“Totally Spoiled and Indulged!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kasbah Agafay

You added Kasbah Agafay to your Saves list
Kasbah Agafay
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route de Guemassa, Km 20 | Sarl Kenitra limited BP 226, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #103 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Reading, United Kingdom
“Totally Spoiled and Indulged!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We arrived in this haven far out of the city to find we were the only guests - it was like we had won the lottery! The kasbah is a stunning building with amazing rooms and decor, fully refurbished in its traditional guise. Fantastic personal service with a real feeling of attentiveness and just pure indulgence. Amazing hammam massage, mint tea while sat in the pool, cocktails on the terrace and breakfast in the Olive Garden were a few of the delights and the top-end tented suite was stunning and well worth having. Breakfast was superb and plentiful. The set dinner menu was of a good standard but very expensive for what it was as were the drinks, but then so were several of the quality restaurants we ate at in Marrakech which was a surprise. If you just want to escape from life for a few days of relaxation and friendly quality service then this is definitely the place to go.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Knighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

A wonderful place for a honeymoon, with excellent service throughout our stay. Hire a car, travel up into the mountains and meet very friendly locals. Try a cooking lesson, set within the kitchen garden of the hotel. Food outstanding, served on beautiful terraces of your choice - all with stunning views! I would recommend to anyone searching for a romantic getaway :)

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

We absolutely loved our stay at Kasbah Agafay!! it was delightful, rich in moroccan culture and truly relaxing!
Its one of those rare moments in my life where I get to stop and truly appreciate the serenity and the beauty of my environment.
Lovely service, lovely owner, lovely hotel, just lovely!!
Absolutely recommend it!!! xo

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The Kasbah Agafay is absolutely stunning: a beautiful hotel with wonderful views. The staff were incredibly attentive and the food delicious. My partner and I stayed in a tent, which was simply sublime. Thank you for making our stay in Marrakech so perfect.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011 via mobile

I was told about the kasbah agafay by a dear friend of mine who loved travelling in North Africa. He had stayed in countless hotels that often disappointed after being as palaces. However after a single trip to the agafay he knew he had uncovered a real find.

So I trusted his recommendation and decided to celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary there with my wife. Never had we seen such luxury in furnishings, attentiveness of staff and as for the location...just
brilliant. Stunning views and real
character. Morocco at its best.

• Stayed April 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

After receiving an email asking me to review my stay at the hotel, it came as no surprise to see such great reviews. I am however, shocked by the negativity shown in some reviews.

The Kasbah to me is a real retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city, I could have opted for a city hotel but this time I wanted to stay somewhere peaceful and scenic so I could just wind down, sunbathe and relax with my partner. Don't get me wrong, I love the buzz the city has to offer but after a long day of sight seeing and shopping, being able to return to the tranquility and luxury of the Kasbah was just heavenly.

Whenever we wanted to explore the city, the really helpful staff ordered us a car and gave us great recommendations for dining and seeing the sights; the drive didn’t take that long either. The staff were exceptionally helpful and were very willing to go that extra mile to make our stay so easy.

The pool and the outdoor areas are simply breathtaking and to top it off you have these incredible views of the Atlas Mountains. For someone like myself who works long hours, this was just the perfect place for me and partner to switch off and enjoy the tranquility the hotel offered as well as absorb the unspoilt landscape that surrounds the hotel, which I would not have found staying in the heart of Marrakech.

The interior of the hotel is authentic and you can tell that a lot of thought and time was taken in its design. Our bedroom was stunning; we had a great big bath to soak in, which we loved! I am very particular when it comes to where and what I sleep on and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the beds were. It is very rare for me to get a good night sleep but for the duration of my stay, I slept the best I have done in a while.

My partner and I had our first hammam, the treatment involves getting scrubbed by someone from head to toe. We loved every minute of this experience. Once we were finished our skin felt amazing! I also had a massage, which was nice.

I have stayed in a few small luxury hotels but the Kasbah is by far one of my favourites, I love Moroccan food, culture and architecture and this hotel delivered and exceeded my expectations on so many levels! This is definitely the ideal romantic getaway! I cant wait to get some time off and return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

the kasbah provides the perfect loaction for an unforgetable holiday .... stunning food , location and set up , all your needs are catered to in true luxury while your privacy is always respected. Stunning hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Kasbah Agafay? Share your experiences!