“Just Lovely” 5 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Arabe

You added La Maison Arabe to your Saves list
La Maison Arabe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Derb Assehbe | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #6 of 472 Hotels in Marrakech
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Just Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at the Maison Arabe in February this year with my partner for a Valentine's day break.
We had a suite on the first floor opposite the veranda overlooking the courtyard / dining area and the room was nice, large, clean and very airy; separated into 2 main parts with place to site and flat screen TV etc.

There was a good balcony. The room was air conditioned and the décor / fixtures in the room were all well maintained / clean / in good order.

The hotel itself is lovely - it isn't quite what you expect from the outside when you arrive.

The staff are excellent and attentive, all seemed to speak good English. Reception was always manned by at least 2 people and they were very helpful (to the point of giving us a mobile phone with the Hotel's number stored in it when we went exploring - in case we got lost).

The veranda is a good suntrap where you can sunbathe (or lie in the shade under an umbrella) and the waiters will pass by for you to order drinks.

The piano bar was very relaxed, drinks and snacks were all very good.

Breakfast was excellent as was the evening meal we had in the main dining room (we both had different tagines) and the local wines were also very good.

It isn't the cheapest place in Marrakech but I would say we got what we paid for.
our break was very relaxing and made more so by the hotel and the staff.

I would not hesitate to go again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Korean first
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

This was one of the most beautiful hotel I have ever stayed in while traveling abroad . I had the Royal suite and it was wonderful. The bar is georgous with a great bartender, smooth jazz playing on the piano and comfortable seating area. The restaurant is beautiful and the spa incredible .

Room Tip: Get the Royal Suite for a special occasion it is wonderful 3 floors and private rooftop jacuzzi and...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We stayed at La Maison Arabe for three nights in mid-June and enjoyed every minute of our time there. The property is a tastefully renovated riad which used to be a restaurant and has expanded over the years. La Maison is now a well-oiled machine, one of the best hotels we have ever had the luck to stay in. The staff strive for excellence: receptionists, waiters, cleaners chefs worked relentlessly and efficiently to promptly respond to all our requests and made our experience unforgettable. We were impressed by the attention to details, the decor and the peacefulness of La Maison which strongly contrasts with the world outside.The Breakfast buffet was beautifully presented and hard to fault together with the two restaurants and the complimentary Moroccan afternoon tea. Our room was spotless and tidied up twice a day. We also tried the room service which was fast and reliable.A special thank to Hicham and Adil for the impeccable service and their kindness. We hope to come back soon!
Stefano & Emilia

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Although I have stayed at this beautiful Riad more than 5 times, each time the hotel has expanded its amenities and service, but has lost none of the charm and personality that originally drew us here. This has been the favorite of every friend we have ever brought with us to this wonderful country--and it just gets better and better. Where to begin? First, although it had been five years since our last visit--the incredible bartender, Rachid, remembered us and greeted my family with delicious, fresh, and highly imaginative drinks while we filled out the paperwork by the stunning pool (the moment he saw me, he gave me a warm handshake and told me that he remembered I don't take my martinis with vermouth--he was right, I don't). Mourad, at reception, will go down in my memory as one of the most professional, patient, and knowledgeable front staff I have ever met at any hotel in the world. The piano bar is wonderful. The decor is incredible--and I would think any interior decorator in the world should wish to stay here just to be schooled in chic Moorish design. And the rooms are stunning and imaginative.
We took the cooking class at the state of the art kitchens at an area of the grounds called the country club (a short 5 minute drive from the hotel, replete with another swimming pool and lush exotic setting). It was incredible, and even though I lived in the country in the late 80's--I learned quite a bit from our fantastic teacher and dada. I would highly recommend this opportunity.
The restaurant is outstanding, and although it is not inexpensive, it is of the highest European standards in quality and safety--no one in my family has ever gotten sick--which is a huge consideration in this country. No one wants to get ill on vacation, and no one has while staying here. The breakfast was incredible, with all of the fare chilled when it needed to be chilled, and freshly prepared for those wishing hot food. I have dreamt of the homemade yogurt, and it always lives up to my best memories.
We have stayed at La Mamounia--and even though it is far more expensive--it is impersonal and Euro-dull, La Maison Arabe, for so many reasons, is always our favorite. The Chicago Tribune recently wrote that La Maison Arabe is one of the top 10 hotels in the world for service and overall experience. I could not agree more. I hope the hotel reads my review--truly, a love letter to a hotel which consistently enriches our life. Thank you so much.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Ghaffouli, General Manager at La Maison Arabe, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
We would like to thank you for your very kind words and continued loyalty to La Maison Arabe over so many years.
Your feedback has brought smiles to every face on our team.
We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again to La Maison Arabe, which we hope you consider your home in Marrakech.
Taoufik Ghaffouli
La Maison Arabe
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Great escape from the streets,chilled and relaxed hotel but very efficient staff the attention to detail was evident in all aspects of the hotel food decor and ambience
Staff and front desk very friendly nothing was a problem organised trips taxis
went everyday to the country club and swam which was amazing in 41dgs staff and food just as good here which great shuttle service
Would recommend and will go back

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
nn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Thoroughly enjoyable stay. Nothing was a problem for the staff - who were ever-present yet unobtrusive (this indicates good training I suspect). Local advice proved invaluable from Reception Desk, trips arranged, taxis, calesh arranged, bags carried etc. Country Club pool and gardens are a total escape (and large enough to allow peace and quiet) with staff who were quiet and professional. Room was tidied every time we went out (!) fresh towels seemed never ending, air-con switched on ready for our return. It was the finer details of service which indicate high level of professionalism of the staff. The decor and smells in the hotel are mesmerising - the hotel is cavernous and presented a dillema about where to sit each night (many many nooks and crannies, with comfortable chairs, were inviting). Health Spa is under ground and is the icing on the cake. Got free up-grade on our suite. Food was good but not cheap (bfast included in price). Never had bad food whilst in Morocco (ate in restaurants and at stalls in Djeema el fna). Booked cookery course and was lucky to be only booking for that day so got personal tuition. All of us had couple of visits to spa - a 'must-do'. The most important thing for me was the quietness of the hotel during the day -contrasting with the mania in the souks. Morocco rocks!

Room Tip: Stayed pool side. I wouldn't have minded either pool side or patio (an internal one with a hypn...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Bergamo, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

In June 2014 I spent a long week-end at La Maison Arabe together with my wife, celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary.
La Maison Arabe is a typical, but at the same time reinterpreted, riad, very charming and including a small swimming pool.
Front Desk personnel, in particular their Director, were really very kind and useful to us.
Restaurant is one of the best in Marrakech.
Their country club, 10 minutes outside Marrakech, connected through a free shuttle, is really very nice, and we suggest you spend some hours in the mid of the day, andh that you visit the town in the early morning, or the late afternoon.
Finally, value for money is really good

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to La Maison Arabe? Share your experiences!