We stayed here four nights, eating at the Jazz bar and also the Morroccan restaurant, as well as the complimentary breakfasts and afternoon teas. We took the complimentary shuttle to the country club, and my wife had a massage in the hammam.
Everything was pretty faultless. The food in particular was superb -- I'd be surprised if you could get better in Marrakech. Nice that you can get this quality of accommodation and food inside the medina. When you step out of the hotel entrance you are right in the thick of the rabbit warren of alleys that lead to the souks, though it's only a short walk to the nearest taxi-friendly road. Maybe a little less authentic than some of the central riads, but it's nice to have a pool you can swim in.
Hard to complain about the country club, as it was free. Pool large and chlorine-free but unheated so for serious swimmers only (probably warmer in high summer). I think it is rather stretching things to describe it as a country club; more a garden with a pool.
My wife tells me the hammam was excellent -- peaceful atmosphere and great massage.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Splendia, Despegar.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech