“Stunning” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kasbah Agafay

Save Saved
You added Kasbah Agafay to your Saves list
Kasbah Agafay
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Route de Guemassa, Km 20 | Sarl Kenitra limited BP 226, Marrakech 40 000, Morocco   |
Ranked #110 of 460 hotels in Marrakech
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2011

The Kasbah Agafay is absolutely stunning: a beautiful hotel with wonderful views. The staff were incredibly attentive and the food delicious. My partner and I stayed in a tent, which was simply sublime. Thank you for making our stay in Marrakech so perfect.

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011 via mobile

I was told about the kasbah agafay by a dear friend of mine who loved travelling in North Africa. He had stayed in countless hotels that often disappointed after being as palaces. However after a single trip to the agafay he knew he had uncovered a real find.

So I trusted his recommendation and decided to celebrate my 30th wedding anniversary there with my wife. Never had we seen such luxury in furnishings, attentiveness of staff and as for the location...just
brilliant. Stunning views and real
character. Morocco at its best.

• Stayed April 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

After receiving an email asking me to review my stay at the hotel, it came as no surprise to see such great reviews. I am however, shocked by the negativity shown in some reviews.

The Kasbah to me is a real retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city, I could have opted for a city hotel but this time I wanted to stay somewhere peaceful and scenic so I could just wind down, sunbathe and relax with my partner. Don't get me wrong, I love the buzz the city has to offer but after a long day of sight seeing and shopping, being able to return to the tranquility and luxury of the Kasbah was just heavenly.

Whenever we wanted to explore the city, the really helpful staff ordered us a car and gave us great recommendations for dining and seeing the sights; the drive didn’t take that long either. The staff were exceptionally helpful and were very willing to go that extra mile to make our stay so easy.

The pool and the outdoor areas are simply breathtaking and to top it off you have these incredible views of the Atlas Mountains. For someone like myself who works long hours, this was just the perfect place for me and partner to switch off and enjoy the tranquility the hotel offered as well as absorb the unspoilt landscape that surrounds the hotel, which I would not have found staying in the heart of Marrakech.

The interior of the hotel is authentic and you can tell that a lot of thought and time was taken in its design. Our bedroom was stunning; we had a great big bath to soak in, which we loved! I am very particular when it comes to where and what I sleep on and was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable the beds were. It is very rare for me to get a good night sleep but for the duration of my stay, I slept the best I have done in a while.

My partner and I had our first hammam, the treatment involves getting scrubbed by someone from head to toe. We loved every minute of this experience. Once we were finished our skin felt amazing! I also had a massage, which was nice.

I have stayed in a few small luxury hotels but the Kasbah is by far one of my favourites, I love Moroccan food, culture and architecture and this hotel delivered and exceeded my expectations on so many levels! This is definitely the ideal romantic getaway! I cant wait to get some time off and return.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2011

the kasbah provides the perfect loaction for an unforgetable holiday .... stunning food , location and set up , all your needs are catered to in true luxury while your privacy is always respected. Stunning hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011 via mobile

The kasbah is heavenly hidden gem and I am so pleased I chose it. The service, food and facilities were outstanding and it was wonderful to find an ambient tranquil hotel away from the activity of Marrakech. The staff were very accommodating and made every effort to make our holiday more relaxing and enjoyable.

The decor was beautiful and our room was stunning. The bath was so large it was almost like having a private jacuzzi! It is an exquisite romantic location and the spa was a perfect  pampering experience that was much appreciated after a busy day in the city.

I wouldn't hesitate to give my highest recommendation for this hotel, as it gave me amazing memories of a paradise outside of Marrakech that will be hard to match and that I will never forget.

• Stayed June 2011
Breckenridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

Absolute paradise with impecable service in the most beautiful and serene environment I've ever encountered. Food was divine and we were treated like royalty, I would be back there in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have just seen some of the comments below and i am very shocked at what i have read. I enjoyed my stay at the Kasbah Agafay very much. At first when I arrived I didnt know what to expect, but after being at the hotel for 30 mins I felt like i was at home. The staff that work here are very warm and friendly. The food was lovely and tasty. The hotel gives you the feeling that you are staying in a Palace with little courtyards. The stairs that take you from room to room feels like your on an adventure. It is a quite hotel but thats the beauty of it. You get the chance to completly unwind and relax. I loved this property for the uniqueness and the fact that you know that you are staying in Morocco and not in a hotel that could be anywhere. I would highly recommened this hotel and believe me I know what I like and whats luxury having travelled the world and stayed at different hotels! If you are looking for something different then stay at the Kasbah Agafay and let yourself be taken by the ambience of the hotel. I will be going back soon!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to Kasbah Agafay? Share your experiences!