“First time in Marrakech” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Tikida Garden

Save Saved
You added Hotel Riu Tikida Garden to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Tikida Garden
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Circuit de la Palmeraie - BP 1585, Marrakech 40007, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Turn Spring Around!
Ranked #155 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Lancing
“First time in Marrakech”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We really liked this hotel. The room was clean and spacious and the staff were friendly and helpful. We loved the gardens and were amazed at the number of birds constantly singing! The food was varied and plentiful with a choice for every taste and the wine, especially the red, was very good and came from bottles!
We thought that the animation team worked very hard to provide entertainment night and day with lots of opportunity for dancing after the nightly shows, so we didn`t feel the need to go into Marrakech in the evening. The manager was always around to make sure everything was running smoothly.
The only negative we noticed was people smoking in the bar and lobby, which is difficult for non smokers.
We would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel as we had a very enjoyable stay with a lot of sunshine and temperatures of 37 degrees!

Room Tip: Residence Palmeraie and first floor. We faced the gardens but if you want more sun you would need to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1,332 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
  • Polish first
Milton Keynes
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

A lovely friendly hotel. Nothing too much trouble for the charming, smiley staff. The food was really good, and a terrific choice at every meal. The room was a good size and overlooked the stunning gardens. It was a really peaceful place to be. We ventured into Marrakech a couple of times but were always pleased to return to the hotel. (I would agree with the previous reviewer about a visit to the Majorelle Gardens - an unexpected bonus in a manic city.) If the opportunity arose I'd definitely return to this hotel

rosyth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

my wife and i have just returned from the riu tikida garden after spending a week there which was our honeymoon.i can honestly say that we couldnt of picked a better hotel to stay.the staff are exceptionally helpful and polite and when the general manager found out it was our honeymoon he made a few extra gestures that went a long way to making our stay all the more special.the food was excellent and everyday i had plenty of different things on my plate,and the restaurant staff were always efficient and attentive.our room (356) was on the middle floor and is brilliantly
situated for a view of both the stunning gardens and the pool,plus it gets the late afternoon sun if you feel like resting on the balcony.
marrakech centre is only a 10 minute free shuttle bus ride away so access to local culture is right on the doorstep.
overall i cant praise this hotel highly enough,there genuinely isnt anything that i was disappointed in, and of all my holidays this one had to be right,and it was..
my gratitude to all the staff and especially the manager for making our honeymoon all we hoped for.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

My sisters and I have just returned from the Tikida Gardens and we have had a fantasic time.
We arrived at 12pm and was greeted by the Manager with a cool drink. We were then booked in which only took a couple of minuates and shown to our rooms which were amazing(room 423 and room 424) which are in the new block.

We went down to breakfast to a various section of fruit juice,cereals, bacon,sausage, omelettes, scrambled eggs, tomatoes, lovely fresh buns,and toast. etc.The waiters were always making sure that you had coffee and tea which was a nice touch.

Lunch is served in the Pool bar and again loads of choice and also kept clean and tidy.

Dinner

We found a mixture of English Moroccan Italian food which was always hot and well presented.

Grounds

The grounds of the hotel are spotless and the flowers and tree's are lovely.

Pool

The pool is big and we always found a sun bed even at 9.30am.If not at the pool in the garden area.

Staff

The hotel is spotless. All the staff are very friendly and willing to help if you need anything.

We would recommend this hotel with no desitation and would return to Marrakech.

Room Tip: Second floor in the new block.Number 423 or 424.They are lovely and facing the gardens.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
St. Asaph, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

just come back after two weeks and my husband and I cannot fault this hotel. from the lovely greeting when we arrived, the attentive, hard working, always smiling staff and wonderful animation team, The food was wonderful, how some people have said it is repetitive is a nonsense, it is plentiful and there are huge selections. we would certainly go back, the staff are amazing and location brilliant, step outside the hotel to the wonders of morocco. just go there! oh and look out for the tortoises!

Room Tip: pool view or overlooking lovely gardens
Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

I'm not long back from a fantastic week-long stay at the Riu Tikida Garden. On arrival, we were given a glass of fruit juice whilst we waited to get checked in; a nice touch!

The rooms are fairly basic, but have everything that you need. They are, however, quite spacious and are absolutely spotless, which is really everything that you need.

The food was great. I'm a pretty fussy eater, but I had no problem at all with getting myself food. There was always a good selection of foods available to satisfy all tastes, and the food itself was delicious. Watch out for the desserts too - some of them are simply fantastic. I see the usual complaints are raised about the food being repetitive, and whilst there is some truth in this, I can't help but wonder what some people expect: the hotel has to cater for hundreds of people every day, and you simply can't expect to feed them all on bespoke meals which are different every evening. There are no questions over the quality of the food, though - it was excellent.

The staff are the most attentive and helpful I've ever encountered in a hotel, especially in the dining area. They were always on hand to top up your glass of water and remove your plates. We were certainly well looked after during our stay.

I think you could probably see everything in Marrakech in four days, though I would recommend a trip to the Majorelle Gardens, which were lovely and not what you expect to see in a city like Marrakech.

I'm not sure I have a particular desire to return to Marrakech, but I would certainly go back to this hotel. My stay was both comfortable and highly enjoyable, and I would recommend the hotel to anyone considering Marrakech for their next holiday.

Room Tip: Book a room facing the pool; you'll get a better view.
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was my first trip to Marrakech and for anyone who's considering staying at this hotel I would say "do it"! I travelled alone with my Son and we both had such a fantastic time for many reasons. We've been lucky enough to visit some great places around the world but this holiday, for us, was up there with the best of them.

Upon arrival we received a warm welcome with a nice glass of fruit juice as we checked in. The General Manager met us all to welcome us to the hotel. From start to finish, the staff we attentive and helpful. The Manager does a fantastic job of ensuring everything is running efficiently. The room was comfortable and clean and the cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. The food was plentiful, tasty and there was always an excellent selection. The evening entertainment was hit and miss but on one evening there was a spectacular African Show with drummers, dancers and fire eating. I can honestly say it was the best hotel entertainment show I have ever seen!

We were lucky to meet some lovely people during our stay who also agreed that the hotel and resort were fantastic.

Marrakech itself was beyond words. Needless to say, I am already looking to come back. I'm just glad that the extra weight in my suitcases on the way back was overlooked.

My advice would be to take any negative comments read on here with a huge pinch of salt. Some people just enjoy moaning. I have never stayed in the same holiday hotel twice but I can't wait to come back here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Riu Tikida Garden? Share your experiences!