“Outstanding. Just perfect.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Arabe

Save Saved
You added La Maison Arabe to your Saves list
La Maison Arabe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Derb Assehbe | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$ 150 off your bill
Ranked #8 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
New York
“Outstanding. Just perfect.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2009

This hotel is out-of-this world. It is located in the medina (old part) of Marrakech and very close to the Jema el Fna square. When we arrived we thought our driver had made a mistake as there is no grand entrance etc, but once you walk through the doors and start exploring the hotel – WOW. I have rarely seen such attention to detail, both in the decoration and in the service. The staff is very friendly and attentive without being overbearing. We just couldn’t believe it as the service in all the other hotels we had stayed in throughout Morocco left a lot to be desired and we thought this was just the norm for the country. We stayed in the “Noor” suite which was a jewel…it had 2 private terraces and a gorgeous bathroom done in exquisite Moroccan tiles. The medina of Marrakech can be somewhat hectic and crazy – so it was always a pleasure returning to the beautiful oasis which is this hotel. The hotel spa is incredible; we did a hammam (steam bath) followed by one of the best massages I have had in a long time. Breakfast here was the best we had in all Morocco. What wasn’t clear to us when planning our trip is that the hotel has two swimming pools – one at the hotel and another spectacular one set in a large garden property outside the city which we unfortunately left for our last day. We will highly recommend this hotel to any friends who are planning on coming to Marrakech.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

961 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2009

Not much I can add to previous reviews, very well organised and Prof Mohammed (a trip advisor local expert) was rea\lly knowledgeable about food and indeed Morroco. We paid 500DH each,which given it included the excellent lunch we were instructed how to prepare, and an hour or so lounging by the lovely country club pool and transport was very fair value.for the half day. I did'nt stay at the hotel which looked pleasant and the Spanish people we went in the transport to the club rated highly enough to return 3 years in a row. I preferred the decor of our more central and much cheaper Riad , but I guess more European charms may suit some better, certainly the rooms will have been light as they mostly overlooked the pool. The staff throughout were helpful and pleasant.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2009

I booked this hotel over the internet, planning to spend a total of three days in Marrakech. However, before my arrival, when I was still in Tangier and three days out, I became ill and needed to leave Morocco for home. I called the hotel to tell them I was canceling and was told that because of the late date of notification I would have to pay for one night. This seemed reasonable, though November in Morocco is low season and everywhere I went there was availability. Regardless of my attempt at courtesy, this hotel charged me for three nights citing their "policy" of nonrefundability seven day prior to arrival. I guess I understand this policy from a short-term business perspective. (If I have your money, it doesn't matter if I provide a service.) Maybe this is the way business is done in Morocco, but I find their crassness intolerable and will not be coming back to be ripped off again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

i stayed there with my partner for 3 nights ,
very friendly staff and nice decor rooms .
we stayed in room had private terrace it was lovely ..
hotel have 2 private restaurants in Hotel and food is very nice but bit pricey payed about 1200 DH ( £100 ) for two person .
also if you like to have airport transfer you should know they going to ask you about 200 DH ( £ 18-19 ) but we payed to taxi on way back only 80 DH ( £ 7) and i m sure taxi driver asked more than normal but it was still cheaper than hotel .
also Hotel have Country Club about 15 min. way from hotel free transfer to there and i think really very nice place . very relax and nice .
hope going to help you .

Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

I just spent four nights at La Maison Arabe and had a truly wonderful experience. The hotel is situated in the heart of the Medina, minutes from the central square, mosque and souks. I travel a lot for work, mostly staying at Four Seasons, Mandarin Oriental and Ritz Carlton's, and would MOST definitely recommend La Maison Arabe over any of the five star chains that are situated right outside of the Medina. You do truly get the five star experience as well as the added bonus of being right in the city.

The hotel grounds are immaculate and the staff make you feel at home immediately. The housekeepers are fantastic; they must have come in three times a day to meticulously clean our suite. Breakfast and tea everyday were superb; including the homemade yogurt which I yearn for every morning. The galettes are an added bonus. We did an afternoon cooking class which was definitely a highlight of the trip. Mohammed, the instructor, couldn't have been nicer. The braised lamb tagine with candied figs and walnuts was extraordinary, as was the warm eggplant salad that we made to accompany it! The Spa is also very worthwhile. I had the "Royal Hammam" package that was unreal...my skin is still glistening.

I would recommend La Maison Arabe to anybody who is a looking for a unique (and top notch) Marrakechi experience.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2009

Superb setting, amazing facilities and great teachers.
Mohammerd was so helpful and made the lesson so personal to answer all of our individual questions from the best spice shops to visit right down to cultural history.
He has been a great source of recipes to put our new tagine pot to the test top on our return too!
We loved the tomato rose, we are arty after all!!
Thank you to all those involved in the organisation of the day.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

My friends and I signed up for this Moroccan cookery class and loved it. We were driven to La Maison Arabe's beautiful country club where we had the place to ourselves. Our instructor Mohammed was excellent and easy to follow. - he even provided us with additional recipes after we'd returned from our trip. I would definitely recommend this activity to any visitor to Marrakesh.

Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends

Been to La Maison Arabe? Share your experiences!