“beautiful hotel in a beautiful city” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Arabe

Save Saved
You added La Maison Arabe to your Saves list
La Maison Arabe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Derb Assehbe | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$ 150 off your bill
Ranked #9 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
New York City, New York
“beautiful hotel in a beautiful city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2010

I have stayed twice at La Maison Arabe and enjoyed it immensely both times. It's a small hotel with the kind of personal service one could find at one of the many riads in twon, but with more amenities and privacy. The staff is perfectly mannered, helpful, and friendly. The rooms are tastefully decorated and clean. The food at the restaurants is, I might hazard to guess, among the best in the country. A beautiful pool set among palm trees just outside of town is an Eden-like experience. During my last trip, they were close to opening an expansion and I hope to try out one of the new rooms, the pool, and the pool-side restaurant very soon. The staff can exchange money, hire a guide for you, and suggest day trips. A must is the lovely spa. You will want to go more than once! It is easily accessible both by car and by foot. I can't recommend this enough!

• Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple

960 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

A quiet charming alleyway lined with potted trees make this hideaway a special retreat from the madness of the streets. Beautiful rooms and a spa not to be missed. The restaurant by the pool is amazing. We loved it so much that we ate there several nights! My best meals in Morocco were at this place! When you've had enough touring and shopping, take the complimentary shuttle to the pool resort, they have food and beverage service there that you can charge to your room. Quiet and peaceful to regroup. Be warned that if you have sensitive skin, the scrub down in the hamman may be too intense for you, but if you're ok with it, it's a great experience followed by a full massage--heaven......wish I was there now.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2010

I stayed one week at La Maison Arabe with my wife and one other couple. This is the PERFECT hotel--we tried both the "old wing" as well as new rooms and both were perfect. Very comfortable with all the modern conveniences but with tons of old world charm. The food is first rate and served in beautiful surroundings. The staff could not be more hospitable-one evening they walked us across town to try a restaurant that we would have had troubles finding on our own. The Hammam is a must.
All in all, one of our favorite hotels in the world

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Staying at this beautiful hotel in the medina of Marrakech was one of the highlights of our recent trip to Morocco. La Maison Arabe is the perfect size, not too small, not too big; we felt like we were staying at a private club and were treated like royalty throughout our 4 days here. The service was excellent, comparable to what we experienced years ago at certain hotels in Asia. The front desk staff was particularly helpful; nothing seemed to be a problem for them and everything was done efficiently and with a smile. The hotel is full of intimate and private spaces, each a bit different, but all beautifully decorated, and they all flowed seamlessly from one to another. Every day I would discover something new. What a feast for the eyes! The biggest surprise for us was the hotel’s country annex, which is just outside the city (the front desk arranges your transportation there). There is a second large swimming pool here set in beautifully landscaped gardens. After 3 days of non-stop sightseeing and too much shopping (we had to pay excess weight on my luggage!) this was the perfect place to just unwind before our trip home. Our next trip to Morocco will be to explore the southern region beyond the Atlas Mountains (we just didn’t have enough time on this trip) and we will certainly begin and end that vacation in Marrakech at this enchanting hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2010

I was worried that his riad may be tired as it existed and was popular 10 years ago when I was in Morocco on my honeymoon. I researched, asked questions, read reviews, interrogated travel agents and, ultimately, decided to stay here for a few nights in Marrakech because the answers were really all positive and the rate for the large suite we needed (with 2 young children) was a bit better than others I considered. Unfortunately, I was right to be suspicious. It is a "tired" hotel with a somewhat shabby lobby and worn carpets, etc. Paying around $800 a night, I expected more. I guess you just don't get much these days. Additionally, the service and food at breakfast (which is included in most Moroccan hotels) was the worst we experienced in the country. It was so bad we thought about where else to run to to feed our kids in the morning just to avoid the experience, even though we had already paid for it. It was a real bummer as I spent countless hours choosing our hotels. This was my biggest disappointment. Sorry Maison Arabe but it's true.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
SantaFe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2010

I am an architect and I stayed at this riad for a week towards the end of January- It is in my top ten list of favorite hotels of anywhere in the world-
The decor, the ambience, the service- I can not say enough good things about this Riad- I am going back to Marrakech and I have to stay here again- I took many cooking classes which I highly recommend -Aziza and Mohammed made the cooking classes really fun and I learned a lot in a short amount of time-
All the staff were kind, gracious, helpful with any detail-
The hammam was beautiful and the experience out of this world-
I have recommended this hotel to all my friends.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

I spent a lot of time on this website and burying myself in several guide books before our trip. There seem to be so many wonderful hotels in Marrakech; I had a very hard time choosing where to stay. We finally chose La Maison Arabe, which had been unanimously recommended by my guide books . I must say that La Maison Arabe lived up to their glowing descriptions. The decor and service is elegant, understated and chic. From the doors to the artwork to the gorgeous teardrop shaped lanterns to the rugs – everything seems to have been chosen with incredible taste and sense of harmony. I worked for many years in the design business and was very impressed.
Marrakech is an amazing city and should not be missed. You can easily include it on a trip to Spain as we did. The flight was only 1 ½ hours.
Back to this hotel, the service and cuisine at La Maison Arabe was far superior to what we have experienced at many “5 star” establishments, both on this trip and others. I enthusiastically recommend this place.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to La Maison Arabe? Share your experiences!