“Average hotel but great service” 3 of 5 stars

Le Meridien N'Fis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohammed VI, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #261 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Singapore, Singapore
“Average hotel but great service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Hotel is a bit old but still furniture a little dated.
The buffet breakfast was a bit sad - poor selection of food.
It's also a little far from the medina - average about a 20 to 25 minute walk. Cabs cost about 50dh (grande cab) or 30dh (petite cab) which is ridiculous for the 2 mins ride , but it seems to be the standard price.
Concierge is very helpful and we rented a car and driver for a day to head up to Imili Valley. Driver was excellent but I would give Imili a pass next time if you don't intend to hike.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to know how much you have appreciated the service.

All your valuable notes will be an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy your expectations during your next trip to Le Meridien N’Fis.

941 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks on business. The hotel is reasonably pleasant, and I wasn't paying I didn't feel I had too much to complain about, but might have been disappointed if I'd booked a holiday there.

The gardens are pretty, the pool is nice and the bar and food is quite good. I thought the breakfast was good. The mint tea is fantastic.

HOWEVER, the air conditioning in my room was useless. Huge ants kepted popping into my room to say hello. My sheets had a distinctive orange stain on the edge which I noticed after a couple of days, and which demonstrated that my sheets were not changed for 10 DAYS (I checked, but didn't complain since once a week at home is acceptable, and I just slept on the other side of the bed on week two!), and I don't think this is normal for a hotel. The towels were changed daily, but they looked pretty old and dirty. The wifi isn't great.

I can put up with a lot if I get a good night's sleep, but unfortunately trolleys from the restaurant buffet (I think) were rattling through the guest corridors (shortcut to the kitchen?!) late at night, EVERY night, and housekeeping make a right noise from early in the morning, so there's no chance of a lie in!

The one thing that would stop me from returning to Le Meridien and from recommending to anyone would be the fact that several items clothing were stolen from my room. I hoped I was mistaken until I got home and checked my case again. THREE of my tops (I left my unworn tops in my suitcase, and draped my worn clothes over the back of a chair. Presumably the maid thought I wouldn't notice because I wouldn't wear them again, but she chose the wrong girl. And the wrong tops!!!!! I feel awful about it since she seemed sweet and I left her a tip. I also noticed that a pair of expensive sandals had been pushed well under the bed (not by me!), and if I hadn't checked under the bed just as I was leaving she would've got her grubby little mitts on those too!

I will never stay here again, and I would warn you against booking here unless you can lock away all of your possessions when you leave your room. I'm always careful not to leave anything valuable lying around, but I could never have imagined that my clothes would be stolen! It's simply appalling. I Googled "clothes theft le meridien marrakech" and it seems like this is not an isolated incident. This hotel has a problem with housekeeping theft. I have travelled a lot and stayed in many, many hotels, and this has never happened to me before. I've never even heard of anyone having clothes stolen from a hotel room!

I fell in love with Marrakech during my time there, but this has really left a bad taste in my mouth and quite frankly ruined my impression of the place.

I have reported to Le Meridien and to the hotel itself. Let's see what they come up with. I will update with the outcome. In the meantime, avoid!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech.

We were very sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with the service you were offered, please accept our sincere apologies for any convenience caused. Please be assured that your comments & remarks will be taken into serious consideration in order to improve our quality of service to meet our clients needs.

We look forward to welcoming you at Le Meridien N’Fis and be able to meet your expectations.

Thank you & Best Regards from wonderful Marrakech!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We loved this hotel and the service from the staff for our 6 day stay in Marrakech. Overall this hotel is a high 4* rather than 5*. We have stayed in 5* and 6* hotels as well as 4, 3 and even 2* in our travels around the world. So we strongly would recommend anyone coming as a couple, young family, retired or on business to stay here. If you out as a group on an adventure it's a perfect place to launch your excursions from. If you are a group out to party, best to avoid it.

We can clearly say that the service of the staff was very accommodating and extremely friendly and helpful. Youssef from the concierge was very helpful and kind, spoke very good English and advised us on the best places to visit with precise directions. Moona the cashier was also very helpful and understanding, always with a smile and well spoken, we utterly enjoyed interacting with her. Not forgetting Jihad at the bar, she was very welcoming and the most help we got as well a a cheerful character was from the porters Said and Hassan. However we must say that after 10:30pm, the night staff were very unhelpful and so we avoided using their help. On more than one occasion the large gentleman inch age of the shisha tent was pretty grumpy and off putting when you are having a splendid time. He also overcharged us on some items, I should have confronted him there and then but I was not going to let him get the better of me on my holiday. Management should look into his overpricing in the shisha tent even if its water. A bottle of water near the pool cost 35dhr. Same bottle in the shisha tent was charged at 50dhr, even though the bottle was coming from the bar.

The value for money of the room and basics is good but all the extras including a can of coke is extremely high and overly priced. Avoid ordering alcohol as its very expensive. Only go to the resteraunt near the pool for drinks as its cheaper there than the pool bar or shisha tent.

Sleep quality was amazing. Big king bed, miss it. Hating my double at home now. Only problem with the room was that when we had 45deg c outside the a/c in the room struggled to cool the room at night, so we had to wait until we fell asleep from tiredness rather than comfort of the room temperature.

The hotel was very clean and well looked after, only nit picking comment is that the common hallway carpet was loose and exposing the grippers - a bit dangerous for bare feet. The other observation was that there was sometimes bits fallen in the bottom of the pool, and only cleaned once or twice a week. But the gardens was luscious and well maintained, a must see for anyone visiting marrakech.

The location was fantastic. If you go to the town and see the hustle bustle and want to escape it then this hotel is 20 min walk away from the main medina square. Easily done in the evenings. The area is very new and upcoming, with most of the best places to eat and see on the same road, just a 10 min walk away.

The rooms were nice, pleasant and clean. Not top quality, but good enough to be comfortable.

There was a spa but we did not use it.

Breakfast was continental but more French. It was really good.

Although everyone is entitled to their own opinions on tripadvisor, I think it's a bit harsh to say food in general in marrakech is not good. I probably had the best holiday food ever here and would say to anyone visiting that its all cleanly prepared with mineral water/ reverse osmosis water and fresh ingredients. Don't want to be a spoiler for the taste but be rest assured the food is good.

In conclusions would highly recommend this hotel and would be happy to answer more specific questions from anyone.

Room Tip: Make sure you tell them or show you are an SPG member, there are some preferred rooms available.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your outstanding experience at the hotel.

We are so happy to know that your stay was a great success and most of your expectations were met.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing
Trip where you’ll continue to discover more and more wonderful areas at le Meridien N’Fis.

Best Regards from Marrakech!

warrington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

we stayed here first vist to marrakech... we arrived at the airport by a irrate taxi drivers 150dir wow coming back to the airport 70dir.. abit of a difference... hotel staff very friendly and helpful. rooms nice and clean and very spacious. aircon worked but 45deg heat didnt work that well. no balcony but to hot anyway. minbar not alot in it and didnt work properly. we had the evening buffet, wish we hadnt not worth the money 250dir/25euros staff didnt seem that bothered to serve us, not much choice of meat dishes very poor.. there was a bar/resturant L6 5 mins walk from the hotel, on your right excellent food large pints of beer not ot of a can/bottle. 6 euros well worth the walk as airconditoned as well. i found all drinks very expensive in the hotel thats why it was always quite at night.. when you get a taxi ask the hotel porter how much get in and just give the taxi driver that amount when you get there...i would say if the hotel lowered the cost of alcholic drinks there would have been a better atmosphere day and night... but overall a nice hotel... a tip... theres no shops to buy cigerettes or alchol so stock up in taxfree shop before you arrive... take a pen as you have to fill in forms at the airport on arrival/ departures and takes 30/40mns even to get through as they stamp all passports...

Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so happy to know how much you have appreciated the hotel.

All your valuable remarks will be an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy your expectations during your next trip to Le Meridien N’Fis.

Suzhou
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were quite disappointed in Le Meridien N'Fis, it was an ok hotel but definitely not a 5 star experience. When our taxi from the airport pulled up, nobody bothered with opening the door and welcoming us. None of the the several employees that were hanging out there chatting even took our luggage inside. Once inside the foyer someone came and took our bags. We checked in and the porter took us to our room. The room was ok but it reminded me of a motel room that had seen better days especially the bathroom. But everything worked which is what mattered. We had told them before arrival that we'd need an extra bed for our daughter and the porter asked us if he should bring one. We said yes and waited but he never came back. It was late at night so we all ended up sleeping in one bed. We got the extra bed the next day after another call to the font desk. The buffet breakfast was good and it was nice that they have a tent set up with beautiful sofas where you can sit and enjoy your breakfast if you like. I wanted to get some mint tea which is in a metal tea pot on a hot plate. The handle is also metal but it had a paper napkin flimsily wrapped around it supposedly so you don't burn yourself. The napkin was too thin so I burned myself. One of the staff watched this scene but simply walked away. We wanted to explore the city and had a few questions for the larger than life concierge but he could hardly be bothered with us and just walked off after answering one question. He clearly had more important things to do. Outside none of the staff ever offered to hail a cab. On our last day we were so happy when someone actually approached us and asked if we needed a taxi but he turned out to be a tour guide trying to sell his services. The hotel grounds are nice with lots of interesting plants and blue Moroccan lanterns in between. The pool in spring was not heated and therefore too cold for me, but I expect it to be quite refreshing in the summer heat. Location wise we would probably choose a hotel closer to the medina next time or even better a riad. Definitely somewhere where the staff actually cares.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great hotel with a perfect location just outside hustle and bustle fantastic gardens and pool area so you can really relax. Would like to say a special mention to Yussef the concierge who was so helpful in arranging and recommending restaurants and sites and also to Said the porter who went out of his way to help us in his wonderfully friendly way, even on our last day whilst waiting for our taxi to the airport insisted we wait in the air conditioned hotel lobby while was outside awaiting the cab and gave us all orange blossom cologne to cool us down thank you so much.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your great experience at Le Meridien N’Fis hotel and positive feedback about our associates Youssef & Said, property & location.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing trip full of discovery.

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Lovely hotel, very friendly staff. Excellent location, convenient for access to all attractions. Room service was hit and miss and the swipe cards to the room were useless. All in all it is highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to know that your journey was a great success and all your expectations came true. We are also delighted that you have appreciated hotel service, Restaurant and Staff.

During your next trip, let me suggest you to explore an amazing oriental atmosphere at “AL KHAYMA” tent.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing

Best Regards from Marrakech!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Le Meridien N'Fis? Share your experiences!