“Large western style resort, little bit tired” 3 of 5 stars

Le Meridien N'Fis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohammed VI, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #255 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
“Large western style resort, little bit tired”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Like many others I stayed here bc I could use Starwood points. Hotel was fine but lacked the character that makes Marrakech hotels so special. Also was tired and a little run down... needs refurbishment. Staff were nice but there was really nothing special about this place. In a city as special as Marrakech, I expected more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor.

There is no doubt that your valuable remarks will help us to improve and provide the best quality of service you may expect.

During your next visit to Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech, let me suggest you to explore an amazing oriental atmosphere at “AL KHAYMA” tent.

935 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Just returned home after a family break for a week at the Meridien N'Fis. We would book again without hesitation, having enjoyed the trip thoroughly. The hotel is well positioned in Hivernage, a 15 minute walk to the centre of town. Lots of people stay in small riads in the Medina, but with the level of heat in Marrakech, it is a real benefit to be in a full service hotel, with air conditioning and a large swimming pool. The hotel has large and beautiful gardens with the clean and well-attended swimming pool. Other plus points for us included the warm and friendly service from the majority of staff and the standard of food at the buffet evening meal taken on the terrace by the pool
Through email to the hotel in advance, we were able to reserve inter-connecting rooms, which is really good for families. One of the rooms had twin beds and the other a super king-sized bed which was very comfortable

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We liked this hotel a lot. Good situation in the modern hivernage borough, 10 to 15 min walking in the Medina. Exterior of hotel very nice. The garden is beautiful and the large pool very nice but not enough chairs around it. The room was comfortable we were on ground floor facing the pool with a little patio outside. It was nice and quiet, but our friends facing the street said it was quite noisy. Food was good including breakfast. On the minus side, the wifi although free is a pity, slooooow and patchy, the aircon was not working properly so room was hot. The chiars on our patio were covered with bird droppings and never cleaned.

Room Tip: Ask for a room ground floor facing pool or garden, away from street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so
delighted to notice that you have appreciated the hotel (Garden, Location, Pool & Restaurant).

There is no doubt that your comments will help us to improve and provide the best quality of service you may expect.

During your next trip, let me suggest you to explore an amazing oriental atmosphere at “AL KHAYMA” tent.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed 2 nights as part of a group tour. Room quite ordinary. Beautiful gardens and nice pool area. Breakfast buffet disappointing and poorly staffed. Only area to eat at lunchtime was outdoor and unpleasantly hot. Wifi patchy.

Room Tip: Groud floor rooms are less secure.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one week and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The gardens and communal areas are beautiful as well as the large pool area. The pool is not heated but I found this refreshing when it is 35 degrees outside!! The poolside worker is very helpful and although the service at the poolside bar can be slow at times, it isn't because they are sitting around doing nothing. The menu at poolside bar is limited however there is a much wider selection at the restaurant just by the side of the pool and I found this quite nice to base myself at in the shade for an hour after a morning in the sun.
The rooms are clean, spacious if not a little basic however I am not one to sit around in my hotel room all day. Was given complimentary water on a daily basis which was great, as I know from my travels not all hotels do do this and its much appreciated when walking around in such high temperatures.
Breakfast personally for me was fulfilling. No the choice of buffet doesn't look as grand as you ma have seen in other 5 star hotels, however they do have fresh orange and fruit juice available, small selection of fresh fruit, bread/pastry, egg and pancakes corner, cereal and selection of other hot items.
The staff at reception were lovely and very helpful and didn't fail to assist in helping me with many of my questions. There is an ATM machine across the road from the hotel and if you need smaller change, you can get this changed at reception.
The hotel is about a 20 minute walk into souks/square area and a 7 minute taxi ride away from some of the museums, majorelle gardens, palaces etc which will cost you approx. 20-30 dirham one way in a taxi.
I paid the hotel 150 dirham one way for my airport transfer which although I knew would be over the odds, I was travelling on my own arriving late evening so didnt mind (and still doesn't work out to be much money). On the way back to the airport I got a taxi at the hotel and it cost me 75 dirham.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment. We are so
delighted to notice that you have appreciated the hotel (Garden, pool & Staff).

There is no doubt that your valuable feedback will help us to improve and provide the best quality of service you may expect.

London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My partner and I stayed in Marrakech for the Easter holiday week for five nights. The staff at the hotel were very pleasant and knowledgable. The conceirge, Youseff, was amazing - his recommendations for hammam's were spot on, and the day trip to the Atlas Mountains through the 3 valley's is AMAZING. Our tour guide was friendly and knowledgable, and that day trip made the entire week. The hotel bar is great for a quick drink before dinner, and the food in the Moroccon restuarant is very good. We were not impressed with the Italian/Mediterranian restaurant, however. Overall, the hotel is very nice - I read a lot of complaints on Trip Advisor and was quite worried about my choice - but as a SPG gold member, I wanted to give it a chance. Certainly could use an upgrade in terms of furniture, but the rooms and bathrooms are clean and comfortable - which is enough for me. The gardens are beautiful and the pool is lovely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Only here for one night so cannot comment on many things. The main reason I've rated it only 3 is because of the cardboard walls and the 'Premier Inn' feel to the corridors leading to the bedroom. I had road noise (and not just a hum) all night, a baby crying which sounded as if it was actually in my room and every door shutting from when I went to bed to when I woke up. I was there for a conference. Breakfast was basic, lunch provided rather tough, overcooked lamb.

On the plus side I thought the communal areas looked beautiful and the staff were certainly extremely attentive. However, given the short distance to the airport, the 150 Dirham charged was excessive (although I acknowledge this is a standard hotel fee). The return taxi cost me less than half and I suspect that was over the odds too.

Room Tip: Definitely ask not to be road side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor.

There is no doubt that all your valuable remarks will help us to improve our services in order to satisfy all your expectations and let them come true. We look forward to welcoming you again at Le Meridien N’Fis during your next trip.

Best Regards from Marrakech!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Le Meridien N'Fis? Share your experiences!