We (young, well travelled couple) stayed at Le Meridian N'Fis for three days & two nights (May 2013). As a SPG, we looked forward to being warmly welcomed and helped throughout our stay. The following points sum up our experience with Le Meridian N'Fis:
- Rooms are dated: With so much roomspace and beautiful Moroccan architecture to be inspired by I would have expected much better.
- Wifi is patchy: The WIFI is slow, patchy and the reach is limited to the lobby area, contrary to what you will be told at the reception.
- Breakfast: the area where it is served is quite depressing, best to grab a place in the tent bit for at least some exotic feel. The quality of breakfast is average-poor. With such a delicious cuisine and fresh produce, why limit yourself to fake orange juice and stale bread?
- Lunch: we were very disappointed to find NO moroccan bites/lunch on the menucard. Instead American burgers, french fries & Thai sandwiches were on offer.
- Taxis: If you do decide to stay here ... then best piece of advice is to NEVER take a cab arranged by the hotel. It's a total scam. They have fixed prices arranged with the cab drivers across the street. These prices are at least TRIPLE of what you would pay normally. You will note that the meters of these cabs are turned off - spare your energy & arguing skills in asking why, as you will get the widest range of excuses imaginable.
And don't expect friendliness from the staff once you make it clear to them you're on to their game. They will not help you in any way to get another cab or let you ask for the cab to use the meter. The will simply look offended, tell you to go to the street and get one yourself. Fortunately we speak French! A quick price indication: From the hotel to the Pacha (15min) it's 18 derham. From the hotel to the Jardin Majorelle it's 17 derham. From the hotel to Jemma el Fna it's about 12 - 19 derham, depending on the traffic. The Jewish quarter is also around 18 derham. Most cabs do have fixed prices for the airport, don't let them fool you in going above 50 derham!
Our perception is that the hotel receives a share of the earnings of the cab drivers - they note each driver + destination + price. So ... save yourself a lot of money and just grab one on the corner of the street ;)
Concluding, we were quite disappointed by the level and quality of service regarding this hotel. Normally we trust SPG hotels blindly, but in the future we will be sure to check tripadvisor prior to booking. We will not be returning to Le Meridian in Marrakech. From what I read in the reviews it does not seem they do much with the comments ... what a pity as the estate is gorgeous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Handsome Hotel located in the heart of the Minera residential district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien N'Fis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien n`Fis Hotel Marrakech
- Le Meridien Marrakech
- Marrakech Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Hotel Marrakech