“You get what you pay for............” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amine

Save Saved
You added Hotel Amine to your Saves list
Hotel Amine
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Abdelkrim El Khettabi | Semlalia, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #362 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“You get what you pay for............”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Travelled 16/11/12 - 23/11/12

When I looked on Trip Advisor, I did have my doubts and was extremely concerned when I booked it, and thought what the heck everyone has an opinion. I arrived there by taxi from the airport (150DH) I was met with security guy who gave me my key (Room 220) Took a bit of time to find it.
When I got in the room, I was pleasantly surprised. It was clean and the bathroom was OK. Only English channel on TV is BBC World News. (Wasn't planning on spending much time indoors anyway.) Explored hotel and to be honest it wasn't that bad. The women in the bar was nice and friendly, and the old man waiter in dinning room was very helpful, may be i was tipping him to much. Breakfast is OK, and dinner too. But after awhile in Marrakesh you tend to get sick of cous cous, and targine.

The shower was powerful, however was cold in the morning. Spoke to reception that evening and they put the water on early for me the next day. I found the beds comfortable and clean. The cleaners were nice. They did go into my cupboards and I left my ipod on charger, but nothing was taken. The pool area, and foyer and bar are nice.

I got a taxi back to the airport no problem, just book 1/2 hr before you really want to go just to be safe. They let me put my bags in a secure area round the back as I had an evening flight.

For 6DH you can get a bus into the square from across the road, or a taxi for 20-30DH or you can even walk it, takes about 30-45mins depending on how fast you walk.

Oh and there is a bank right outside the hotel to get your cash out,

All in all I did enjoy my stay here, however the rest of the trip was.......... well let just say an experience.!!!

Room Tip: Ask for 220, not much of a view from the balcony, except for an orange tree,
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

484 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hotel amine for 5 nights. Our first impression was not very good, in the dark it can feel oppressive and and a bit scary...but the staff were very welcoming! The rooms are a little shabby and in need of updating, but they were clean enough and the communal areas were all kept clean and nice. We stayed on a half board basis, the food was very good. Always enough choice and plenty to keep us full. The desk staff are always willing to help by putting you in touch with a good taxi driver. For lunch, its only a 2 min walk to zine chame restaurant, well recommended.

• Stayed February 2013
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The rooms were very dirty (still using the primitive method of brooms to clean carpet, hence dirt and dust everywhere), bird poo in the balcony, very dirty bedspreads and curtains. Very big hotel but poorly managed. WiFi was available but only in a small part of the lobby which was quite annoying especially when the weather was cold and there was no heating available, not enough seats available, not to mention people smoking in the lobby. The breakfast was served in small quantities and therefore lots of empty serving bowls and no refill and even ran out of most of the things one morning. The restaurant staff (breakfast) not the most polite and quite mechanical. English did seem to be a problem at the hotel. Booked through Easyjet Holidays and did not turn out to be the best value for money. Could have got a cheaper deal with better hotel if booked seperately. Around 15 minutes drive away from the City Centre thus not the best location either. Will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the third floor facing the pool if you can. Beware, breakfast can run out sometimes...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked on the internet for a week's break (18-25th January). When I arrived at the 4-star hotel I found:-

a shabby hotel, no lights on the stairs, a half inch gap in patio door, cold room (I had 4 blankets on the bed), plug didn't fit bath, water tepid, gym closed (no equipment) hotel shop closed, monotonous, mediocre food and for the most part unhelpful Receptionists.

I could go on, but all I would say is: DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

Rosie - West Sussex

Room Tip: The hotel needs a total overhaul and to be managed properly.
Newbury, England, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Having negotiated the 1001 rip offs which is Marrakech and put up with the shortcomings of the Hotel Amine for a week, the Reception staff finally got to me on the last day.

Despite booking a late check out for my night time return flight the nincompoop on the front desk insisted on being given 200DH (no receipt) to have my room an extra 6 hours after the standard noon check out time. Not only that, but I was charged a further 40DH for a .33l of lager I had with a meal and 6DH for a local call to book my return transfer. This was a shame for the Housekeeping and Waiting staff, who had done a very good job, as there was little left to give them a reasonable tip!

When departure time came I was in the lobby 20mins before the agreed airport transfer pick up time – over 31/2 hours before the plane took off from the airport just 5 miles away. The transfer, by Resort Hopper, never came. A call to the Hopper Rep was wasted as he said one thing whilst I knew they never turned up. The Receptionists could not have been less helpful and I was left to my own devices and initiative to get to the airport with virtually no money. I despair for anyone who was less resourceful.

I would recommend that no one use this hotel until the Reception staff have all been replaced with people who want to be there and who know something about customer service. It would also be useful to know that the kitchen staff have learned to do something else with the meager budget they are given to produce meals besides boiling everything to a tasteless mush - when they go too far the grey gruel is only served up as soup.

So, sorry to say, whilst the hotel has potential, none of it was realized and I would recommend spending a little extra elsewhere….anywhere but the Hotel Amine.

Also, without any doubt, never put your trust in Resort Hopper. Even rip-off Moroccan taxis, and they are the worst, would have been cheaper and more reliable than Resort Hopper. Glad to have made it home.

Hythe, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

This hotel looks fine from the outside, and I'm a great believer in "you get what you pay for" but ...
UNPLEASANT stench of stale cigarettes permeating the building.
UNHELPFUL receptionist: on our arrival at 21.45 stating dining room closed (22.00 on hotel details), advising two female guests that it was safe to walk to nearby shop to buy snacks, where we were mugged at knifepoint.
UNACCEPTABLE level of hostility and lack of sympathy from receptionist when we reported said mugging, stating we shouldn't have worn shoulder bags but only carried cash in our pockets.
UNEATABLE food in the dining room (or as we renamed it, the dungeon) unless parties of Japanese tourists staying, when it improved marginally.
UNDENIABLY stupid of me not to have taken heed of the many bad reviews of this hotel on Trip Advisor prior to booking a package with last minute.com.
UNDOUBTEDLY never returning to Marrakech, and to warn as many travellers as possible not to stay at the Hotel Amine.

Room Tip: If you are foolish enough to stay here, choose a third floor room with pool view!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Sudbury, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed 20 to 27 January. Arrived 2130 hrs first night but no food provided. Next day supper consisted of anorexic chicken. Lived on bread and cold stewed coffee for breakfast each day and very little choice of anything decent for supper. Patio door draughty. Very good hotel if you want to loose weight. Staff not very friendly except for one member of security staff and cleaners. Fitness or shop not open. Don't waste your money on this hotel.

Room Tip: Lower rooms are very dark and cold
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Amine? Share your experiences!