“Couldn't ask for more” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Riu Tikida Garden

Save Saved
You added Hotel Riu Tikida Garden to your Saves list
Hotel Riu Tikida Garden
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Circuit de la Palmeraie - BP 1585, Marrakech 40007, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Special Offer
Ranked #179 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Newbury, United Kingdom
“Couldn't ask for more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Very short transfer time from airport, yet no noise heard to reflect this.Hotel was nice and clean, set in large well kept grounds. All staff are polite and very friendly right down to the maids. Varied food options of very good standard available in the restaurant both for breakfast and dinner, with the same in the pool bar for lunch- I defy anyone to go to bed hungry! Head chef is often present in his restaurant, which was nice to see, as were the managers frequently seen around and about. Didn't visit the Moroccan restaurant, but 2 friends we travelled with did and said it was fantastic!
Various sports facilities available. Shame the gym is only open afternoons when it is too hot.
Entertainment team were around but didn't pressurise you if you just wanted to relax.
Bars and lobby offer plenty of seating, could be more seating outside for evening use though. Beds were a bit hard, but I've slept in worse and certainly didn't feel the need to complain.
Jeema El Fna is great. The souks are a friendly and fun place to visit. Bartering is all part of the game and you really can't offend so stick to your guns when haggling!
I would definitely recommend this hotel and would happily stay there again on a return to Marrakech.

Room Tip: We were on 1st floor looking towards the opposite block and found this most suitable
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

1,444 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Polish first
blackburn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

After reading some of these reviews,I am left to wonder what do some people want. One person complained that their children were told no splashing but forgot to mention that they were 'bombing' into the edge of the pool deliberately soaking those on nearby sunbeds and his claim that they were put at the back of the dining room is a fabrication because people were told that they could sit anywhere for any meal. This hotel is built in 4 blocks, only 2 storey high and is in 7 acres of well kept lawns and play areas. There are 4 tennis courts,raked and watered every day, 2 french boules courts, volleyball court, badminton court, and mini crazy golf. My wife is a very choosy eater but she found there was always something she could eat. The director and his deputy were in attendance at every meal time and were two of the most visible I have ever seen in nearly 50 years travelling. The hotel is very clean even the passageways outside the rooms were mopped every morning before 7.30am. If Mr Lang thinks that £2,500 was expensive for two adults and three children he should try Blackpool where his money will not go as far especially with the wet summer most of us has experienced this year. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a west facing room. No sun in the morning but on your balcony from 3pm
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Bedfordshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on a recommendation and we were not disappointed. The service and friendliness of the staff makes this a very good place to stay and explore Marrakech. The room was clean and sheets changed daily and as we asked when booking for a "quiet" room at the rear we were quite satisfied. We ideally would have liked tea and coffee facilities in the room but understand that this is a feature not included in "all inclusive" at this hotel. The food in the restaurants was good but sometimes a not quite hot enough, but this can be a possible negative feature in all hotels with buffet service. Also there is no dress code in the restaurant for dinner so sometimes I felt it let itself down when shorts and t-shirts were allowed in the evening. Overall we had a pleasant stay and compliment the management on the standard of service we received at all times. The "animation" team do their best to encourage everyone to join in the activities and although we were reluctant to take part it all looked good fun! The bar service was good and the staff tried to serve cocktails, alcoholic and non alcoholic with enthusiasm, but sometimes the drinks were a little bland. It is important to explore the city of Marrakech including a visit to Djemma El Fna square in the evening. Nothing compares to the enjoyable chaos! Altogether a great holiday if a trip to the coast is included for one day. We went to Essaouira and thoroughly recommend it. In conclusion I feel Marrakech is a place we have now visited and enjoyed but would have liked more as there is not much to do after dinner except drink!!

Stoneleigh,Warwickshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Me and my husband visited the hotel for his 30th birthday, we stayed a week and it was honestly like being in paradise. The temperature was around 40 on most days which would be unbearable in England but with being a dry heat it was so relaxing and enjoyable.
The staff were great and always willing to help, we found the food great, lots of choice and specialty Italian and Moroccan restaurants that you can book in top to give you a more private dining choice than the larger eatery.
The pool was a little cold but very refreshing with the temperature being hot!
The entertainment crew where fun and lively throughout the day but they didn't bug you if you were relaxing and area around the pool was very relaxing. We didn't go to any of the evening shows so I comment on what they were like.
They have a fantastic shuttle bus that runs often into Marrakesh whihc is the most vibrant and interesting place i have ever been in my life, the memories will stay with me forever!
In terms of excursions we went camel riding, Atlas mountains tour and YSL gardens whihc were all amazing but even walking around the town is an experience you will never forget.
Practically when you are in the town shoulders and knees should be covered but we saw some people not going by these cultural recommendations. Watch out for people trying to take your money to give you are tour of the souks - you don't need a guide, the sellers are friendly and you will find you way round! Everybody expects you to barter so don't worry about going in with low prices but so work out the exchange and what you are actually willing to spend on items!
One worry I had was regarding currency - it is so easier to change at the airport once you arrive and also there is the option to change money at the hotel reception whihc is so helpful!
In summary - Great hotel, great destination, i would return in a heartbeat!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We booked this hotel simply to have a 'chill' week. On arrival we were greeted with a welcome drink and a big welcome from the hotel Receptionists. From the start to the finish of our stay the people at the front desk were really lovely and helpful. I e mailed in advance to ask for a room in the 400 block. Although I didn't receive a reply I did get a room that I asked for. The rooms were spacious and very clean. There was a fridge in the room but nothing in it. Water was available freely but you had to ask for it at Reception. Not sure why the maid didn't put a bottle of water in the fridge each day. The food was lovely throughout and there was good choice. We ate in the Morroccan restaurant once and was a little let down by the lamb tagine. Not enough herbs and spice. I don't think I have ever had rose wine at an A1 hotel before. I must say it was really nice. I didn't try the red but lot of people were drinking it so that must have been nice too. The gin and vodka were not international brands so abit on the weak side.

We expected the sunbed situation, however it was not a problem for us as we are up early each day. We did encounter other couples arguing over their sunbeds and this was brought about because of the silly comments the rep had said. Ahmed advised at the welcome meeting that if sunbeds hadn't been used for an hour - or 'as we say in Morocco - 15 minutes', then it is fine to move the belonings and take the sunbed. Now I was shocked that he made such comment - whether or not in humour I am not sure, but one young couple took it literally and ended up having a row with other guests at the poolside. Not very professional of the rep. They are aware of the sunbed shortage so I don't know why they aren't doiing anything about it.

We used the Spa for a pedicure which was £15 for 30 minutes including polish and not worth it at all. The girl who did the pedicure advised that I should give her the tip money in her hand rather than put in the box on the front desk. Needless to say I didn't! With regard to tipping - the Rep never mentioned anything about tipping rights or wrongs, and no where in the hotel with exception to the bell boys did I see any tipping or anyone expected any tipping.

All staff in the bars and restaurants were really friendly. We felt that the Zanzibar was dark and dingy and with the organ player and same singer every night it felt like a working mens club. Downstairs was the show bar. The shows weren't great except the African night. Most nights we sat in the lobby. As one other review states the evenings were a little boring. We didn't want to sit in the stuffy atmosphere of the Zanzibar. There should have been some entertainment in the lobby - maybe piano playing or moroccan music. Also there was a large outside space that had tables and chairs but was not utilised. It would have been nice to see local bands on here, or traders selling their goods as you find in many all inclusive hotels.

All round this is a good hotel, clean, good food and friendly staff, and I would come back to stay again.

Room Tip: Block 400 - quieter newer rooms.
Stockport UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Just got back from a 4 night stay (13/09/12 - 17/09/12) with my 2 friends. Loved every minute.
Room was basic but spotless and cleaned every day, we were in 263 and make sure you keep the curtains shut otherwise you will be woken by the pigeons chirping in the trees. We did hear the prayers but by the second morning we got used to it and just rolled over and went back to sleep. On the last day we checked out at 11 am and the bus wasnt due till 5:40pm so you can put ur cases in the lock up, you can get them out when needed and we booked a slot in a room for 30 mins so we could all get a shower and get changed, it was free but like i say it was only 30 mins so if you have kids it might be worth seeing how much it is for a later checkout.
Food is fantastic with good choice. Yes as people have said it does get repetative. There will always be pasta, pizza and chips at every lunch and dinner, but there was always a couple of different main meals. We had steak one night, prawns another, theres always a couple of morroccon dishes. During the day there was burgers one day, meatballs another, chicken etc.
I can be a bit fussy with food but I really couldnt complain, they were constantly wiping down surfaces, and somebody was always walking around checking everything was ok, you can see everything being cooked freshly.
I have seen some people complaining about the breakfast but I cant see why!. theres pastries toast, cereal, fruits, yoghurt and even doughnuts and eggy bread,. They even have 2 different types of fried and boiled egg depending on if u like them runny or not. I had an omlette made to order which was delicious and there is morrocon corner that had pancakes or different morrocon breads/pancakes. Dont expect bacon obviously as its a muslim country (though one person did complain and was promptly told to shut up by another english guest lol).
Make sure you book to go in the morrocon restaurant, I had the chicken tagine which was beautiful.
Drinks were brill, the coco loco became our drink of choice :)
Staff everywhere were really friendly and helpful. and they would have a laugh with us but it was never sleazy. The entertainment staff are amazing so hard working, though be warned the lounge singer/keyboard player are awful in the Zanzibar lounge. We never stayed long when they kicked in. We went downstairs every night except one night when it was Karaoke. Look its not a west end show but they really try and we always had a laugh and enjoyed it. Again it was cheeky sometimes but never sleazy and considering they have a wide age span to cater for and 2 different languages (most guests are either french or english) they were amazing. Please give them a chance they are there from dawn til dusk.
I want to go back with my kids next year as i could see how great they all were with the small kids that were there.
Pool is FREEZING and I can imagine its gets packed during school holidays.
We 3 had an amazing body scrub and massage at the spa for about £50 for 1 1/2 hrs. But be warned you may need to be naked!!, I had my bikini bottoms on for the whole thing, but for some reason both my friends were told to completely strip!. They said they soon got over it and we all fell asleep at some point as it was sooo relaxing.
We didnt go on any excursions as we were only there for a short time but we did take the free bus to the souks. It is easily 30 mins walk to them so get a taxi if needed.
Also please be aware that people will say they work at the hotel (they all know what hotel the bus is from) we even were approached by someone wearing a shirt similar to the restaurant staff. just say no thankyou and keep walking.
The souks are amazing, its just common sense. I saw plenty of women in shorts and vests or short dresses, though I was glad I wore a long skirt just because I feel its more respectful.
Also i would advise wearing shades as its easier to window shop without having to deal with the vendor. Also only touch something if u are actually interested in it otherwise it starts the haggling.
Dont be afraid to haggle remember u r not in England, they expect it and I think they actually enjoy it, I got right into it!!!. We were three women on our own and we felt perfectly safe and if you just say no thankyou they will not pressure you.
I never go back to a place twice but I am definately coming back here

Room Tip: Rooms in the 200's had the trees at the back so alot of noise from birds, but curtains seemed to...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
cheshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Stayed at Tikida Gardens for a week. We were upgraded to a superior room without asking!!!! apparently rooms in Block 4 are the best and quiet. Staff are fantastic very friendly and helpful, beautiful gardens, plenty of sunbeds. Downside of Hotel is rubbish entertainment at night though they try their best and the location of Hotel nothing is within walking distance. Yet we would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room beginning with number 4
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Riu Tikida Garden? Share your experiences!