This is such a wonderful treat I don't know where to start...
As soon as you walk into this riad you are welcomed with beautiful smells , smiles and a refreshing drink. You are given a guided tour of this maze . We had a suite in the old part of the building , highly recommended to request the old
Part as they are full of character . Beds comfortable , lovely bathroom products to use , fluffy towels , dressing gowns
And slippers . Every member of staff goes out of their way to treat you like royalty . The breakfast in gorgeous , I highly recommend the yoghurt and omelettes . The setting for the breakfast is stunning , outside by the pool or you can choose to have breakfast in your room. The evening meals are beautiful for traditional Moroccan food . Expect to spend around £15 per person on a main meal and a bottle of house red is around £15.00 .
We did the cookery class from the hotel . Really good fun and you eat the meal at the end of it . Not cheap , however worth it .
The location is great , 10 minutes from the main square .
We just got money out from the cashpoint which is around the corner from the hotel.
We took the offer of the hotel collection which is 200 dirham. You can haggle and get to the hotel for 100 with a local taxi however, I did not want the hassle after a flight.
Not great hotel for those who have walking problems due to the amount of steps.
Because it is so quiet and special also not a great place for young children as they would ruin the romantic atmosphere !
Bring a torch for the walk back to the hotel if you go out for late walks .
If you get lost in Marrakech just just in a taxi to the hotel and say you are paying no more than 20
Bring a jacket for the evenings as it gets very cold .... Although the stay surround you with patio heaters and blankets If you choose to sit outside .
Winston Churchill used to dine hear .
A truly wonderful experience .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech