“A great fortnight.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Tikida Garden

Save Saved
You added Hotel Riu Tikida Garden to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Tikida Garden
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Circuit de la Palmeraie - BP 1585, Marrakech 40007, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Turn Spring Around!
Ranked #155 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Manchester
“A great fortnight.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Went as an extended family of 8 last August/ September.
Our first time to Morocco so wasn't sure what to expect. A good size hotel, not too big.
The hotel would benefit from a second swimming pool as during the peak season everyone is crammed in side by side and, as mentioned in other reviews, some people are down at the pool at the crack of dawn to bag a bed (you have to stay with the bed until 8am I believe or the pool attendant will remove your towel!
We really couldn't be bothered with all this malarkey as there are plenty of beds in the beautiful gardens just beyond the pool near the well kept tennis courts.
Soft drinks by the pool are self service but you have to go inside, where the buffet lunch is served, so at lunch time you have a mix of people who have got dressed or covered up to eat lunch queuing with bathers in swim wear dripping onto the floor! A bit odd. Having an outside refreshment station would sort this out and the staff wouldn't have to be constantly mopping the floor!
The food was very good for an all inclusive hotel with plenty of dishes to choose from. Some people say the food becomes repetitive but with so much choice each day it really isn't a problem.
Lets face it, if you visited any top restaurant 14 nights in a row back home, you would get bored of the menu!
The evening 'shows' take place down stairs below the hotel lobby, a bit hit and miss but they give it their all and it's worth a look.
The main bar in the evening gets VERY warm and although there is some air conditioning I'm not sure whether it just can't cope or if its left off to save money, but as smoking is allowed the heat and smoke can get a bit much. There are some nice patio areas where you can sit in the evening, but once again, there is nowhere to get a drink so you would have to walk back into the hotel. Through the lobby and into the bar each time. Not a major trauma but something that could be looked into, having said that Morocco probably gets quite cold in the evenings at low season so the management probably wouldn't want to invest in outside bars that would be closed for half the season. Rooms were fine, overlooking the gardens, all the staff work really hard and all seem happy in their jobs, which is usually a sign of a well managed hotel. The manager was always on hand, especially at meal times. A very pleasant man who would go out of his way to make sure everything is ok for you.
It was 45 degrees during the day when we were there, so drank plenty of bottled water which was available behind the reception (which is a nice touch, some AI hotels wouldn't dream of dishing out free bottled water)
All in all a grat holiday and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending The Riu Tikida Gardens to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

1,330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Polish first
Roterham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed all inclusive for a week here and had a very relaxing time. The staff were great, service with a very big smile. The entertainment team were enthusiastic & chatty without being overly so.
Quite a large pool, although you have to be an early riser to get a good spot!! Towels for sunbathing round the pool are provided (just in case I'm not the only one who thought they should take their own).
I would recommend the trip to the Souks (if you went alone it would be so easy to get lost) and my friends said the garden trip was great too. The history tour was 4 hours that could have been done in 2, in my opinion.
Overall, a great hotel to escape to for a week of doing nothing but relaxing, eating & drinking.

• Stayed June 2013
rutland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel was very clean and the staff were all friendly.
We went on my husbands birthday, and at our meal that night we had champagne, cake and they all sang happy birthday.
The food was good and varied, and plenty of it.
The only thing was the pool was freezing, but that's the only complaint
Overall a lovely break

Room Tip: No difference really
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Just spent a week at this Hotel and the positives far outweigh any negatives. The staff are excellent, have a great sense of fun and appear very happy to be working at this Hotel. From the reception staff to the cleaning staff, waiters to bar staff we never met one member of staff who looked anything other than happy that we were staying at this Hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable, everything worked and the sheets were changed daily and we also had the enjoyment of towel sculptures on quite a few days. TV was limited for English/Sports Channels but it wasn't something we were on holiday for! The food overall was very good, I can understand that on a two week stay it may become repetitive. We visited the Morrocan a la carte and found it to be a great evening, I had the Lamb tajine which was brilliant, a huge piece of lamb cooked to perfection. We found that there are more sun beds than people you could always find a sun bed but not always shade if you were looking after 10am. We had a wander outside the Hotel and to the left about 50 yards is a Cigarette Shop and next door to that is a browse and haggle in (Mohammeds) shop, he sells most items and a lot cheaper than the Hotels Shop!! If you turn right out of the Hotel, walk about 400 yards you will find quite a few shops spread across a number of streets. We found this quite a safe and enjoyable walk to experience "authentic" shops. We took the free shuttle bus into Marrakech and enjoyed a day exploring. There are some negatives but balanced against the price of the week they are not worth dwelling on or putting you off booking this Hotel. We would return and that says it all really. Did I mention that the weather was amazing too ...90f+ all week........Excellent week..

Room Tip: Higher rooms will offer views of some description.
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone. At first I was a bit skeptical, I wasn't expecting too much because I was told that a Moroccan 4 star hotel is probably more like a 3 star in reality and the pictures I saw f it were pretty OK, but I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel is much nicer in person than any of the photos I aw and much cleaner too! We loved it I went a a group of 4 other friends. The staff were so so pleasant and friendly and seemed very genuine. The locals in Marrakech were also very warm and friendly to us too. All the facilities were nice and neat. The spa was also very lovely we had a nice hammam. Tennis and gold courts were also good to use. The pool was nice and clean! Good size too although people tend to go and reserve sun beds from very early so it does get packed extremely quickly. But overall superb holiday! Loved Marrakech and had an absolute amazing driver that took us everywhere ( most places were within good distance to the hotel. He was super flexible and would pick us and take us wherever at anytime.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Bucks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We were looking for a reasonably priced, value for money holiday and we got just that. We have stayed in Riu hotels before so we knew we could rely on excellent service, good quality accommodation and good choice of tasty food, and we were not disappointed, the hotel was up to the Riu's high standard.
The only downside is the pool/ sunbathing area which is very cramped with the sunbeds to close to each other but I am sure this can be rectified but extending the sunbathing area further back from the pool.
We had a very enjoyable holiday and would happily go back.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool area offer more privacy
England, Derby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Let me start first of all about the food because when you do an All Inclusive holiday one of the most important things is the food at the hotel. Now the food is not horrible by any means and everything you have is nice but its the lack of option that affected me. Everyday the food seemed to be almost the same to the point that I wasnt looking forward to going for dinner or evening meal because I knew I would be eating almsot the same as I had done the day before and the day before that. We thought that we would give the Moroccon restaurant a try at the hotel that you can book for at reception because everybody had told us how lovely it was.....but again we just found it to be the same food we were being served in the main restuarant. Again you will not go hungry and the food is of a good standard there just isnt really alot of choice.

Now about the hotel, in some reviews it had been stated that the rooms were a little dated, If im honest our room 362 was fine and more than adicute and comfortable. The room was always cleaned to a very high standard and had everything we needed. I would advise that if you have long or thick hair to take an hair dryer you do have one in the bathroom but its not the greatest.

The pool area is very nice and clean but myself i wasnt very keen on the lay out (this is only my opnion) its a big pool with sunbeds all the way around so everymorning everybody is putting there towels out so they can be close to the pool and i found it to be a little cramped also around the pool, some of the sunbeds are so close to each other. but in my opnion you dont just go to morocco to sit around the pool all day especially when there is so much to do outside the hotel.

Going outside the hotel and walking around is fine, some people found this a little daunting including myself at first especially when it was just me and my mum but honestly the people are so friendly and we never once felt unsafe. The hotel do put a bus on and this free and it takes you to the new town worth a visit. we also visited the square both in the day and at night and we did this through thomson. you can just make your own way there but with thomson you get transport and a guide that can explain all about morocco and there people.

Please do not be put of by my review because the hotel is lovely just a few little things that need to be worked on. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to message me

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Riu Tikida Garden? Share your experiences!