoon.
The poolside area was great as there is a large pool which has a baby pool at the end. But it was far too cold in March so we took our little boy to the indoor pool and he loved it in there, it was nice and warm. I could imagine when the hotel is full there are not enough sun beds around this main pool. The entertainment team are nice and friendly but not pushy at all. There was a good choice of entertainment day and night and something to suit most people.
The restaurant in the evening was excellent too, you have breakfast in here as well. Again there is always lots of choice, with chefs cooking at stations and constantly refilling food. The waiters are very friendly and made a bug fuss of our little boy every meal time. The drinks are brought to your table and the waiters usually remember your drinks. There is a lovely conservatory area in this restaurant but the tables are only set up in twos so we could never go in.
There are comfy and relaxing seats in Zanzibar and a pianist plays at night. We found him to be quite entertaining as well as some of the bar staff. There was evening entertainment on downstairs but we did not venture down until half way through the week because we had a pram but the entertainment team would help us carry it down the stairs.
We went to the gym once which had a treadmill, steppers some weights, bikes and a gym room. We did not use the spa. The tea and coffee in the poolside bar are not very warm so it's best to get hot drinks from Zanzibar.
We tried to use the free shuttle service and waited in a queue until the bus came. Then once the doors opened some very rude foreign guests pushed me( and my baby) and others out of the way to get on the bus so we had to pay for our own taxi. Just a warning!
Also the grounds are lush and well maintained, the smoking in the reception area is quite bad though. I would definitely return.

Stayed March 2014
York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Not a bad hotel, 'per se', however, it is very much in need of a refurbishment.
The Thompson Star rating system, awards it a 4 'T' rating. I would award it a 2.5 star rating.
The number of guests was far too many for the size of the pool and in general too many people for the very low quality/quantity of the amenities.
The rooms were 2 star level at best and lacked proper maintenance, (air conditioning was poor and the 'in room' TV was tiny, with only two power sockets free for our use).
Fairly clean and the food was average, with limited choice and very average quality.
My wife, me and two teenage children stayed here, and would not go back, whilst it is in its present state.
Staff were helpful and happy, on the whole.
My whole family found ourselves doing a lot outside of the hotel complex, which is expected, especially in Marrakech, however, the hotel does need to improve the quality and quantity of 'on site' entertainment and amenities.
The gardens around the hotel, (hence the name of the place), were very nice, but not much use for European guests!!!!

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed the same, very average. No noise issues I could determine. Stay at the other...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Stockport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just got home from a 10 day stay at this hotel where we had a great time, nice and relaxing. I would recommend a stay here. Just a few points though.

The food is of good quality and there is plenty of it however after 10 days it was quite repetitive. Breakfast had sausages, freshly cooked fried eggs, omelettes, scrambled eggs, beans, pastries. By far our favorite meal! Lunch and dinner was pretty much the same everyday, like I said its nice food but after 10 days I was glad for a change.

I felt that the new sunbed system worked in this hotel. You cant reserve a sunbed before 8am (unless you are sat on them) If you put your towels down at 7am then went back to bed they were removed by management. And so they should. If you want a sunbed you have to get up sit on them till 8am, I was up every morning at 7:15 to reserve 2 beds, no problem. At bang on 8am management removed the signs around pool area that are put out every morning and you can they leave your towels unattended on the sun bed and go for breakfast. Easy.

We felt the rooms were nice in the hotel. You don't have to pay for a safety box and there is a TV and fridge. The only problem we had was the air con was rubbish. But other people we spoke to in the hotel said that theirs was fine. I think it just depends what area of the hotel you stay in.

The entertainment wasn't great at night time but there at 2 bars to sit in at night that are open till midnight and a large selection of drinks to choose from so we were happy with that. Bar staff do a good job and you are served very quickly.

All in all I would recommend this hotel.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Quick Summary
Family of 8 which consists of 1 baby, 1 kid (4yrs) an OAP and five adults for a 11 night stay.

• Hotel grounds are very nice and we'll maintained and the staff are fantastic. The hotel rooms aren't nice, for a four star I wouldn't have expected a broken fridge, which never got fixed. The air con if you can call it that blows less cold air than a normal domestic fan. I would class this hotel as a maximum 3 stars and that's being generous.
• The food is Okay nothing special and very repetitive to say the least.
• Kids entertainment, there isn't any. This was the main reason we picked this resort and we've been bitterly disappointed and let down. I wouldn't recommend this resort to families but only for 18-30's.
• The pool is nice but the tiles in the pool are poorly laid so they cut you feet to pieces. We don't believe they have enough sunbeds either for a full hotel. Reserving a sunbed is a fiasco and something that I dreaded doing each morning, please read below to find out more. Also they have no pool music and the only music they play is for the water aerobics, which is the same track every day, boring!!
• The second restaurant was rubbish and had the same food and the main buffet, pointless booking that.
• No need to take trousers with you to this resort because everyone wears what they like. Most people wore shorts, some even wore tracksuit bottoms.

First of all I would like to start off stating that this is not a 4 star hotel. Rooms are not nice at all but we looked past that because we spend more time around the pool than we do in the rooms. The fridge that comes with the rooms are not cold one little bit, in fact I thought it was broken when we first arrived and the air con isn't blowing much cold air either.

The hotel states it's a family resort however, they haven't laid on one day of kids entertainment in the 11 nights we've been here and the Rep's are more interested with playing with the adults. The night time entertainment for the kids is in the basement two stories down and trying to get a pram down there is a tough task and the entertainment for the kids is music playing and for them to chase the lights. There was zero entertainment for kids. Like I said the entertainment was two stories down with no lift so it was impossible for my Nan (80 yrs) to get down there.

Many families not just ours have found claiming sunbeds in the morning a chore, not because of the German this times, but because of the way the new manager has organised the way we claim the sunbeds. It's been the most stressful thing I have ever experienced on a holiday. First of all I don't believe they have enough beds for a full hotel of guests. They then stack and chain the sunbeds up around the pool so that you need to get there early and stand by a stack of sunbeds. You can be standing there for hours but this doesn't mean you are guaranteed the beds you require. The staff will come round the pool throwing the sunbeds from the stacks and people arriving to the pool then throw their towels on them. For me I had to get 6 sunbeds for the adults while trying to get them next to the kiddie pool. Trying to get a large amount of sunbeds is virtually impossible and extremely stressful to the point of getting stressed the night before the morning sunbed fiasco.

Due to the number of complaints the manager changed the system so that the sunbeds are all laid out but if you are not present with the bed your towel will be removed. This is a good idea but not for large parties nor is it kid friendly. For example how can they expect the parents to get their kids ready and out of the rooms early and have them laying on the beds until 8am. I said this to the manager in which he replied 'rules are rules'. Soon after he said that to me he walked around the pool and removed four towels and a personal handbag off beds. This has now become stressful again because I had to get an OAP who can't walk to come from her room and lay on a bed to secure it and i had to get two kids and parents to lay on there's to ensure we had beds throughout the day. Absolutely ridiculous, this hotel is not kid friendly for many reasons and I would not recommend it. If you are looking for an 18-30s resort then this might suit you.

The food is okay, somewhat repetitive. 70% of the food in the morning, lunch and dinner remains same. I'm truly fed up with the food and so are many others. Almost two weeks of the same thing becomes frustrating and sickening.

Overall the staff are very friendly and happy to help for the exception of the manager. The resort is okay but too many things let this hotel down. We are very disappointed because the reviews we read were good and there isn't a kids club to entertain the kids in the day or at night which was one of the main reasons for booking this holiday.

We would not like to return back to this resort and we wished we had spent a little more to have got somewhere better.

Room Tip: Non of the rooms are nice so keep that in mind!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bewdley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Just come back from a weeks stay after booking this holiday literally the day before we flew. I must say the hotel was great, first impressions were that it was clean and tidy and gardens were impressive too. Had a great room on the 2nd floor in block 3 which was very spacious, cleaned every day and nice and cool as they were air conditioned which is just what you need when the temp was 38 most days in the shade.
Restaurant was kept open later on the day of our arrival so we could have something to eat and there was plenty of choice and was first class you couldn't fault it unless you are really fussy. There was steak, bacon, sea bass, salmon, pizza you name it at some point it came on the menu. Book for the Moroccan restaurant if you get the chance and want to try something different as there are limited places each night, just ask the waiter when you go for breakfast.
Only went on two trips but well worth it and that was the Ouzord water falls and the last night cleche trip to the Medina. Just be careful on the water falls trip as the rep tells you when walk the 671 steps to the bottom and go for a short ride on the boat you get picked up by coach but you don't you have to walk the 671 steps back up so wear sensible shoes and take plenty of water as the heat is intense.
Sun beds were always taken round the pool early in the morning but unless you wanted to sit on top of the person next to you and get hit by balls avoid them and sit towards the back by the Spa much nicer area to relax.
All in all a very good place to holiday and would recommend it if like me you can eat, drink, swim, get a good nights sleep without paying over the odds.....oh and if you are lucky you can see the tortoises walking on the gardens.

Room Tip: Go for a room on the second floor block 3 was great we were in 366
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Well booked late, never been, thought the Hotel was clean tidy and well presented, staff we very happy to please, always cleaning, food was very nice a little samie, but always some thing to eat, never went hungry, lovely fresh bread, salads, Moroccan food always on menu, lots of lovely cakes n ice cream, you will not starve even the fussiest eaters like me, Pool.... well only one large one and the sun bed thing was a little bit of a pain, you had to be up very early to secure your bed, otherwise you might not get one, but the rule of thumb was if you were on your bed b4 8 you had to stay on it, or your things would be removed, so that was good, overall the rooms were nice free air con much needed, and free safes, Nice stay would go back :)