“Good stay for those on a budget” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amine

Save Saved
You added Hotel Amine to your Saves list
Hotel Amine
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Abdelkrim El Khettabi | Semlalia, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #366 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
London
“Good stay for those on a budget”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Just come back from a 5 day stay with my 11 year old daughter. Ramadan at the moment so the hotel and the area was not busy.
Hotel is clean and what you would expect from a 3 star, I have no major complaints with the appearance just the odd SMALL repairs. About a 10 minute taxi drive to the medina (Moroccan market area) and should only cost you 20 MAD but I did manage to haggle and get it for 15. No fridge in the room.
BREAKFAST: is basic, the same every day...croissants, bread rolls, cornflakes, salad, plain yogurt and pancakes....if you don't like plain pancakes bring your own spread.

CHILDREN
No entertainment at the hotel but they are polite and welcome children. Pool area is great, good size with the shallow end at 1metre and the deep at 3metres.
A small area with a basket ball hoop that can be used.

SNACKS
food and drinks will cost you more at the hotel.....1.5litre water is 15MAD but you can by it for 6MAD at the shops 4 minutes walk down the road.

Room Tip: If you go during Ramadan the hotel is half empty so you have a better chance of getting the type of...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Estepa, Spain
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We spent 4 night at this hotel,a short bus ride from main square and the best thing I can say is the staff was very helpful and friendly.
The whole place needs a 'makeover' as it looks tired with paint stripping off several walls and a very noisy air conditioner.
There is a nice outside bar next to a large pool and they play some 'cool' music
Still I paid less than 60 euros for 4 nights so I cannot complain.There was a TV in each twin room with BBC world and 5 other stations.The wifi only worked in the lobby area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Having read lots of very bad reviews on Hotel Amine, I wasn't really sure what to expect. It's easy to find being on the road to Casablanca, about a 20 dirhams taxi ride to the medina. Being away from the centre means it's quiet...at night the only sound was the crickets. The gardens and the pool area are very well maintained, and it's lovely eating breakfast out in the garden. I was impressed with the choice at breakfast (it's a MUCH bigger choice than you would ever get in a riad!!). The staff were always pleasant and helpful, I was given clean towels every day and the maids knocked twice before entering. The small problems I had were dealt with very quickly and efficiently. The hotel is run down and would need a lot of money to upgrade it, but having said that...what do you expect for the price? It is excellent value. Sleeping was difficult because of the awful pillow, but once they had changed that it was fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Just came back from the Amine Hotel. I have to say, it was way better than I expected. Staff was very helpful and changed my room without any fuss (I wanted a quiet room in the back).
My room was lovely, with a small balcony. Tv channels are few but again, I didn't go to Marrakesh to watch Tv, so that didn't bother me.
Breakfast is basic but ok in my opinion. I didn't have lunch and dinner at the hotel so can't comment on that. But there are plenty of restaurants nearby where you can eat well for a good price. Location is ok, a bit far away from the Fna, but if you are up for a walk that can be done on foot and it's quite straightforward, if not bus 1 stops in front of hotel and take you there in 20 minutes. Swimming pool was great, clean and nice. I also used the Hammam there and had a massage as well. I enjoyed the hotel and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
bournmouth
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

well where do I start ... it was totally hilarious the hotel was probably glorious in its hey day but does look a bit shabby now... the reception was shabby but the staff were helpful ... the room was ok on the ground floor but again was a bit shabby but it was clean and the room maids were friendly... the bar was lovely and had a good range of drinks the bar man was efficient and will bring you little bowls of nibbles with your drink even if I was the only person in the bar lol.... the waiters in the restaurant were lovely especially ahmed who looked after me all week and was efficient getting me a pot of coffee instead of the luke warm stuff out of the coffee urn at breakfast and I always had butter with my bread just tip him a bit and he will bend over backwards for you have plenty of nibbles and bread as the food really lets the hotel down especially if it is buffet day as its always cold and not very tasty.... if they got a different chef and refurbished it could be a nice hotel with a nice pool area .... oh I nearly forgot wear earplugs at night as the door slamming is really bad and you may need them for the pool if the music has been turned up lol....

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
copenhagen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

3rd time staying at the Amine,as usual all the staff do whatever they can to make your stay enjoyable I arrived on a Saturday, when,like most hotels it was chocka, the room wasnt as good as I had hoped for but after talking to the desk manager I was moved next day to a really good room on the 3rd floor overlooking the pool,the pool area is fine with plenty of loungers and even a bar for a cold drink you can also have lunch served here if you fancy it,I should mention that there is also a resturant and bar inside,I am in Marrakech 3-4 times a year and for location and price you will have a long walk to find a comparable hotel,I always book a single room as I do travel alone and hotels in Marrakech only have dbl,rooms,I have stayed at the Agdal several times,it is also a fine hotel,remember we are talking hotels which cost around £10 a night incl. breakfast,we are not talking Mamounia,sure the rooms could use a pep talk and the tv,s could use a new satelite dish,but you are close to the center of Marrakech,the rooms are cleaned every day and any problems are cleared up when you are in town,if you leave the hotel and turn right,walk 15 paces you will find one of the busiest Moroccan resturants I have seen,all locals,good sign,I tried Harrira soup followed by a cheese omelette and fries and 1.5L of ice cold water this was served with half a loaf of local bread,I will admit that Im not very adventurous when it comes to food,but you can buy every type of tagine here,my meal cost me about 35dh or 3 euro,you cannot whack it,I think it would be impossible to use £5 pp.here,if you leave the hotel and cross the street,turn left and walk 100m you will find the bus stop for the #1 bus,every ride costs you 4dh,small change is a neccesity always,this bus takes you directly to Djemma el Fna,coming back, get on where you got off,the smell of the horses will guide you,when you make a sharp right hand turn at the end of Mohammed 5 then it is the second stop,at the Shell station,when booking an hotel in Morocco remember to detract at least 1 star from its rating and do not compare them to european hotels,they are worlds apart,and as I say in every review a couple of dollars on the pillow works wonders,

Room Tip: 3rd floor with view of pool if poss.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
brighton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Booked with Hostel World. Advised by them that there would be a balance to pay. Hotel refused to take account of deposit paid to Hostel World and reception manager just shrugged his shoulders (and kept the receipt I gave him which confirmed the booking). Breakfast consists of pile of croissants which are often re arranged by hand by the bored waiters... yuk. No fruit. There are also some rolls and some cooked in front of you pancakes and some tomatoes and cucumbers with cottage cheese. OK for most people for the week. coffee on tap in a samovar and tea but not very hot for some reason. Cockroach at least 10 cm long in my bathroom. bidet constantly ran with water as the tap could not be turned off. The hook which was supposed to locked the patio doors fell to the floor when I touched it so there was no sense of security. Taxi to the airport should have been 2o dirhams as we had the previous day gone to the Minara (the building with the square pond in front) but the hotel got an old guy which must have been the manager's dad to pick us up and he insisted on being paid 200 dirhams. If you query the price they just grab your bags and start putting them in the boot and you have to forcibly tell them you don't accept the price as you know you are being ripped off. Apparently there is an airport bus that picks up from hotels so I would look into that if I were you. In hindsight I should have gone via resorthoppa as we were similarly ripped off by the taxi driver when we arrived. only 5kms but they charged 25 euros. Should have been more like 2. Best advice I can give is don't go to morroco at all. Everyone short changes you or tells you its one price then once you have given them the money they tell you its a higher price. Beggars touching you, standing in front of you; raw sewage smells as you are walking, food causing tummy upsets - it has little to redeem itself.

Room Tip: find a different hotel or it will ruin your holiday
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Amine? Share your experiences!