This is a large modern hotel in a the "Palmeraie" district of Marrakech, a little way outside of the old city walls and to the North of the bustling Medina. In my guidebook the Palmeraie is described as being "the Beverly Hills of Marrakech" which may be rather overstating it(!) but it's a decent enough location. There is a free shuttle from the hotel to the city centre, but more about that in a moment.
The hotel has nearly 500 rooms so although it has a large plot, the hotel buildings take up much of the space. I mention this because from the name "Tikida Garden" I'd expected a bit more, i.e. a few acres of parkland, but perhaps that was wishful thinking for a city hotel. What it does have is 4 tennis courts, a volleyball/badminton court and an area for playing petanque.
In addition to the main restaurant there is a special (and much smaller) restaurant called "One Thousand and One Nights" serving Moroccan cuisine. Unusually for all-inclusive resorts, this other restaurant was included at no extra cost. (But due to its size one has to book at lest 2 days in advance). The all-inclusive wine is perfectly acceptable and is definitely not watered down.
We enjoyed our stay but I'll list a few negatives too:
1) Some areas are lack atmosphere; particularly the main bar which is like an airport departure lounge.
2) Smoking is permitted in the bar; may please some people but not me!
3) The shuttle into the city doesn't run often enough and doesn't go to the Medina. It just has 1 drop-off stop which is in the "new" city so if you want to visit the Medina, souks, etc, you still have a 25 minute walk to get there. My tip for visiting the Northern part of the Medina is to walk directly from the hotel and go through the Bab El-Khemis.
Overall, a good hotel with good service, just not very romantic.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Riu Tikida Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Tikida Garden Hotel Marrakech
- Le Tikida Garden Marrakech
- Hotel Le Tikida Garden
- Tikida Garden Marrakech