“Very comfortable stay, and great concierge!” 5 of 5 stars

Le Meridien N'Fis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohammed VI, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #267 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
Denver, Colorado
“Very comfortable stay, and great concierge!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My room was very nice - the basics were well-covered. Clean, larger room, bed and pillows were good, the bathroom was good (look for the electric socket on the back of hair dryer assembly), air conditioner worked well, good lighting, good room-darkening curtains, pretty quiet. My room faced southeast, toward the street, so I heard some traffic noise (music, motorcycles, etc), but not bad. Ask for a NE or NW facing room to minimize. No iron, but they deliver, no problem. Safe worked, but you REALLY have to push and hold the buttons. I don't know why.

There is only one formal restaurant (buffet only), but there is a bar (we did not use it due to cigarette smoke) and you can order off the bar menu for dinner. Breakfasts and dinners were very good - lots of variety on the buffet. Lunch is available pool-side. I didn't try room service.

The grounds are beautiful. Really nice gardens, nice pool, comfortable feel. Large footprint (you can see for yourself on Google Earth) which gives a nice feeling of open space and buffering from other nearby properties.

Talk to Youssef, the concierge, for any of your needs. He is super-helpful. He recommended off-site restaurants (within walking distance) that were excellent, and he set up a tour of the Atlas Mountains that ended up being the highlight of the trip. He set us up with Mohammed, and I would recommend Mohammed without question. He was very engaging, spoke very good English, and gave us a very thorough, informative, and enjoyable tour.

I'm a pilot and see a lot of hotels. For the price, this hotel offers good value, and all in all, it was a great stay.

Room Tip: North-facing rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your outstanding experience at the hotel.

We are so happy to know that your stay was a great success and most of your expectations were met.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing
Trip where you’ll continue to discover more and more wonderful areas at le Meridien N’Fis.

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I was terrified of staying here after reading the OLDER reviews on Trip Advisor, but trust me, this hotel will be going from 3000 SPG points to 12,000 in a short period of time. They have renovated it and the grounds are equivalent to any 5* US property.
We were on the Gold SPG Floor and our room was very nice, clean and modern. We ordered off the menu and I had a mushroom omelet for the equivalent of $4 US dollars that came with toast, as we used points and those did not include the $25 US dollar per person breakfast. Wi-fi was free and excellent throughout the hotel. The bar is great and serves snacks, the pool area amazingly huge, the store in the hotel had some great clothes and pocketbooks. While we were waiting for our ride to the airport, the manager was very accommodating and offered to let us order room service in the bar while watching Wimbledon, and was helpful when I made a costly phone call, adjusted the bill for me.

The location is a 2 minute cab ride from the main square, or you can walk in 15 minutes to a lot of places. This is in the up and coming area of town where they are building a Hard Rock and huge shopping mall.

I would still recommend the experience of staying in a Riad in the Medina at least one night, going into the desert, and then staying here to relax or do more day trips from here, especially before they raise their rates.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, July 18, 2013

Palmerston North, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

We were really impressed by the appearance of this property. Beautiful gardens, incredible foyer, great pool area, nice cafe by the pool, cool haven away from the heat of the street.
Then we stayed!
Our room was swelteringly hot. Aircon not working. Spoke to Fatima at reception, and asked for
it to be fixed before we returned from our evening out. Arrived back at 10pm and nothing had been done. Called at reception, Fatima assured us she had called the service man (not). Asked for another room. Was assured that the room would be fixed in 15 minutes. Serviceman arrived promptly, and removed a filter from the aircon intake that had completely blocked up with dirt. impossible to operate. a 5 min clean and we were OK, but the room took more than 24 hours to cool, as everything was hot - tiles, drapes, bedding. OK thereafter.
Next issue was the door magnetic card key. We had to return to reception 7 times to get the card replaced or recharged. It was not stored by us in any place that could affect it, but we were treated with skepticism until finally a porter went with us to prove that it would not work, and immediately called a service man who reprogrammed the door mechanism and it worked fine from then on. Again poor attention to issues was a bit disheartening.
Another issue was the towels - removed while we were at breakfast, and never replaced until we requested them late afternoon. The room was serviced during the day, but still no towels. Most annoying when you want to wash before going out, or returning during the day.
Another of the guests had the door key problem - he tried to call reception from the phone by the lift, and the phone dropped to the floor.
Our hair dryer disintegrated in the hand during use. and one foot fell off the lounge chair while moving it
Good things -breakfast, most of the junior staff very helpful, and cafe meals were great.
This hotel promises 5 star facilities through its appearance but has a Fawlty Towers feel about it.

Room Tip: Check all your services are working when you arrive. Should then be a good stay.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech.

We were very sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with the service you were offered, please accept our sincere apologies for any convenience caused. Please be assured that your comments & remarks will be taken into serious consideration in order to improve our quality of service to meet our clients needs.

We look forward to welcoming you at Le Meridien N’Fis and be able to meet your expectations.

Thank you & Best Regards from wonderful Marrakech!

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is gorgeous, first of all. While it may not be one of the newest hotels, it is truly relaxing and lovely. My husband and I stayed in a suite which was absolutely lovely, with fresh flower arrangements and fruit bowl each day.
The service here is first-rate. The concierge, Youssef, was beyond helpful. He even called us from his home after his shift to ensure a task we had asked for had been completed. All staff is extremely helpful and respectful.
We booked this hotel using points from Starwood but even if we hadn't had that opportunity, I would recommend staying here. Just lovely :)

Room Tip: go for a suite if you can!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hotel is a bit old but still furniture a little dated.
The buffet breakfast was a bit sad - poor selection of food.
It's also a little far from the medina - average about a 20 to 25 minute walk. Cabs cost about 50dh (grande cab) or 30dh (petite cab) which is ridiculous for the 2 mins ride , but it seems to be the standard price.
Concierge is very helpful and we rented a car and driver for a day to head up to Imili Valley. Driver was excellent but I would give Imili a pass next time if you don't intend to hike.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to know how much you have appreciated the service.

All your valuable notes will be an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy your expectations during your next trip to Le Meridien N’Fis.

Best Regards from sunny Marrakech!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks on business. The hotel is reasonably pleasant, and I wasn't paying I didn't feel I had too much to complain about, but might have been disappointed if I'd booked a holiday there.

The gardens are pretty, the pool is nice and the bar and food is quite good. I thought the breakfast was good. The mint tea is fantastic.

HOWEVER, the air conditioning in my room was useless. Huge ants kepted popping into my room to say hello. My sheets had a distinctive orange stain on the edge which I noticed after a couple of days, and which demonstrated that my sheets were not changed for 10 DAYS (I checked, but didn't complain since once a week at home is acceptable, and I just slept on the other side of the bed on week two!), and I don't think this is normal for a hotel. The towels were changed daily, but they looked pretty old and dirty. The wifi isn't great.

I can put up with a lot if I get a good night's sleep, but unfortunately trolleys from the restaurant buffet (I think) were rattling through the guest corridors (shortcut to the kitchen?!) late at night, EVERY night, and housekeeping make a right noise from early in the morning, so there's no chance of a lie in!

The one thing that would stop me from returning to Le Meridien and from recommending to anyone would be the fact that several items clothing were stolen from my room. I hoped I was mistaken until I got home and checked my case again. THREE of my tops (I left my unworn tops in my suitcase, and draped my worn clothes over the back of a chair. Presumably the maid thought I wouldn't notice because I wouldn't wear them again, but she chose the wrong girl. And the wrong tops!!!!! I feel awful about it since she seemed sweet and I left her a tip. I also noticed that a pair of expensive sandals had been pushed well under the bed (not by me!), and if I hadn't checked under the bed just as I was leaving she would've got her grubby little mitts on those too!

I will never stay here again, and I would warn you against booking here unless you can lock away all of your possessions when you leave your room. I'm always careful not to leave anything valuable lying around, but I could never have imagined that my clothes would be stolen! It's simply appalling. I Googled "clothes theft le meridien marrakech" and it seems like this is not an isolated incident. This hotel has a problem with housekeeping theft. I have travelled a lot and stayed in many, many hotels, and this has never happened to me before. I've never even heard of anyone having clothes stolen from a hotel room!

I fell in love with Marrakech during my time there, but this has really left a bad taste in my mouth and quite frankly ruined my impression of the place.

I have reported to Le Meridien and to the hotel itself. Let's see what they come up with. I will update with the outcome. In the meantime, avoid!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you & Best Regards from wonderful Marrakech!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We loved this hotel and the service from the staff for our 6 day stay in Marrakech. Overall this hotel is a high 4* rather than 5*. We have stayed in 5* and 6* hotels as well as 4, 3 and even 2* in our travels around the world. So we strongly would recommend anyone coming as a couple, young family, retired or on business to stay here. If you out as a group on an adventure it's a perfect place to launch your excursions from. If you are a group out to party, best to avoid it.

We can clearly say that the service of the staff was very accommodating and extremely friendly and helpful. Youssef from the concierge was very helpful and kind, spoke very good English and advised us on the best places to visit with precise directions. Moona the cashier was also very helpful and understanding, always with a smile and well spoken, we utterly enjoyed interacting with her. Not forgetting Jihad at the bar, she was very welcoming and the most help we got as well a a cheerful character was from the porters Said and Hassan. However we must say that after 10:30pm, the night staff were very unhelpful and so we avoided using their help. On more than one occasion the large gentleman inch age of the shisha tent was pretty grumpy and off putting when you are having a splendid time. He also overcharged us on some items, I should have confronted him there and then but I was not going to let him get the better of me on my holiday. Management should look into his overpricing in the shisha tent even if its water. A bottle of water near the pool cost 35dhr. Same bottle in the shisha tent was charged at 50dhr, even though the bottle was coming from the bar.

The value for money of the room and basics is good but all the extras including a can of coke is extremely high and overly priced. Avoid ordering alcohol as its very expensive. Only go to the resteraunt near the pool for drinks as its cheaper there than the pool bar or shisha tent.

Sleep quality was amazing. Big king bed, miss it. Hating my double at home now. Only problem with the room was that when we had 45deg c outside the a/c in the room struggled to cool the room at night, so we had to wait until we fell asleep from tiredness rather than comfort of the room temperature.

The hotel was very clean and well looked after, only nit picking comment is that the common hallway carpet was loose and exposing the grippers - a bit dangerous for bare feet. The other observation was that there was sometimes bits fallen in the bottom of the pool, and only cleaned once or twice a week. But the gardens was luscious and well maintained, a must see for anyone visiting marrakech.

The location was fantastic. If you go to the town and see the hustle bustle and want to escape it then this hotel is 20 min walk away from the main medina square. Easily done in the evenings. The area is very new and upcoming, with most of the best places to eat and see on the same road, just a 10 min walk away.

The rooms were nice, pleasant and clean. Not top quality, but good enough to be comfortable.

There was a spa but we did not use it.

Breakfast was continental but more French. It was really good.

Although everyone is entitled to their own opinions on tripadvisor, I think it's a bit harsh to say food in general in marrakech is not good. I probably had the best holiday food ever here and would say to anyone visiting that its all cleanly prepared with mineral water/ reverse osmosis water and fresh ingredients. Don't want to be a spoiler for the taste but be rest assured the food is good.

In conclusions would highly recommend this hotel and would be happy to answer more specific questions from anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them or show you are an SPG member, there are some preferred rooms available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Le Meridien N'Fis? Share your experiences!