Stayed here for a long weekend at the start of November and had a wonderful time.
On arrival, the hotel frontage isn't in any way ostentatious and is relatively small and unassuming. It's only when you enter the building that you realise how wonderful the hotel is.
The hotel has its own swimming pool, 3 restaurants and a number of rooms; which are spread across 2 floors.
We stayed in one of the junior suites and it was a spacious room with all of the things you'd expect such as minibar and air con Etc.
We ate in their Moroccan restaurant on our first night and the food was really good. Breakfasts are buffet style and are again really good.
Didn't get to try the pool sadly as it was 10 degrees outside and was very cold!
The hotel is also well situated in the medina and we got a guide from the hotel to walk us round the labyrinth of souks and to also show us the historic buildings. (Half a days worth of tour cost about £25 and it was well worth the money)
We ate at Le Foundouk one evening and the food there was a delight. Would really recommend this as part of your stay. The hotel sorted out the booking for us.
All in all, this was a great first time trip to Marrakech and it was made even better by and excellent hotel with super friendly staff!
I'd have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This legendary and prestigious hotel boasts 26 exquisitely decorated rooms and suites, 2 restaurants, a new spa, and a choice of 2 large swimming pools (on-site in the medina or at the hotel's country annex, 15 minutes away by complimentary shuttle). The hotel's world-famous Moroccan cooking workshops have become a "must-do" activity in Marrakech. Frommer's describes La Maison Arabe as "the epitome of Moroccan elegance." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Splendia, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your La Maison Arabe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Maison Arabe Marrakech
- La Maison Arabe Hotel Marrakech