“Would not recommend this hotel to my worst enermy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amine

You added Hotel Amine to your Saves list
Hotel Amine
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Abdelkrim El Khettabi | Semlalia, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #368 of 462 Hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Would not recommend this hotel to my worst enermy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

The reception staff are rude and unhelpful, I booked a room wth double bed and given room with two single beds, when asked to change the room I was told they don't have any with double beds available at that time, after two days of asking I just gave up. The single beds in the room are uncomfortable and needed to be replaced as the base of bed was broken and lopsided. The only place to get WIFI is in the lobby area of the hotel which is also the only indoor area of the hotel you can smoke (I presume you can't smoke in your room as didn't see any ashtrays), as a non smoker I had to get everyones second hand smoke if I wanted to use the WIFI. The breakfast is so basic it can't constitute a continental breakfast ( thank goodness for the restaurants around the hotel or I would have starved), didn't try their dinners again so basic, 2 choices. After 2 day the soap which is the tiny hotel soaps was running out and room cleaning didn't leave any. I had to ask 3 times for soap, when someone did eventually come to the room and I asked she couldn't understand english, I had to show her the last bit I had left so she understood what I meant. I also found that the cleaning of the room was haphazard, bathroom still has long dark hairs on bathroom floor the entire of my stay which means they don't clean very well. As I don't speak French and only English I felt that the staff didn't give you a second thought and weren't as helpful to you as they were to guest that spoke French. Case in point wanted a massage and the lady giving the massage couldn't understand english and I couldn't understand her as she spoke French so I ended up walking out without getting a massage. All in all I can't and won't recommend this hotel to anyone ever. In my short experience of traveling I must say this is by far the worst hotel I've stayed in. Next I come to Marrakech I will spend 3 to 5 the money to have a better hotel. This hoetl is meant to be a mid range hotel, I wouldn't call it a mid range hotel, I can't even call it a low budget hotel, I would go with no budget hotel.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel and from the beginning to the end it was an excellent place to stay.
The staff were friendly and plenty to do. The reception staff helped when I had a problem and he went out of his way to help.
I must admit the food was not great but there was a restaurant just next to the hotel which had great food. It was about 10 to 15 minutes to get to the main city with the souks and getting a taxi was a bit of a problem but very helpful Moroccans helped to get a taxi for us.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
newport, gwent, s. wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have just read some recent reviews of the Amine Hotel, and can hardly believe the negative and
in my opinion,false reports. I have stayed in the Amine on 3 different occasions. Each time I was
welcomed by the friendly Reception staff. Two of which remembered me. The rooms are
perfectly comfortable and clean. They are serviced every day, by efficient and friendly staff.
My last stay was Winter (jan'12) and I found that room heaters were working.
The pool area is superb, with large pool, and Bar facilities at reasonable price. Also the tropical
garden and green lawns, are a pleasure to be around. Also saw many young families and kids
enjoying the pool area. The breakfast is the usual buffet affair, but a wide choice of pastries,
boiled eggs, toast and very drinkable coffee and juice. The small bar is nice for a quiet beer
before venturing further. Taxi directly out side will take you to jema elfana for 15dirams.

Room Tip: I found the rooms on the south side facing the pool the quietest.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

Just dreadful! From the incredibly rude receptionist, to the broken air conditioning this hotel is just awful. The room was terrible; broken fixtures, window broken, air conditioning didn't work, shower broken...the list goes on. We had booked for 7 nights; we stayed for 12 hours!!!! The pool guy was lovely - very apologetic about the lack of towels etc., and the porter was friendly. Would never ever stay here again, and would never recommend it. No spa or hammam despite being advertised on the website. Awful!!!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Definitely not a 4*. Arrived to a pool with no water, air conditioning not working despite being told it was and probably the worst room I have ever stayed in.
Rooms were dirty and in dire need of upgrading, there was no fridge or safe in room and pool bar prices were the most expensive I encountered during the whole stay, including restaurants in the market. Water was always lukewarm and the shower holder was broken so you had to hold it yourself to have a shower. The beds had weird pillows, either a sausage shape or square pillow so was very hard to get comfortable.
We did ask to be moved but apparently there were no other rooms free.
The pool was cleaned and filled in a few days but half of the beds were broken and there were not enough for all the guests. You had to get out ridiculously early to try and get one. Instead they gave you mattresses which were dark grey and got incredibly hot in the sun meaning if your towel did not cover you got burnt if you touched it.
The staff weren’t very friendly, they seemed to favour the French guests. A few warmed to us after a few days but were initially not very welcoming.
Location wise was a bit far out from the hub and buzz of everything. Not expensive in cabs but still hassle to get one each day and not pay way over the odds.
Advertised bar and massage salon but neither were ever open.
Would definitely go to Morocco again but would not stay in this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

I was just like you sitting on TripAdvisor seeing the reviews but after going myself I have discovered this hotel is not for families. Stayed for 5 days booked by thomas cook and this wasnt what I expected

*air conditioning doesn't work
*ants in the room
*bad breakfast NOT CONTINENTAL
*rude reception staff
*not worth the money
*no fridge bottle water £1.5o!!!! When local is 50p
*no safe in the room
*rooms hallways outside very dark and creepy
*no kids pool
*cats near restaurant and inside to

This is not a 4* hotel its a 1*

• Stayed August 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Just got back from Marrakech ,stated in the hotel for 5 night and had realy good stay.
The staf are really friendly,the service and location are great.the down side is the air condition in the room is very bad with the temperature up to 56 during the day need updating urgently.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Hotel Amine? Share your experiences!