We are just back from a truly lovely and relaxing vacation in Marrakech with our two boys ages 10 and 11. I was expecting something "adventurous" and maybe a bit overwhelming at times, but the trip was relaxed and wonderful from start to finish. We spent our first few days in the mountains before coming into the city to la Maison Arabe. We were met with exceptional service and friendliness. This hotel seems to have thought of everything. There are numerous quiet corners in which to relax, curl up with a book, or enjoy the sunshine. Our boys swam every day in the heated pool and we also went out to the "country club," a 15 minute drive from the hotel, one day to swim in that larger (unheated) pool. Our room for the first 2 nights was the Royal Suite and it was unbelievable, with a private roof deck with jacuzzi tub (!!) and huge luxurious spaces. The second two nights we were in 2 smaller rooms, also lovely, which shared a sunny outdoor courtyard.
The food at this hotel was fantastic - we ate twice at the "traditional" dining room and once in the other one. We didn't want to worry about food safety, esp with children, so we stuck to the hotel food. Our last day we did the cooking class which was terrific and fun.
I can't say enough about the quality of the service at this hotel. Staff were uniformly friendly and helpful, without being annoyingly overattentive. We all felt completely at home here.
The location of the hotel is also excellent - walking distance to the large market area as well as the Marjorin gardens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech