As a travel writer, I've stayed in some great places, but this one -- for so many reasons -- is my favorite. The service is friendly and generous. The hotel is full of amazing, eclectic art and has wonderful nooks and crannies to sit in with a good book. The pool in the new addition is beautiful (it's rare to have a property in the medina with a decent size pool), but don't let that you dissuade you from taking a free shuttle out to the hotel's "country club." The country club has nothing to do with golf, but rather is a country oasis, with some of the most amazing gardens ever (rosemary hedges) and a lovely pool area and casbah.
Located on the edge of the medina, shopping is convenient, but the overall area isn't noisy.
Their chicken pastillas are the best ever and even non-cooks can appreciate one of their cooking workshops.
I hope I get to return some day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and Splendia so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech