“Simply fine” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #256 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Simply fine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

When I was looking for hotels in Marrakech, I wanted a chain hotel in a decent area that also provided airport transportation to avoid messing around playing the "lets get ripped off by the taxi driver game". So, this hotel was chosen.

The hotel is fine. It is nothing special compared to mainland European hotels of the same star rating, but the rooms where clean and comfortable. A refresh of the rooms is needed as it is starting to show some age.

I stayed in a twin room. The room is large and certainly had enough space. 3 bottles of water where provided in the room as well a fruit bowel, complimentary. The water was a very welcome touch due to the heat! The fruit seemed like it had been out for a long time and had seen better days, so we left that.
Rooms do have air conditioning, although not very powerful. Rooms open up onto a very small balcony with just enough room to stand on, but its better then nothing. The door did not lock, which was very odd and it seemed the lock had not only been broken, but removed some time ago.
A table and two chairs are also in the room which is ideal for relaxing away from the heat.
The TV had limited English speaking channels with a very fuzzy picture which did not concern us too much as we where not there to use the TV. It seemed this was an issue throughout the hotel as the TVs in reception had an equally poor display.

The bathroom seemed quite dated with a few stained floor tiles. Complimentary toiletries are provided, however we seemed to have 3 half used shower gels and 1 full shampoo which is not very good of the cleaning staff. There is a small sign in the bathroom informing guests that the water from the taps is drinkable.

WI-FI is chargeable in the hotel. Reception staff where not the friendliest, however where not rude. Check-in was straightforward and quick.
As mentioned at the start, the hotel provides a shuttle "bus" which turned out to be a large people carrier. Although more then a taxi, its a set price and avoids the need to barter with taxi drivers. The car driver was in the arrivals hall at the airport with a sign with our names on. This service can be arranged by e-mailing the hotel direct. We also arranged return transport using the hotels transport. The journey is just under 10 minutes.

Breakfast is served as a large buffet and was quite impressive with a good selection on offer including made to order omelettes.

The hotel is a 15 minute walk along 1 road to the train station and a 25-30 minute walk to the old city. The area is safe both during the day and night. Both walks are easy and the hotel can provide maps and information.

The hotel has quite an impressive garden area between the hotel lobby and the guest rooms in a large outdoor open area which also leads to the nice setting for the swimming pool.
A selection of bars and restaurants are in the hotel although I did not use apart from breakfast and a drink on our last hour, which was a good price for a hotel.

A few flaws here but overall is fine. Don't expect a 5 star hotel and you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech.

We were very sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with the service you were offered, please accept our sincere apologies for any convenience caused. Please be assured that your comments & remarks will be taken into serious consideration in order to improve our quality of service to meet our clients needs.

We look forward to welcoming you at Le Meridien N’Fis and be able to meet your expectations.

1,051 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My room was very nice - the basics were well-covered. Clean, larger room, bed and pillows were good, the bathroom was good (look for the electric socket on the back of hair dryer assembly), air conditioner worked well, good lighting, good room-darkening curtains, pretty quiet. My room faced southeast, toward the street, so I heard some traffic noise (music, motorcycles, etc), but not bad. Ask for a NE or NW facing room to minimize. No iron, but they deliver, no problem. Safe worked, but you REALLY have to push and hold the buttons. I don't know why.

There is only one formal restaurant (buffet only), but there is a bar (we did not use it due to cigarette smoke) and you can order off the bar menu for dinner. Breakfasts and dinners were very good - lots of variety on the buffet. Lunch is available pool-side. I didn't try room service.

The grounds are beautiful. Really nice gardens, nice pool, comfortable feel. Large footprint (you can see for yourself on Google Earth) which gives a nice feeling of open space and buffering from other nearby properties.

Talk to Youssef, the concierge, for any of your needs. He is super-helpful. He recommended off-site restaurants (within walking distance) that were excellent, and he set up a tour of the Atlas Mountains that ended up being the highlight of the trip. He set us up with Mohammed, and I would recommend Mohammed without question. He was very engaging, spoke very good English, and gave us a very thorough, informative, and enjoyable tour.

I'm a pilot and see a lot of hotels. For the price, this hotel offers good value, and all in all, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: North-facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your outstanding experience at the hotel.

We are so happy to know that your stay was a great success and most of your expectations were met.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing
Trip where you’ll continue to discover more and more wonderful areas at le Meridien N’Fis.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was terrified of staying here after reading the OLDER reviews on Trip Advisor, but trust me, this hotel will be going from 3000 SPG points to 12,000 in a short period of time. They have renovated it and the grounds are equivalent to any 5* US property.
We were on the Gold SPG Floor and our room was very nice, clean and modern. We ordered off the menu and I had a mushroom omelet for the equivalent of $4 US dollars that came with toast, as we used points and those did not include the $25 US dollar per person breakfast. Wi-fi was free and excellent throughout the hotel. The bar is great and serves snacks, the pool area amazingly huge, the store in the hotel had some great clothes and pocketbooks. While we were waiting for our ride to the airport, the manager was very accommodating and offered to let us order room service in the bar while watching Wimbledon, and was helpful when I made a costly phone call, adjusted the bill for me.

The location is a 2 minute cab ride from the main square, or you can walk in 15 minutes to a lot of places. This is in the up and coming area of town where they are building a Hard Rock and huge shopping mall.

I would still recommend the experience of staying in a Riad in the Medina at least one night, going into the desert, and then staying here to relax or do more day trips from here, especially before they raise their rates.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, July 18, 2013

Palmerston North, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were really impressed by the appearance of this property. Beautiful gardens, incredible foyer, great pool area, nice cafe by the pool, cool haven away from the heat of the street.
Then we stayed!
Our room was swelteringly hot. Aircon not working. Spoke to Fatima at reception, and asked for
it to be fixed before we returned from our evening out. Arrived back at 10pm and nothing had been done. Called at reception, Fatima assured us she had called the service man (not). Asked for another room. Was assured that the room would be fixed in 15 minutes. Serviceman arrived promptly, and removed a filter from the aircon intake that had completely blocked up with dirt. impossible to operate. a 5 min clean and we were OK, but the room took more than 24 hours to cool, as everything was hot - tiles, drapes, bedding. OK thereafter.
Next issue was the door magnetic card key. We had to return to reception 7 times to get the card replaced or recharged. It was not stored by us in any place that could affect it, but we were treated with skepticism until finally a porter went with us to prove that it would not work, and immediately called a service man who reprogrammed the door mechanism and it worked fine from then on. Again poor attention to issues was a bit disheartening.
Another issue was the towels - removed while we were at breakfast, and never replaced until we requested them late afternoon. The room was serviced during the day, but still no towels. Most annoying when you want to wash before going out, or returning during the day.
Another of the guests had the door key problem - he tried to call reception from the phone by the lift, and the phone dropped to the floor.
Our hair dryer disintegrated in the hand during use. and one foot fell off the lounge chair while moving it
Good things -breakfast, most of the junior staff very helpful, and cafe meals were great.
This hotel promises 5 star facilities through its appearance but has a Fawlty Towers feel about it.

Room Tip: Check all your services are working when you arrive. Should then be a good stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous, first of all. While it may not be one of the newest hotels, it is truly relaxing and lovely. My husband and I stayed in a suite which was absolutely lovely, with fresh flower arrangements and fruit bowl each day.
The service here is first-rate. The concierge, Youssef, was beyond helpful. He even called us from his home after his shift to ensure a task we had asked for had been completed. All staff is extremely helpful and respectful.
We booked this hotel using points from Starwood but even if we hadn't had that opportunity, I would recommend staying here. Just lovely :)

Room Tip: go for a suite if you can!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hotel is a bit old but still furniture a little dated.
The buffet breakfast was a bit sad - poor selection of food.
It's also a little far from the medina - average about a 20 to 25 minute walk. Cabs cost about 50dh (grande cab) or 30dh (petite cab) which is ridiculous for the 2 mins ride , but it seems to be the standard price.
Concierge is very helpful and we rented a car and driver for a day to head up to Imili Valley. Driver was excellent but I would give Imili a pass next time if you don't intend to hike.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to know how much you have appreciated the service.

All your valuable notes will be an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy your expectations during your next trip to Le Meridien N’Fis.

Best Regards from sunny Marrakech!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks on business. The hotel is reasonably pleasant, and I wasn't paying I didn't feel I had too much to complain about, but might have been disappointed if I'd booked a holiday there.

The gardens are pretty, the pool is nice and the bar and food is quite good. I thought the breakfast was good. The mint tea is fantastic.

HOWEVER, the air conditioning in my room was useless. Huge ants kepted popping into my room to say hello. My sheets had a distinctive orange stain on the edge which I noticed after a couple of days, and which demonstrated that my sheets were not changed for 10 DAYS (I checked, but didn't complain since once a week at home is acceptable, and I just slept on the other side of the bed on week two!), and I don't think this is normal for a hotel. The towels were changed daily, but they looked pretty old and dirty. The wifi isn't great.

I can put up with a lot if I get a good night's sleep, but unfortunately trolleys from the restaurant buffet (I think) were rattling through the guest corridors (shortcut to the kitchen?!) late at night, EVERY night, and housekeeping make a right noise from early in the morning, so there's no chance of a lie in!

The one thing that would stop me from returning to Le Meridien and from recommending to anyone would be the fact that several items clothing were stolen from my room. I hoped I was mistaken until I got home and checked my case again. THREE of my tops (I left my unworn tops in my suitcase, and draped my worn clothes over the back of a chair. Presumably the maid thought I wouldn't notice because I wouldn't wear them again, but she chose the wrong girl. And the wrong tops!!!!! I feel awful about it since she seemed sweet and I left her a tip. I also noticed that a pair of expensive sandals had been pushed well under the bed (not by me!), and if I hadn't checked under the bed just as I was leaving she would've got her grubby little mitts on those too!

I will never stay here again, and I would warn you against booking here unless you can lock away all of your possessions when you leave your room. I'm always careful not to leave anything valuable lying around, but I could never have imagined that my clothes would be stolen! It's simply appalling. I Googled "clothes theft le meridien marrakech" and it seems like this is not an isolated incident. This hotel has a problem with housekeeping theft. I have travelled a lot and stayed in many, many hotels, and this has never happened to me before. I've never even heard of anyone having clothes stolen from a hotel room!

I fell in love with Marrakech during my time there, but this has really left a bad taste in my mouth and quite frankly ruined my impression of the place.

I have reported to Le Meridien and to the hotel itself. Let's see what they come up with. I will update with the outcome. In the meantime, avoid!

• Stayed June 2013

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Le Meridien N'Fis? Share your experiences!