“cooking class” 4 of 5 stars
Review of La Maison Arabe

You added La Maison Arabe to your Saves list
La Maison Arabe
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Derb Assehbe | Bab Doukkala, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Hotel packages
Offers & Announcements
$ 150 off your bill
Ranked #7 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
Miami, Florida
“cooking class”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

II was with my husband, in marrakech, how I love cook, we took a cooking class in La Maison Arabe.
It was excellent,a lot of fun, I learned a lot, about moroccan food, this was fantastic, the Dada Fahima was a super nice teacher, and the other lady, who was speaking english to us, was so friendly. If you go there, do not miss this wonderfull experience
Maria Moises

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Korean first
Quepos, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011 via mobile

We took a very insightful as well as fun cooking class while in Marrakech. I highly recommend taking a class with your stay.

• Stayed November 2011
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

As I plan this year's New Year's celebration in Hokkaido, I recollect last year's in Marrakesh at La Maison Arabe. From the moment we arrived very late, and unexpectedly by train, thanks to Royal Air Maroc vagaries, we were greeted with warmth and openness from Rashid the first rate bar manager who allowed us to decompress in grand style (and hastily procured our excellent food). He was a real beacon of excellent service and fun throughout our stay. Indeed, the consistent customer-focus attention gives one the perspective of being a resident of many months. Youssef provided the same level of attention with a kind, gentle smile in areas of support with luggage, front desk service and local directions. The entire staff is extremely well trained and attentive. As evidenced accurately on the website, the beauty of the riad(s) overwhelm the senses and our New Year's Eve celebration was a delight.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
Scarborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

An excellent cookery class and inspiring pair of tutors. The tea we had on early arrival was beautifully presented in the attractive garden.
Lovely

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I have been fortunate in my line of work to have had the chance to live abroad in three locations, as well as travel all over South America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East. I have stayed at some great and truly memorable properties while on my many business trips. So, when on vacation and spending my own hard-earned money, I also want to know I am getting something pretty special. I did an extensive amount of research on hotels before going to Marrakech. As my wife and I were traveling with our college-aged son and daughter, we wanted to stay near the "souk action," but also wanted a place that offered more in terms of luxury and varied activities--a pool and place to enjoy the sunshine, for instance. Of course, the famous cooking school and the peaceful spa area added icing to the cake. Not disappointed, here at La Maison Arabe, we found all we had imagined and more. The staff were especially warm, helpful and welcoming. I cannot imagine staying at another property when I return next year.

Room Tip: We enjoyed a room on the top floor with a balcony overlooking the pool, room 246 as I recall. I unde...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Potentially one of the best experiences I have ever had in a Riad or Hotel for that matter. It is an oasis. The service is exceptional, the food is amazing and I cannot complement the design and environmental elements enough. Loved the cooking class - many of our classmates staying at other Riads or Hotels came back and spend the day here at Maison Arabe afterward as they were so enchanted by the place. The Jazz bar was perfect for meeting friends before dinner and then a nightcap.

Room Tip: Stay in the old section - I loved the character of the rooms.
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

I have travelled extensively and stayed at high quality hotels but I have never before stayed at such a characterful, friendly, relaxing and hospitable establishment.

We were looked after with great enthusiasm, no request being too much trouble.

The consierge Adil knows everyone and every thing and will give you all of the inside information and best trips, guides and the like.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to La Maison Arabe? Share your experiences!