“It was terriable.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amine

Save Saved
You added Hotel Amine to your Saves list
Hotel Amine
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Abdelkrim El Khettabi | Semlalia, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #369 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
“It was terriable.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

I went to Morocco at the end of August and I was looking forward to an amazing holiday.. on the other hand it wasnt. The hotel was terrible. The rooms were dirty and the plugs in the room were all broken most of the wires for the lights were sticking out which is very dangerous if you are planning to take children with you. Also the room service was devastating as they do not change your bed sheets, towels or give you soap for days. It is also a bad idea if you have a room with a balcony which is situated infront of the swimming pool as the sun will burn you with its heat as there is no air conditoning and the music blasts loudly while you are trying to relax, the breakfast is disgusting as there was never something i liked to eat. Ans finally the only place that had internet wifi was in the lobby which you never feel comfortable sitting in.

• Stayed August 2013

485 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

To be honest the price should tell you something, but it was Ok located (20 DHS taxi from the medina) and that was about it, the rooms are tired and lacking anything, basic but clean.

The pool area is OK with the exception of rave loud music blaring, not to my taste so i put on my headphones, the drink prices are triple when you can grab a drink from Garage next door.

Total lack of help from the staff who seem to be litterally sitting around waiting fo rthigns to happen!

The Breakfast, well that is an insult, the crap they put out is bearly edible, a mixture of 3 different miniture croissants tasted state, Oh a boiled egg... pancakes, Olives black and green sat there for days, day old cucumber and butter in abundance! The table cloths where filty and not a serviette to been seen, the coffee shocking and the Tea - 1 tea bag per large pot.. so you can guess! Oh and not even water available!

Room Tip: Choose a diffferent hotel!
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed 4 nights sept 23-27. Public areas of hotel are very good. Pool area spotless. Rooms spacious and cleaned regularly and well. Breakfast was fair, good coffee, juice and croissants, sometimes crepes, boiled eggs.
Service at breakfast was very good. Reception staff friendly and helpful, its not hard to learn how to say a few words in French to be polite!!
The only bad point for me was the staff at the pool bar. Rude, sulky and tried to overcharge.
Location is ok. a bit far out if you are lazy, I walked into Djemaa in 20 mins.
Catch the no 1 bus if you dont fancy a walk. It stops right outside the hotel and costs 4 dirham.
Overall Great value, sure, its a bit dated, reminded me of a Greek hotel circa late 80's, But spotless and cheap.
I would stay here again. Thanks.

Room Tip: 3rd floor pool facing
Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely time at this hotel, yes it does need updated but it is clean and tidy, pool attendant very attentive! Especially with our two teenage daughters, ( a word in his ear did the trick) this was our second visit to Marrakech and even better than the first. We were all inclusive the first time we were there so ate in our hotel but this time had a great time exploring all the restaurants. And found some great ones. Hopefully we will return 2014

• Stayed June 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I thought this hotel was very good value for Marrakech, which can be very expensive.
Our room was good, as was the bedroom. The view of the pool was very nice.
The breakfast was ok - nothing fancy, but as it was self-service you could have as much as you wanted.
The pool was nice
The staff were nice, except for one man on reception who was a bit temperamental!!

The only really negative thing was the horrible music at the pool. I think it came on at 10 or 10.30. Loud and cheap! Nasty! Oh, well each to their own.
Oh, yes and those weird holiday-makers who place their towels on the sunbeds at 8am but don´t actually come to the pool until 1 or 2pm!!! I had heard of such people but never seen it. I think these ones were northern Europeans!!! Sad people if you ask me - they must wake up thinking about dashing down to the pool to claim their sunbed before anyone else can use it!!! Selfish or what!!!!

Room Tip: If they always have music on at the pool, then it might be better to have a room facing the gardens
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
St. Albans, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in first week of September 2013 and the best part of the hotel was the swimming pool and bar area.

I had booked the holiday via Travelzoo which described it as a 4 start hotel and we upgraded to a family suite when confirming our booking. What we actually got was a double room with a third bed added below the table. Inevitably the person on the third bed kept banging their head against the TV!

There were a list of rules in the room which we found hilarious. You can't bring drinks or food from outside or they would charge you. You can't use the hotel towels in the swimming pool (but we did anyway!).

As some people have already pointed out the hotel has not been maintained very well and things are broken or falling apart. Lighting was out in most of the corridors. Our room was also in a similar state. The carpet had burn marks from an iron and the skirting boarsd were all coming apart from the walls, paint was peeling off and there appeared to be damp patches that had not been painted over. The toilet and shower had lumps of concrete applied where things had broken.

The aircon didn't really work but luckily all of our party enjoyed the heat that week (38 degrees) and the little bit of cool air we did get from the aircon helped to keep us cool with the balcony doors open at night.

The toilet did not flush properly and had to hold down the flush for ages for it to work so during the day we used the toilet in the main hotel lobby which were not much better as the lights were not working in the female toilets and one did not have a working lock.

Breakfast was a nightmare! If you woke up early there was hardly anything there but on the last day we went for a late breakfast at 9.00am and there was so much more choice. It is obviously not for early birds.

There are some plus sides. The pool was good and clean. The cleaners were really good and always willing to help. The bar staff were also friendly and happy to make you whatever you want.

We found some amazing places to eat round the corner so had our meals outside whenever we could and bought our water from the Shell garage.

Room Tip: Don't upgrade and pay for a Suite as you will only get the standard room with another bed added...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The reception staff are rude and unhelpful, I booked a room wth double bed and given room with two single beds, when asked to change the room I was told they don't have any with double beds available at that time, after two days of asking I just gave up. The single beds in the room are uncomfortable and needed to be replaced as the base of bed was broken and lopsided. The only place to get WIFI is in the lobby area of the hotel which is also the only indoor area of the hotel you can smoke (I presume you can't smoke in your room as didn't see any ashtrays), as a non smoker I had to get everyones second hand smoke if I wanted to use the WIFI. The breakfast is so basic it can't constitute a continental breakfast ( thank goodness for the restaurants around the hotel or I would have starved), didn't try their dinners again so basic, 2 choices. After 2 day the soap which is the tiny hotel soaps was running out and room cleaning didn't leave any. I had to ask 3 times for soap, when someone did eventually come to the room and I asked she couldn't understand english, I had to show her the last bit I had left so she understood what I meant. I also found that the cleaning of the room was haphazard, bathroom still has long dark hairs on bathroom floor the entire of my stay which means they don't clean very well. As I don't speak French and only English I felt that the staff didn't give you a second thought and weren't as helpful to you as they were to guest that spoke French. Case in point wanted a massage and the lady giving the massage couldn't understand english and I couldn't understand her as she spoke French so I ended up walking out without getting a massage. All in all I can't and won't recommend this hotel to anyone ever. In my short experience of traveling I must say this is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in. Next I come to Marrakech I will spend 3 to 5 the money to have a better hotel. This hoetl is meant to be a mid range hotel, I wouldn't call it a mid range hotel, I can't even call it a low budget hotel, I would go with no budget hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Amine? Share your experiences!