“Ideally Located, Exceptional Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Le Meridien N'Fis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohammed VI, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #283 of 467 Hotels in Marrakech
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Ideally Located, Exceptional Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Dear all

I have just completed a six day stay at le Meridien N'Fis in Marrakech. It was my fourth stay in three years. I visit as a business tourist but also revel in the energy and vibrancy of such a wonderful city.

You may wonder why someone who works in the luxury hospitality sector choses to stay in a four star superior brand rather than competitive products such as Sofitel or El Saadi or Mogador which are a little more polished than Le Meridien. You may also ask the same question when you read some of the recent reviews criticising the room standards.

The reason why I do is quite simple: The staff and the service.

The Le Meridien team is exceptional. Their devotion to providing solutions, assisting guests from all over the world whether on business or pleasure, and their constant ability to follow through on requests is more important to me than the occasional bit of flaky paint.

The issues of the hotel looking 'a little dated and tired' are in some cases correct but these minor faults lie at the foot of the Group Head Office and not with the team at the hotel. Reviews that comment on those faults without mentioning the service and delivery given by the Meridien team are not telling the full story. There are far more important things to consider when you come to Marrakech.

Here are some examples of the problem solving that may resonate with readers who travel a lot. Please note the the solutions:

*Wake up calls - always on time - never missed. This is a bug-bear of mine.
*Room Cleaning - Exceptional. I was almost embarrassed how tidy my room was when I returned each night because I knew that I had left it so messed up. Everything was folded put away or hung up. All my money I left out was neatly placed on my side board, with fresh towels and fresh bed linen everyday. The chambermaid was so very helpful and did an amazing job.
*Beds - Best nights sleep in months!
*Bathrooms - I missed having a shower cubicle but having a bath/shower was fine. Hot water always on demand. Amenities were excellent and so was lighting.
*Internet was weak in my room - Front office met with me and the IT manager and helped me move to a room where the internet was fast so I could work.
*Taxis - arranged on request efficiently and effectively and advised on those all important fares....
*Airport transfers - bang on!
* Warm Greetings - by the front office, management and porters and doormen.
*Recommendations - Always gave good advice on restaurants, where to go and what to see.

This dedication to customer care is what I look for in a hotel and this is what Le Meridien N'fis delivers at a reasonable rate and in a prime location. I therefore can forgive the rest.

I am an SPG member, something I recommend to anyone travelling to the Starwood family of hotels. Not only do I benefit from my Star points from staying here - points which I can use anywhere in the world to reduce my costs on hotels, and flights - I benefit from the kind and generous attention given to me on my return. Youssef - Head Concierge - and his front office team are the embodiment of hospitality and for that I thank them.

Anyone therefore considering coming to Marrakech for a weekend break, or perhaps on business - SPG memeber or not - rest assured that the N'fis team will be there to do all they can to help. That's my experience on the hotel and I have no reason to doubt that they offer that service to all comers.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with good internet coverage.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Jasobar007,

Warm Greetings from Le Meridien N’fis Team,

We are so so delighted to know that your stay at our property as an Spg member was a great success. We are also glad of this opportunity to have you as one of our ambassadors in Tripadvisor to tell the full and true story about the efficiency of our staff, and the excellent service provided by them to turn your experience at Le Meridien N’fis into an amazing experience, full of professional and energetic service adequate to Starwood standards and Moroccan hospitality traditions.

We thank you so much for your valuable remarks; and hope welcoming you for the fifth time in order to discover more and more wonderful things at your second home address in Marrakech.

Best Regards from colorful & amazing Marrakech!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reading
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here 7-11 November - our first trip to Marrakech.
The hotel has a good location - a 15 minute walk to the medina. Close enough to access everything but far enough away to get some peace and quiet too.
Breakfast was fine - although very small glasses for the fruit juice! Fresh Moroccan Pancakes, an egg station, a good selection of cheeses, salads, pasties and fruit - Can't complain!
We ate lunch in the poolside restaurant most days and again no complaints - the salads are fresh - just what you need when it's hot!
We enjoyed Sheesha in the bar a couple of nights and again the staff were friendly and the atmosphere relaxed.
Hotel Staff were friendly and helpful and the sun loungers although tired were really comfy! The grounds are pretty and the pool clean. It was also nice to sit by a pool where there was music but it wasn't irritating or blaring out at you.
Overall it's a good hotel but is quite tired in places and needs a refurb. Our room was clean but just a bit worn out!
Would definitely go back if it was given a bit of a smarten up :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Skinkminky,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment.
We are so delighted to know how much you have appreciated the hotel, general facilities, atmosphere and staff’s attention.

We take notice about the size of fruit juice glasses, wish will be taken into consideration. We also inform you that the eye opener shots at restaurant entrance are a Meridien Standard and represents a welcome drink before you start your breakfast.

We thank you for your valuable remarks which are an added value to keep improving our services in order to satisfy your expectations and turning your stay into an unforgettable.

Best Regards from Marrakech!

Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Mold in bathroom, room not available at check in, broken room safe, broken sixties vintage hair dryer, broken lid on bathroom trash can, dated room and hall decor. Duplicate key given and room number given out to third party without request for identification.

Positives are nice gardens and grounds, welcome basket of fruit and water, WiFi in room.

This property is not up to Starwood standards.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Susan,

Thank you for your comments regarding you recent stay with us at Le Meridien N’Fis.
We are deeply sorry that in many aspects, we couldn’t meet your expectations.

We respect firmly all standards with regards to room key delivery.
In this regards, we would like to clarify that:

As you have mentioned to us in a separate comment, a key card was indeed delivered to your husband shortly after the check-in process, and as your husband was well known by our Reception associates, we wouldn’t bothering him by asking a second time about the ID card.

We trust this clarifies the situation, and please feel free to contact us at reservations.01817@lemeridien.com

Best Regards from Marrakech.

Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

'The bedroom is quite basically furnished - not quite what you would expect from a Meridien - but the worst was the bathroom - really did not look clean - with mildew and loose tiles.'

'All in all it is not meridien standard , and obviously not a 5 stars hotel.'

I agree with the comments of these other posters:
Last September I invited 5 guests to join me on a birthday trip to Marrakech. I returned to my favorite hotel for my 4th visit. Sadly -- All my guests and I were disappointed with the decor and cleanliness of the rooms. The service was excellent, attentive and warm but this hotel needs a good re-do!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This is NOT a 5-star hotel any more and I can't see how it can continue marketing itself as one in its current state. We've stayed and many Starwood owned hotels in the past and never been disappointed so how could they let standards slip so badly in this one. Having said that though this was advertised by Starwood as a Category: 2 5-star hotel but nowhere on their website do they mention what one can expect from a Cat 2 establishment. If we had had access to this information it might have set our expectations at a different level or we may not have chosen to stay at the hotel.

Anyway the good first. The location of the hotel was excellent being in the up market area of the new town of Marrakesh yet within walking distance of the medina, souks and various attractions that tourists like to frequent. The gardens are also fabulous and in our view much better than the gardens at the famous La Mamounia hotel. We found the DSM to be charming and he took time to listen to some of our complaints.

The bad. It was the hotel buildings and amenities themselves. They were worn out and in desperate need of renovation. The buildings and furnishings were utilitarian, lacking warmth and any feeling of luxury whatsoever. The bars, restaurants and inside common areas were uninviting and had a 1970's look about them. The pool was so cold and the grills around the edge of it broken in some places with pieces of plastic sticking up that in my view could easily injure a child or adult if they should slip or fall there.

The ugly. It was food on offer apart from one evening meal we had in the Moroccan restaurant there which was average. The breakfast buffet and evening international buffet were the worst I've ever experience with the selection and quality of food being served extremely poor. The staff in the restaurants didn't appear to be trained well with three staff one day serving us in one instance each of whom didn't seem to know what we'd said to the others. In the bar we had to return food twice as what was served up did not fit the description in the menu. Room service was a little better but even there one night the waiter had to come back with items he'd forgotten from our order. OK the cocktails in the bar, despite a limited selection, were good.

There is a message in the above for both Starwood and the manager of this hotel. The competing hotels in the same area knock spots off this hotel and the competition is only going to get stronger as the new hotels under construction close by open for business soon. With the right investment in refurbishing the hotel and amenities plus a vastly improved F&B offering you still have the chance of winning through as your location and gardens can't be beaten.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience we may have caused to you and be assured that your comments & remarks will be taken into serious consideration in order to improve our facilities and quality of service to meet your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you at Le Meridien N’Fis and be able to meet your expectations.

Farnham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

My first impression was that this was quite a nice hotel : pretty gardens, outside bar area and pool, however it did not stand up to closer scrutiny. Generally in need of refurbishment but my main issue was room temperature at night. It was still hot at this time of year, with daytime temperatures of 36 degrees + and I was not convinced the clanking noisy A/C was actually working properly. Hence did not really sleep too well the whole time.
The restaurant had more of canteen feel about it and food distinctly average, but I liked the outside bar particularly the olive salad nibbles. WiFi was a bit patchy. Location of Hotel was OK.
If I returned to Marrakech I would probably look for an alternative.

Room Tip: Check if your room is in good WiFi Coverage area
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Rabat, Morocco
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

Location of the hotel is good , also staff are polite and helpful. but rooms are very old and need immediate renovation especially beds sheets , carpets , chairs and curtains , bathrooms , towels.

Views from koutoubia building is very bad , from atlas is better.breakfast is good but not interesting so I skipped it twice in 3 nights.

No entertainment activities for guests and especially for kids.

All in all it is not meridien standard , and obviously not a 5 stars hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Le Meridien N'Fis? Share your experiences!