“Unexpectedly Bad Welcome” 1 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohammed VI, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #283 of 469 Hotels in Marrakech
“Unexpectedly Bad Welcome”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Being a Gold SPG Memeber been getting treat very well all over but. At this hotel the ladies at reception had a very bad impression, you need to train them how to deal with a guest and when I told them I am gold member she said Ya Ya I know and she gave me little tiny twins bed I told her beginning I want king size she told me no v wl give U tomorrow today whole hotel is badly full. And then I entered room after seeing those tiny beds I called her and said this is not what I expected I need at least queen size bed or else I will write a review on tripadvisor she told me wait 5 min and thn within 5min housekeeping was in my room to change me to room King size bed which was just opposite to the old room she gave me.... Same time ... So I would really appreciate tripadvisor to train this people how to have respect and fulfill the customers satisfaction sply for the members who prefer to stay at SPG.. HOPE I will get the answer.. Regards Nasim Shaikh

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you want because at reception they are very lazy and least bother to give you...
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Service wise this was probably one of the best hotels I stayed at. The entire staff was friendly, everyone from the housekeepers to the Concierge were fantastic. I was surprised and impressed by everyone. When I first checked in the bellman escorted me to the room and showed me around, which is something I haven't seen much of at Starwood properties as one would think . Its something I would expect in a 5 star 5 diamond hotel.

As far as the property goes, there was good and bad. The tower I was in was separate from the the main hotel. You didn't have to walk far, but you had to walk outside and Marrakech is cold at night. I also felt my room and the whole hotel was cold in general. Maybe because they do leave some the doors open leading to the outside, but whatever the reason it was colder compared to other Starwood hotels which was not comfortable. The hotel is in a great location, it is walk able to Jemaa el Fna Square and Koutoubia Mosque. There is also Grand Mammounia Casino that is within walking distance too. It is about 10 dirhams to the airport by cab. The nearest ATM unfortunately is outside the hotel and down the street about 7 minute walk at a local bank. Outside there is a huge shopping mall under construction. I was not impressed with the food there. I did not try the breakfast, but I order some Moroccan lamb steak, and it was not good.

The Concierge desk was great, Taoufiq and Youssef were so helpful with their knowledge of the city. Even prior to my arrival, they had been corresponding with me regarding tours and shuttle pickups. Imad at the Front Desk is another outstanding member of this staff. He's so friendly and patient, you can ask him so many questions and you never feel rushed by him.

Overall, this is a hotel with 5 star service with average amenities. I felt the price was fair, as I used points and cash.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Lasvegaschamp,

I’d like to thank you for sharing with us some of your memories regarding your stay at
Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

We are so delighted to know that you have spent enjoyable moments in our property through the service you’ve been offered.

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding some areas in our property, but be sure that your notes was already forwarded to the managers concerned in order to avoid such incidents in the future and meet your expectations.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another trip.

Best Regards.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel was available for 3000 Starpoints a night, which makes it a fantastic value, especially considering most Marrakech hotels are pretty expensive. I wouldn't pay the rates they are asking to stay here however. The place could definitely use some renovation, the rooms have really thin walls and are a bit worn down (though clean). The location is decent, about a 15 or so minute walk to the Medina.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Alek V,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’Fis,

We thank you for taking the time to share with us your feed-back regarding your last stay at Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech.

All your notes have been already shared with the departments dealing with those areas in order to avoid such inconvenience in the future and exceed our guests expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Le Meridien N’Fis.

Best Regards from colorful & wonderful Marrakech!

Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a great stay at Le Meridien N'Fis. It is very close to the airport, but also close to the Marrakech centre of town, easily walkable to the Jemaa el-Fnaa square.

I was upgraded to a suite as a SPG Gold. Check-in was efficient late at night, and service was friendly.

My suite was huge, with dining table and two sofas. Wi-fi was reliable, but power outlets were hard to find.

One of the highlights of my stay was the beautiful pool, where you can spend hours soaking up the sun.

This is a solid Starwood property.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear keithvan,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’Fis Team,

We are so delighted to know that your stay at our property as an SPG member was a great success. Now you are one of our ambassadors abroad to tell the full and true story about our property, the efficiency of our staff, and the excellent service provided by them to turn your stay at Le Meridien N’Fis into an amazing experience, full of professional and energetic service adequate to Starwood standards and Moroccan hospitality traditions.

Best Regards from colorful & amazing Marrakech!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After arriving here late, reception couldn't of been more helpful, staff were friendly and went the extra mile to assist and ensure we had a fabulous stay, arranging tours and taking care of collection times etc. House keeping were lovely, breakfast was a huge variety and all lovely. Cannot wait to return. This hotel made our stay.

• Stayed February 2015
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Chester-Tyler,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your wonderful feed-back regarding your stay at Le Meridien N’Fis.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another unforgettable trip full of great customer service, where you’ll continue to discover more and more amazing sides regarding our property and Moroccan hospitality.

Best Regards from energetic and wonderful Marrakech!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for 1 night during a company conference felt this hotel is nice located near the centre of Marrakech (as well as close to the airport). The service level is high and very helpful.

15 mininutes walk to the famous market and located opposite a luxnious shopping mall (which was not yet opened).

Although some hardward might be a bit used/ dated, it is very pleasant to stay in this hotel and the breakfast choice is plenty.

Would recommand for its value and service!

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear yangmark,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’Fis Team,

We are so delighted to know that you have spent a very good stay at our property during your business trip.

We are also glad of this opportunity to have you as one of our new faithful ambassadors abroad in order to share the true story about our property and the quality of service and staff which have turned your stay into an unforgettable experience.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis your second address in Marrakech.

Best Regards.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Recently I stayed with Le Meridien N'Fis. It is my second stay and without a doubt this stay was amazing. On arrival I have been assistated with my luggage met and greeted with a big smile. A very warm welcome by every one in the lobby gave me a sense of being at home. At the reception the service was excellent providing me with a fast check-in. The receptionist asked a bellman to escort me to my room assisting me with the luggage. He was very friendly and helpful he was also aware of all facilities within the hotel. This explains how far is the company providing sustainable training to its staff. When I entered the room I was surprised that I was upgraeded to a better room than the one I booked. All my preferences and requests were fulfilled which explains the uncompromising service the hotel is providing.The view the bed type everything were perfect. Rooms are clean warm and accommodating. After few minutes of check-in I received a call to ensure that everything is OK and if I liked the room? It was a very unique touch of care and a bespoke service from the hotel customer service.

I would like to mention housekeeping guys they are amazing. In every and each time I meet them on the colidors they greet me with a genuine smile. They kept my room clean and fresh all the time. A big thank you goes to them.

On my departure day a noise coming from outside waked me in the early morning. There was an event on the main street blocking the road for almost 5 hours. Guests werw supposed to be informed by an servive desk or at least to place an apologizing letter in the room explaing what's going on. Still I have to admit that upon check out the cashier gently inquired about my stay which was a memorable one and very personalized.

I would like to extend my sincere appreciation to every one who made my journey and my stay a lovely one.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear RajiC,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’Fis Team,

We thank you so much for sharing with us your wonderful souvenirs regarding your second stay at Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech.

Now you’re one of our faithful ambassadors abroad, whom forward truly and spontaneously the whole script regarding our property, specially when you have described our Staff, and how you felt so comfortable in our rooms.

We hope to welcome you back at Le Meridien N’Fis for more amazing discoveries at your second home address.

Best Regards from colorful & wonderful Marrakech!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Le Meridien N'Fis? Share your experiences!