We have just returned from a 5 night stay in this really lovely Riad. We stayed in a patio side suite (room 216) which had a delightful private patio overlooking the pool. The room was lovely, spacious and very well equipped, (it was up two flights of fairly steep stairs which may be a problem for some) There was a very spacious bathroom. Housekeeping was exceptional and the whole house was spotless, attention to the smallest detail was evident. There is a lovely pool (guide books and websites say there isn't one - I believe it was added recently) and a lovely shady sun deck for when the medina is a little too much! We were made very welcome when we arrived and were shown around the house, it is a bit of a warren as it is several houses made into one, so there are little stair cases and patios around the place.
Breakfast is lovely, taken by the pool there is a wide choice, including the lovely fruit and yogurt, cooked to order Moroccan crepes and eggs and lovely homemade bread, pastries and jams. Also it is served until 11am which is great if you like to lie in.
We ate in both restaurants and the food is good, especially if you are a tagine fan! The service is good, however one night the restaurant appeared to be overbooked and we had to wait a considerable time to be seated. The piano bar is lovely, comfortable and very good cocktails! Moroccan wine is very good and matches the food well - there was a good wine list
We took advantage of the country club which is delightful, lovely pool and beautiful gardens, a great place to chill and have a spot of lunch.
One of the highlights of our stay in Marrakech ( there were a few!) was our experience of the Hammam. We booked a the Hammam and massage package which was just a brilliant experience, really relaxing and highly professional service. we were so well looked after.
We didn't experience the cooking school - however we saw the participants coming and going and everyone appeared to be having a great time - there was lots of laughter and clapping - if we had longer we would have given it a go!
As our flight was late in the day, we were provided with a day room so we could relax completely - this was arranged willingly and efficiently and was very much appreciated. Also our exit cards were prepared for us so we didn't have to do it - one of the thoughtful things that make life a little easier
I would highly recommend and hope that you enjoy as much as we did!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech