We were really impressed by the appearance of this property. Beautiful gardens, incredible foyer, great pool area, nice cafe by the pool, cool haven away from the heat of the street.
Then we stayed!
Our room was swelteringly hot. Aircon not working. Spoke to Fatima at reception, and asked for
it to be fixed before we returned from our evening out. Arrived back at 10pm and nothing had been done. Called at reception, Fatima assured us she had called the service man (not). Asked for another room. Was assured that the room would be fixed in 15 minutes. Serviceman arrived promptly, and removed a filter from the aircon intake that had completely blocked up with dirt. impossible to operate. a 5 min clean and we were OK, but the room took more than 24 hours to cool, as everything was hot - tiles, drapes, bedding. OK thereafter.
Next issue was the door magnetic card key. We had to return to reception 7 times to get the card replaced or recharged. It was not stored by us in any place that could affect it, but we were treated with skepticism until finally a porter went with us to prove that it would not work, and immediately called a service man who reprogrammed the door mechanism and it worked fine from then on. Again poor attention to issues was a bit disheartening.
Another issue was the towels - removed while we were at breakfast, and never replaced until we requested them late afternoon. The room was serviced during the day, but still no towels. Most annoying when you want to wash before going out, or returning during the day.
Another of the guests had the door key problem - he tried to call reception from the phone by the lift, and the phone dropped to the floor.
Our hair dryer disintegrated in the hand during use. and one foot fell off the lounge chair while moving it
Good things -breakfast, most of the junior staff very helpful, and cafe meals were great.
This hotel promises 5 star facilities through its appearance but has a Fawlty Towers feel about it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Handsome Hotel located in the heart of the Minera residential district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood EMEA, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien N'Fis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien n`Fis Hotel Marrakech
- Le Meridien Marrakech
- Marrakech Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Hotel Marrakech