Well what I can say on this one. My fiancée and I stayed at La Maison Arabe for 5 nights at the beginning of February. We had booked this particular Riad after reading all the fabulous reviews on TripAdvisor. From the detailed emails prior to our arrival to the filled out flight boarding cards at departure we could not fault the hotel or its staff. The entire experience was magical from start to finish.
The Riad is beautiful. Tucked away up a side street from a very central location, it is an oasis amongst the madness of the streets of Marrakech. It is precisely 10 minutes’ walk to the old town or 15 minutes to the new town. The decor is traditional Moroccan, beautiful lanterns everywhere, wooden panelled walls, stunning rugs, and central courtyards and oooh the smells of Jasmine and Sandalwood drifting through the corridors is sublime.
There is a Hamman on site which I would recommend to go visit. We had a joint massage for 1hr which was very reasonably priced. The staff will also arrange trips for you from reception. We took a half day tour which included the palace gardens, grounds of the Koutoubia Mosque and a trip around the Souks.
Their country club is fabulous. They have a complimentary shuttle bus every hour and the trip takes around 15minutes. There is a large pool, lots of sun lounges, towels, hats, a meditation Casbah and Pool Bar.
The staff at both the Riad and country club outnumber the guests - you are waited on hand and foot. They are all sooooo polite and most know your name.
We were very impressed with the food at La Maison Arabe. Breakfast was a delight every morning, fresh eggs, olives, dates, figs... homemade yogurts, pastries and jams...fresh pressed fruit and vegetable juices (beetroot, celery and mint, carrot). There is complimentary afternoon tea served daily which can be served anywhere in the hotel grounds...sweet mint tea and almond pastries! We ate at their traditional Moroccan restaurant on the first night we arrived which was lovely and there were some traditional instruments being played by local musicians. We also took a cooking class on one of the afternoons which was a lot of fun and we got to tuck in afterwards.
We got chatting to the hotel manager on the 3rd morning and whilst we were out he rang us on our mobile and asked if we would mind being upgraded to a suite! He found out we had just got engaged so on our last night we arrived back to the Riad (on a horse drawn carriage) to find our room covered in rose petals arranged into hearts and our bathroom candle lit and bathtub filled with bubbles. What an ending to an incredible few days. We will be back and recommend to everyone and anyone we meet! Thank you La Maison Arabe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Splendia so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech