When intending to stay in Marrakech for the first time one can only rely upon advice from friends and information from the internet. One doesn't know if the facilities, the ambience, the service or the food would be better elsewhere but having stayed at La Maison Arabe in early march we can say that all were outstanding. The gamble paid off!
It is doubtful that any other hotel could match the welcome one receives and the courteous attention at all times from all the staff but one can say with some certainty that the hotel building itself and its interiors must be unmatched in Marrakech. Where a new hotel establishment may order fixtures, fittings, artefacts etc in bulk on a commercial basis, here, (as the history tells us) the aristocratic italian owner has had a hand in the selection of every item - and has done so with singular good taste and apparently with no expense spared. The combination of Moroccan artefacts and craftsmanship with Italian sensibilities and flair have created interiors of exceptional quality - for all guests to enjoy. If this is your interest it is a real treat.
One finds too that this visual feast is matched by one for the ears. Every evening one is entertained at dinner with lute, guitar and the tremulous voices of the players (not to mention the pianist in the Jazz bar!) - not travelling musicians but masters from the academy of music in Marrakech no less. It doesn't get more exclusive than that!
It is so difficult to orchestrate the proceedings of a hotel with such seemingly effortless efficiency but here it is done with great success. Here in the UK we have the television series "Faulty Towers" to remind one just how difficult that is! Well done to management and staff. We shall be back for more.
The Browns, UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech