“Good Good and Very Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Amine

Save Saved
You added Hotel Amine to your Saves list
Hotel Amine
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Abdelkrim El Khettabi | Semlalia, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #366 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
Newcastle under Lyme
“Good Good and Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I have just returned from a week at this hotel and was very impressed by the hotel and the service offered. The room was basic but spotlessly clean with clean sheets and towels and even bathmat EVERY DAY. The air conditioning worked perfectly.The staff were very friendly and offered a level of service that is normally only found in a top class hotel. Nothing was to much trouble for them, our waiter at breakfast catered to our needs with a smile every morning. The pool is lovely and cleaned every day as were all the terraces. This hotel is budget price but with really really good service and staff. We are going again next year.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

488 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
Enfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

The hotel came advertised as four stars, but it was 3 stars at best. The pool was ok, not many sun beds and the breakfast was ok, but not much choice and pretty much the same thing everyday.

The location was in the old bits of the town, but for this price cannot expect anything else.

About 10 minutes from the medina.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

On arrival I thought it was pretty dismal on entrance.I then went to look outside and found an amazing happy atmosphere around the pool area,bright and cheerful.The room was rather dismal and no English channels on TV! Pool bar shuts at 11.pm .but cannot really blame them for that as most guests are french and would rather sit around the pool all night and not spend a penny !
Promised entertainment in 18 days was one afternoon ! Hotel has alot of potential but has been seriously neglected,Saying that ,yes ,i would stay there again. My tip is ..upgrade to suite you get a fridge.lol

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Great Dunmow, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We have just returned from a 3 night stay at this hotel and although we were expecting a budget hotel as it was very cheap we felt the hotel really was not very good at all ! Our room needed serious updating it was small cramped and smelt of sewerage every afternoon,The television did not work even after complaining twice and we had no furniture to sit out on the patio.On the plus side the pool was nice and clean but the pool attendant thought it was great to have music blaring out all day do not sit on the road side of the pool as you can smell petrol fumes from the garage behind,The breakfast was awful watered down orange juice and hard pancakes and most of the plates and cups were chipped.We would definitely not recommend this hotel to anyone !

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

i stayed at hotel amine last September,I am single male guest. Just wanted to say for the price i paid £129 for 10 night bed and breakfast. great pool with nice pool cafe with reasonable priced meals and drinks,I asked for a room on high floor facing pool, when i arrived to the friendly male receptionist and that's what i was given. Breakfast was continental ham cheese rolls, coffee pan u chocolate. By the pool is was mainly french and few English, everybody was friendly. cool music from pool cafe. The hotel was just outside gueliz area and 15 minute walk to central gueliz cafes shops etc.There is bus which stops across the road of the hotel which takes 15 minutes to Medina and square which is very cheap. For any bad reviews for this hotel you get what u pay for and this hotel is undervalued compared to most hotels in Marrakesh. I know people who have stayed in expensive hotels sofitel and other ones and the service is terrible for the price and very expensive for everything with ripping off tourists. When i come back to Marrakesh i will stay at this hotel or one is in the center of gueliz which has good reviews and know people who have stayed there hotel diwane resort and spa. Hope this review is cool for other travelers coming to Marrakesh.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Manchester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I Have neaver ever Wrote a Review before about a Hotel,But I had to write this after we have just come back 3 days ago from this Hotel,after a 10 day stay here with my Family.

I will Keep this Review short and sweet and I will tell you how it is,no middle No Bull,just the truth.

I have neaver ever had a worse experence of a hotel then this one,we have been all over europe,the USA Africa but this hotel is up there with the worst.

Reception

Nice to look at but for service (unless ur French or can speak Fluent Arabic forget it) Very very Unhelpfull. 4 stars you are having a Laugh.

Food.

The Waiters unless you can speak Fluent arabic or are french DO NOT WANT TO KNOW. Food very very basic Chicken Beef and about 3 salads thats all there was in the evning and if anyone tells you any diffrent on here they are Lying end of story. (we paid for 10 meals we ate here 6 times) Breakfast yes was ok nothing flash at all (unless you speak Arabic or are french then you get 5 star treatment.

Pool

Yes nice 9only part of hotel which was ok) but when you have had no sleep all night due to the Lack of Air Condiotning well do I need to say any more.

Rooms.

Yes ok Basic but Very Very BAD Air Conditioning (Nothing there) In august temp were so Hot and we hardley slept a wink we complained so so many times but we was told take it or leave it,as we had the best room the Hotel had so if we had the best god help the rest of the rooms and what they had (17 other English Familys and 2 French also complained on a daily basis about the Air Conditioning)
In the months of summer I would avoid this hotel like the Plague and the rest of the time I would stay well away from this hotel if you have a once of sense Thats the truth.

Morroco was a lovely Place the people most were very nice friendly etc but this Hotel spoilt me and my familys and other familys (whom I still have contact with who also had there stays ruined) stay and ruined our holiday which we was looking forwerd to for Months.

Please please please AVOID THIS HOTEL AT ALL COSTS PLEASE if you want any sort of Holiday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Plymouth, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

My husband and I went on a week long holiday to Marrakech, wanting a nice cultural holiday and we weren't really bothered about the hotel we were staying in as it was only going to be a base.

After four days, we realised that we had done everything the city had to offer and we couldn't go on day trips further afield as we had been conned by taxi's and carpet sellers (bit too British for bartering well!)

The next four days were happily spent mainly in the hotel. The pool area was lovely and thriving. There was a wide range of music that would suit most people - although there are some French hip hop songs that are wedged in my brain and I can't wait for them to leave! There were sun loungers and umbrellas with snack bar area with tables and chairs. The area is surrounded with palm trees and other foliage. The food at the snack bar is reasonably priced and quality. A Grilled chicken sandwhich with a good portion of chips would set you back 50 dirhams. The drinks were also reasonable - 15 dirhams for a large bottle of chilled mineral water and 12 dirhams for a soft drink. 30 Dirhams was the average price for alcoholic drinks although a bottle of wine was aroung about 100 dirhams. Morning, noon or night, sitting by the pool was a pleasure. All the staff in this area of the hotel were lovely and friendly and spoke English. The evening waiter was a little less enthusiastic and would only speak to me in French but I did hear him speaking English to other people. I think he didn't like me because I complained that my lemonade was bright green and tasted of peppermint. But he did change the lemonade for me with no problems.

We ate in the hotel for every breakfast and a fair few dinners. The staff were very friendly and again spoke good English. You were unofficially assigned a waiter and ours had learnt our favourite drinks after two meals and had them waiting for us every night after that. When it was his night off, his colleague also had the correct drinks waiting for us. The breakfast was continental style - coissants, pain au chocolate, pain au raisin but there were also pancakes, olives, ham, eggs, cucumbers and baguettes. There was a large bowl of cornflakes but that is as far as the cereal choices went. Coffee was good but the tea was Lipton which I'm not a fan of. The evening meals were nice. We were staying during Ramadan and they had traditional morrocan buffet's on as a promotion - not sure what they usually serve! The starter was like a salad bar - but not your usual salad: cous cous, rice, okra, carrots, potato, olives, tuna pasta, beetroot, cauliflower... all cold. The mains were slow cooked, tagine style. Fish, Chicken, Lamb, Beef, Lamb Sausages with cous cous with vegetables, pasta or the most amazing saffron potatoes. Puddings ranged from traditional seed cakes, biscuits, macaroons (the kind your expect to have rice paper on the bottom!), meringue, pineapple cake and large slices of fresh melon. It cost us 100 dirhams each for the three courses which was all self service and you could eat as much as you wanted but the main was served to you.

The room itself was on the basic side. Having seen the spec that we would have sattelite TV I didn't expect that we would have 13 channels of French, German and Arabic. There was nothing in English at all so don't expect to be able to watch anything unless you are multi lingual. The shower holder was not present which made bathing interested and the flush on the toilet was not great - didn't really get rid of even the smallest amount of paper. We joked that the cleaners turned on the power flush when they cleaned the room! The towels were changed every day and the bed was made, and floors mopped every day. However, the sheets were not changed the whole time we were there (7 nights). The air conditioning was brilliant over night, not so great during the day but then who wants to be in their hotel room during the day!?! The room was larger than I was expecting but you don't get any fridge and you are not allowed to consume food or drink from off site or you will be charge 50 dirhams.

The wifi was only in the lobby area but it reached out almost to the pool so you could sit outside and surf if you wanted. We were able to use Skype to speak to our little boy at home with Grandma with no problem.

The front desk staff were helpful and all spoke English and were able to change our sterling with no problelm. They arranged our taxi's for us when requested and were able to advise on how much things should cost and what was in the area.

My only advice is that 7 nights is too long in Marrakech - I would advise maybe spending a few days in another Morrocan city and making it a multi destinational holiday

Room Tip: pool side is better