“Good location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #259 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
London, United Kingdom
“Good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Location and facilities were good but they charged for wifi in the rooms. The breakfast was well presented with plenty of food. Frequently there were no complimentary water and we had to call room service.The rooms were clean but the AC was not very effective. The staff were polite and spoke good english.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

941 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here a year ago and had a completely different experience. Yes, the hotels rooms are in need of an upgrade but for the value they are spacious and clean. The pool and grounds are great but the best thing is the concierge!

Now the bad news....the staff at the front desk is rude and not helpful. I had to wait 45-1 hour for my room even thought I was checking in 4 PM (and I am a SPG Platinum Member!) The staff seemed annoyed and it took three calls to get someone to come up and fix the safe and the shower (it wouldn't drain.) I felt sorry for the employee running the snack bar at the pool since it was one man despite the fact that the pool was so crowded that you couldn't get a seat. Even when he ran out of supplies such as ice, he had to run and refill them himself (which often meant waiting 30-45 minutes when you went up to the bar. Breakfast included orange drink instead of orange juice (in a country with oranges running 20 cents per kilo, this is a shame:( Finally when I checked out my bill was incorrect and it took some arguing to get it fixed (e.g. the menus at the pool say 20% off for SPG members. When I mentioned this they said it was taken off but I reminded them that I looked at the prices and it wasn't included. Then they said they don't offer 20% off to SPG members so I offered to go get the menu and then they finally took the 20% off.) I hope management improves since I really did enjoy staying here just one year ago!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at the Le Meridien N'F is on a business trip in July. This is my second visit to lovely Marrakech but my first stay at the Meridien. While the staff were friendly and helpful, the food great and the gardens and pool lovely, I found the rooms to be outdated. This is not to state that the rooms were not clean; in fact, the cleanliness levels of the property in general was good. The location of the hotel is good too, within a 15-minute walk to the souks and a 20 min drive to the airport. While I enjoyed my stay at the Meredien, I would recommend that the hotel commences renovations to its rooms. That would make this property a real attractive option to stay in.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Responsable commercial at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Upala,

Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

We are so delighted to know that you have appreciated the property.

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding the rooms, but be sure that all your notes have been shared with the team management in order to recover our shortcoming and exceed your expectations in the future.

paris
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Thank goodness the hotel has a lovely pool. On the other hand, it's open only limited hours. Some of the staff is quite helpful, others clearly dislike their jobs and couldn't be more unpleasant.
What's crazy is that you see the same wait staff at all hours of the day!
There is nothing near the hotel, which makes me wonder how another reader could say it's perfectly placed! One must take a taxi if one wants to go to any of the Gueliz restaurants or shops. I love a good walk, but not necessarily in heels. The medina is a good 15-20 minutes away by foot. We were there during Ramadan when there are few to no taxis about after nightfall. The internet is unreliable. The food and spa are vastly overpriced.

Room Tip: The cleaning staff tends to be very noisy (banging trolleys around), very talkative and that if the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear debellechasse,

Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

All your valuable and positive remarks are an added value to keep providing the best service in order to better meet your expectations.

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding some areas in our property such as:
Food and SPA prices, be sure that they are adjusted to our category and in line with competitors.

We wish welcoming you back at Le Meridien N’Fis.

Best Regards from colorful & wonderful Marrakech!

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

That's essentially the gist of it; the big thing is that I wouldn't have chosen this hotel without the incredible exchange rate of SPG points per night per room (3500 per night for a 2 person room), making it a free stay. I imagine, if I had to pay for it, I'd be pretty disappointed.

There was nothing particularly awful about the place; the rooms were large and comfortable. The bathrooms were clean and spic-and-span. It was just that the entire hotel is obviously due for a renovation and it shows. It's very, very old and I don't think the maintenance has been kept up. The pool was the exception, but aside from a few people here and there, rarely did we see people using it. The place is dated and it shows.

The internet was free due to SPG program, but the coverage was spotty and unreliable; taking a look at the rates, I found it to be expensive. If you were there for work, this would have pissed you off.

The thing is that the staff? Super nice and helpful. So if you're looking for a personal touch, this would be a good hotel for that. We were having an argument with a local taxi driver (classic told us one thing, quoted us another at the end), and we had someone come out and assist us.

Marrakech is gorgeous, and the medina is amazing. But if I was paying, I'd probably choose a different hotel, closer to the Koutoubia.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear cherylph,

Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

We are so delighted to know that you have appreciated the staff, room and pool area.

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding some issues, but be sure that all could be solved once you’ve called the duty manager.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

I have been to this hotel 4 times now and although as previously reviewed it is a little outdated I found it as charming and comfortable as ever. The staff are lovely and many of them have been there since my first visit over 10 years ago but they still remember me every time. The hotel is perfectly placed for the new area of the city and the "hop on hop off" bus stops right outside so perfect for sightseeing the old city too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Debbie19580809,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’Fis Team,

We are so delighted to know that you have spent a very good stay at our property after ten years, and how much you still appreciate the hotel.

We are also glad of this opportunity to have you as one of our faithful ambassadors abroad in order to share the true story about our property and the quality of service which have turned your trip into an unforgettable experience.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another unforgettable trip.

Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This hotel is in need of an update. The restaurant is very average and the breakfast very disapointing. We were there for a meeting and the meals provided for our lunch were great. Expensive and not reliable internet with the only unhelpful member of staff I encountered in charge of it. Fabulous pool, but getting old and needing a bit of a tidy-up and clean. A short taxi ride to either the new city or the old.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear helenmcd,

Le Meridien N’Fis hotel.

We are so delighted to know that you have appreciated the pool and the meal provided during the lunch meeting.

We have noticed your dissatisfaction regarding the breakfast and the WiFi, but be sure that all your notes were forwarded to the managers concerned in order to avoid such incidents in the future and meet your expectations.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Le Meridien N'Fis? Share your experiences!