“Fabulous!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Arabe

You added La Maison Arabe to your Saves list
La Maison Arabe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Derb Assehbe | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$ 150 off, and more...
Ranked #6 of 481 Hotels in Marrakech
Portsmouth
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We have just returned from 5 days at this Riad- style hotel. It exceeded our expectations in every way! The bar, courtyard, restaurant and pool area are beautiful. The staff could not have done more for us; they were exceptionally helpful without being intrusive. The location is perfect - all the main sights are within a reasonable walking distance, although taxis are readily available and cheap if preferred. The country club is an absolute bonus; a shuttle bus makes the 15 minute journey every hour to the beautiful gardens where the other pool is. Would recommend this hotel without any hesitation. Fabulous in every way.

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This hotel was our paradise in Marrakesh. Everything from the helpful staff to our luxurious rooms, to their pool and garden was perfect and made our trip an amazing one. First, I want to say that the staff were ALL extremely friendly and patient and I can attest that my husband and I were a bit of a pain! We had endless questions and requests and I was pleasantly surprised to be treated with patience, warmth and smiles! They went out of their way to please us and it really was appreciated. With that said, to the entire staff at the hotel, Thank you, truly and deeply! The rooms were large, clean and beautiful, the free breakfast was 5 stars, the pool at the hotel was nice but, they also have another one where you can go with free shuttle buses offered from the hotel that was gorgeous! We did the cooking class which was well worth it if you love food and enjoy cooking. There wasn't a detail out of place. This hotel will always be special to us and we are so glad we went. You won’t be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2015, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

My husband and I went to Marrakech for our anniversary. We could not have asked for a more luxurious room or better and kinder service than we found at La Maison Arabe! The restaurant was gorgeous with delicious food and wine, the jazz bar was a joy to visit, and the entire experience was a once-in-a-lifetime pleasure! I cannot recommend this hotel too highly!

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a great time at LMA. Staff were always welcoming and very accommodating. The hotel is full of old world charm along with modern age luxuries. The hammam/spa was an out this world experience, i highly recommend doing an appointment after a long hard days walk around the medina and sightseeing. Another thing which was wonderful was the breakfast, one of the most complete and delicious breakfast served in the most beautiful setting in the courtyard by the poll.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a very special stay in this hotel - a perfect sanctuary in a chaotic city.

Staff were wonderful, building beautiful, breakfast delicious but what made it was this additional touches: fresh flowers in the room (replenished every other day), slippers and a dressing gown, your own wifi network in your room.... This list goes on.

Don't hesitate to book - it was fantastic.

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After some travelling around western Morocco we decided to spend two nights in La Maison Arabe. To qualify the above title of this review, it is probably worth contextualising that I have, through my occupation, had the chance to regularly stay in some of the best hotels on all continents. I would say that the Maison is possibly my favourite of them all. My barometer requires cultural character, great food and above all else, personal service, and this ticks the box on all fronts. The staff are respectful, knowledgable and attentive. They love their hotel and their employer and this resonates through the work they do. From Rashid, the expert cocktail supremo, through to the restaurant manager, cleaners and hammam, this place is a gem. The food is the best I have tasted in Morocco. Like many others have already said... If I could go back and lower my opinion of other hotels just to create the division this hotel deserves, then I would. Let's just call it 5**. Oh, and do a cookery course with them ... It's incredible. The highlight of our trip.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I traveled to Marrakech for a summer adventure with my boyfriend. From the moment we arrived we were impressed by the authenticity of the decor and the friendliness of the decor. Before we arrived we booked a taxi with the hotel and our driver, Abdel, met us promptly with a smile and made sure we knew that we were welcome in Marrakesh.
When we got to the hotel our bags were brought inside and they asked for our passports so that they could check us in while we enjoyed a refreshment in the Jazz bar. When we were finished with our drink one of the receptionists gave us a tour of the hotel, giving us background on the hotels history before ushering us to our room where our bags had already been placed. They offered us a personalized welcome letter along with a bottle of local wine in the room, which was a delicious Shiraz :)
Our first night we stayed at the hotel and ate at the restaurant, having no idea how much we would end up craving it for the rest of our trip! I ordered the beef tajine with caramelized onions an tomatoes....AMAZING! The beef just fell apart and the sauce paired with the onions was so sweet and better than anything I could've expected. The ambiance of the restaurant only made the dining experience better; Two men playing guitar across the pool, candles lighting the area, and servers that were prompt but never overbearing.
We went to the country club the next morning on one of the free hourly shuttles and we were blown away by the service offered by Mohammed. When we first arrived we were given a tour of the huge gardens and shown the rest of the property. The star of this club is of course the pool. A large infinity pool surrounded by four over-sized cabanas and plenty of tanning loungers and umbrellas. A table sat on the side with extra towels and cute straw hats that guests could use throughout the day. Mohammed would bring our towels to where we decided to sit, brought a complimentary drink upon arrival, gave us a menu with the WIFI code on it, and made himself available throughout the whole day. At the end of the day when we were about to leave he would bring us sliced watermelon and a cold towel for our faces along with the bill. All of this EVERYDAY, and without ever having to ask. Mohammed has mastered the art of anticipating and satisfying guest needs, some of which we didn't even realized we wanted until they were presented.
Our first room, 248, was an upgraded suite (which we were automatically upgraded to due to low season) had a view of the pool and restaurant, a large enough bedroom and wonderful bathroom en-suite. We ended up having to move rooms halfway through the stay because a large storm blew through Marrakesh( which is rare and we saw damage to numerous houses) and a portion of our bathroom was flooded a bit and you could see some water in the walls. Nothing of ours was damaged but I wanted them to be aware of what had happened so I called the front desk and they immediately came up and assessed the damage. They upgraded us again and moved us to a room 213, all I can say is Wow. A huge porch that looked down into the courtyard, a large bathtub with marble on the floors and all of the walls. They even offered us to have a free meal from the restaurant, but we declined, a little embarrassed that such a little issue had turned into such a great thing for us. Nonetheless, after we were settled in our room, Rachid brought us a glass of champagne each and confirmed that we were happy with the room.
Rachid is another employee that I must mention in my review, he was such a pleasure! He taught us some Arabic phrases, brought us refreshments up to our room just because he saw us coming back from the pool and looked like we needed a drink, stayed open late so that we could wind down in the jazz bar after a crazy day in the city, and was just an overall great addition to our stay.
The location of this hotel is perfect. Its right in the Medina and in walking distance of everything! The souks, jemma al fna, Khoutoubia mosque, and all other neighborhoods are a short distance as long as you can find your way. NOTE: If you get frustrated or uncomfortable at the souks (people are very aggressive when it comes to wanting you to buy something) we found a place only a 5 minute walk from the hotel called the Artisinal Ensemble with fixed prices and much more calm atmosphere. Yes, prices are a little higher, but your paying for the convenience and serenity, that's what mattered most for us.
Our last day we had a late flight and asked if we were still allowed to use the pool before returning to take the hotel provided taxi to the airport, and the one upped our request!. For the whole we were given the privilege of using the huge pool house with rooftop spa, and the most beautiful decorations I have ever seen! We tanned, ate lunch, and showered in the insanely beautiful bathroom before we had to leave for the airport. It was THE BEST way to end a vacation that we will never forget. When we ever return to Marrakesh we have no doubts that we will stay at this wonderful hotel, I cant think of one thing I could possibly criticize. Any of my friends that will be going to Marrakesh will have my highest recommendations, which goes a long way considering I am currently finishing my degree in hospitality management and have worked in hotels for years. Book here and you'll understand why everyone raves about this place!