“fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Arabe

Save Saved
You added La Maison Arabe to your Saves list
La Maison Arabe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Derb Assehbe | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$ 150 off your bill
Ranked #7 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Hong Kong Region, China
“fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Myself and my Husband stayed in the Riad for a few days towards the end of our Honeymoon.
We had a fantastic stay, we found all staff especially reception and bar staff to be extremely helpful and friendly.

Lovely room that wasn't too noisy considering we were in the heart of the Marrakech but my favourites had to be the traditional Morrocan Spa and their Country club which had a pool and we could sit and relax.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Korean first
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Total luxury - we had a wonderful stay here. The food was brilliant, really great, and the staff were very friendly and attentive. Our room was great, but after a couple of nights the air conditioning was leaking, so they moved us to another room, this one with a balcony and TWO SINKS (I was particularly taken with the TWO SINKS!) - rather a win, really! The hotel pool is rather oddly located, basically in the middle of the restaurant, but they also have the most fabulous country club to which they run a shuttle service throughout the day. We spent the whole day there on our second day in Marrakech, and I can honestly say I have never felt so pampered and special. Welcome drinks on arrival, hats and towels provided and those enormous daybed things under their own canopies, a beautiful pool at exactly the right temperature, great lunchtime menu, cold towels given out at the end of the day... this is the life!

We would thoroughly recommend La Maison Arabe.

Room Tip: We loved our balcony room overlooking the restaurant courtyard and pool
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

La Maison Arabe is an exceptional expérience of Marrakesh and Morocco. We stayed three nights and were reticent to leave the delightful, strike that - truly sublime environment. When we arrived by taxi from the airport we found an unassuming entrance but as soon as we entered La Maison we knew we were some place special. We were immediately greeted by reception and effortlessly checked in and into an upgraded suite by a smiling and gracious host. He escorted us to a beautifully appointed suite with a private balcony overlooking the pool and interior courtyard then invited us for a tour of the property and a unique and refreshing beverage. As the other reviews have stated this is a first class, though relaxed and unassuming, hotel. The staff was truly exceptional, from the knowledgable front desk to the young woman who greeted us at the restaurant morning and evening to the attentive and professional restaurant staff. Part of the whole Maison Arabe experience was the personal attention from Rashid, a natural host in the setting. He took time to introduce us to not only his exceptional and exotic drinks but to unique features of the property itself. The restaurant lived up to its reputation and beyond - we have traveled extensively and enjoyed great meals - this one is at the top of our list of all time best. There is a true reverence for the culinary arts felt with each meal. The front desk staff booked us with an excellent guide for the souk who not only helped us navigate the souk and shopping in Marrakesh but made a point of sharing relevant and insightful cultural details unique to Marrakesh, the city and the people. His name is Achmed and we highly recommend him as a guide in Marrakesh.

Room Tip: We enjoyed being in the original part of the property as opposed to the newer
Bologna, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After staying at a terrible hotel just a five-minute walk away, we booked this riad for three nights and ended up staying nine or 10! This place has the most accommodating staff I've ever experienced at a hotel. They offered to upgrade us and even move all our things, gave me a tangine and cookbook before we checked out and never missed a chance to ask if everything was to our liking. They pepper you with mint tea and cookies, their own trademark drink, watermelon...without charge! While there's a beautiful pool at the hotel location, be sure to take advantage of the free shuttle to their stunning garden/pool on the edge of the city - it's spectacular. The hotel restaurant is acclaimed and great, as were breakfasts that included everything from crepes to a chicken in a bechamel sauce - very filling. This place is sublime...we nearly spent our entire trip here. Internet works well and is free in rooms. Location is excellent - close to the market and other sights; taxis are nearby. I cannot say enough about this place - you will not be disappointed. When we asked for a pharmacy to buy toothpaste, they gave us enough to last the remaining three weeks of our trip. Cannot say enough - just fantastic!

Room Tip: All rooms are different. We stayed in lowest tier and were delighted with everything. You probably c...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

a lovely hotel and a brilliant staff made it an absolute pleasure to stay there for a couple of night. location was perfect. and the hotel's restaurant is among the best in morocco. and there is also a pleasant piano bar. terrific mojitos.

New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Where do I start to talk about how much I love this place? It has to be the people. Everyone I encountered at La Maison Arabe was fantastic. Upon my arrival the airline lost the carry-on I didn't want to check in the first place (but that's a different review!). I arrived at La Maison Arabe with only the clothes on my back and felt completely taken care of. In fact, for my four-night stay I felt as if I was in a home away from home.

I also must talk about the quality of the facility. Everything from the pool to the hammam to the room to the restaurant was of the highest quality, and every detail had been thought of.

The food and wine in the restaurant were excellent (I enjoyed both Moroccan and French fare, and both were fantastic.)

The services in the hammam were wonderful (thanks, Farid!).

Any question or need I had was patiently and accurately addressed. The riad even helped me arrange transportation to and from other Moroccan cities, as I was using Marrakech as my central location to explore other places.

I was a solo leisure traveler and felt completely comfortable, but I can see this would be a great place to stay as a couple, too. I also encountered several families and groups of friends traveling together, and the riad seemed to cater to everyone according to their needs.

And the location was perfect for exploring the Medina.

I truly hope to return. Frankly, I'd go back to Marrakech just to stay here! Hello and thanks to everyone at La Maison Arabe!

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms, one regular and one a suite. Both were on the second floor and fac...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Palo Alto, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We spent four days at this Riad/Hotel during our first trip to Morocco in August. I was concerned about how child friendly it would be. The hotel is quiet but it was lovely for our family. My son loved the pool at the riad and adored the pool at the country club. The food was terrific at breakfast -- the Moroccan crepes were amazing and the lady who make them was wonderful. The decor is super. My teenage daughter and I went to the hammam, which was also excellent. Overall, I have only rave for Maison Arabe and plan to stay there again if I am lucky enough to get to Marrakech again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to La Maison Arabe? Share your experiences!