“First sight, a good hotel, unfortunatly I had to share the bed with ' BEDBUGS'” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Central Palace

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel Central Palace
Save Saved
You added Hotel Central Palace to your Saves list
59 Sidi Bouloukate Marrakech Maroc, Marrakech, Morocco   |
Ranked #363 of 461 Hotels in Marrakech
Kendal, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2011

First impression was good, looked clean, and my room as a group leader looked spotless, I had towels and toiletpaper..Unfortunatly after closer inspection the room for the group where not as great..and also no hot water.. They had to shower in eachother room or on different levels..
Also the noise travels inmense, when people heading back to the rooms later in the evening..do bring earplugs!
Unfortunatly my room had bedbugs..When I confronted the staff behing the desk about this the reaction was, that they did not believe it...even after showing the bites ( mainly on the arms, neck and face) they told me I came in with them before even sleeping in the hotel!!
I had taken photos of the problem, and after showing this, they recognised the issue..
Thanks to my contact person we stayed in a lovely hotel nearby during the rest of our stay!

Ps..The keys are openly displaced on the desk, and be aware anyone can just grap the key, and make the way into your room, we took the big block of wood off, and just held the key with us to solve this..

Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Helsinki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

This hotel has a very good location quite close to the Djemma El Fna, and is easy to find. We paid 155 dh for a double room with shared shower and bathroom. Breakfast was 25 dh/person. Bring earplugs, a silk sleeping liner, towel and toilet paper. There is one shower per floor, so check the other ones if the one on your floor is occupied.

Room Tip: If hot, ask for a room at the bottom floor.
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Hasselt, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Cheap hotel, almost on the Jemaa El-Fna, but in a really quiet alley ! Fantastic roof terrace to enjoy your breakfast (although breakfast at any of the nearby restaurants will be better), or to view the city at night. Small, clean room with shared bathroom.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Fortaleza, CE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

ohh... I love this Hotel! ♥ a great localization, a wonderful breakfast, and soooo cheap!!! :D The room is very very clean, and the shower and wc. And the best is the price for night...is very very cheap! Inside the medina every hotel is low price, outside you have to pay more, and isn't nearby of the great this to visit! Enjoy your visit

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Brisbane-Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2010

We stayed in over 1/2 dozen different places in Morocco and this was by far the worst. Yes, it's near Djemaa el Fna but that's the only positive.

Lots of niggling things (no towels given and when we asked, were given damp towels; no hot water at all on 2nd night; no toilet paper - had to ask etc) but the major issues are noise, security and lack or service.

As per other reviews, we had made contact via their website and received no response. When we arrived we were told they had not received our email but had some rooms. The first night our room looked into the internal riad courtyard - the noise from other guests was incredible! At 11.30pm and 12.30pm various guests called out to ask other guests to be quiet or move their party elsewhere. The noise is partly due to the design of the riad but also because staff have no interest in keeping things under control. On the second night we had to move and our room faced over the alley. Nightmare! Noisy 'security guards' from the 3 or 4 hotels in the alley congregated to chat until 3.30am! Despite repeated requests out the window to be quiet, they continued to chatter.

Security was always a concern - room keys are on large blocks of wood (very large) to discourage you taking your key out for the day. Leave it behind at your peril as ALL keys are left on the desk at all times and anyone can just walk in and pick up any key and access your room (as demonstrated when my friend picked up the wrong key). There were also several men (friends of the staff) hanging around the doorway day and night - as a solo female they often passed comment about me in Berber/Arabic as I was leaving or entering. I did not appreciate this, or the sets of eyes watching me and monitoring my comings and goings.

Finally, service. Well, there really isn't much. The people at the desk were basically disinterested in answering our questions or providing advice. The cleaning staff considered us to be in their way. The hotel is interested in getting your money but not in providing resolution of issues.

Marrakech is pricey but I would suggest spending a few extra dollars so that you have a much more enjoyable experience. Can't believe Lonely Planet recommend this place - don't believe the hype!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

I was very happy at this hotel It's not perfect, but great value for money for the location (very close to Jemma el Fna). It was clean, a riad style, with a fantastic rooftop terrace. Lots of places to sit, nice views. Rooms were basic, but comfortable. The shared facilities could have been a bit nicer, but they were clean. My biggest complaint was noise from the outside...my room looked out over the alley to the entrance. I could also hear the commotion from Jemma. But ear plugs helped. I found the staff to be just fine...the reviews here lowered my expectations, so maybe that helped. I was friendly with them, and I felt they responded in turn (though not exuberantly). I did not book any tours with them, so I can't comment on that. Overall, for the money, I would recommend this place and stay there again.

Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
Maribor, Slovenia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2010

nice, charming hotel with a terace, with basic rooms (some ensuite), good location but sometimes noisi during the night

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Central Palace? Share your experiences!