“ravishing garden” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #257 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Trois-Rivieres, Canada
“ravishing garden”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We liked this hotel a lot. Good situation in the modern hivernage borough, 10 to 15 min walking in the Medina. Exterior of hotel very nice. The garden is beautiful and the large pool very nice but not enough chairs around it. The room was comfortable we were on ground floor facing the pool with a little patio outside. It was nice and quiet, but our friends facing the street said it was quite noisy. Food was good including breakfast. On the minus side, the wifi although free is a pity, slooooow and patchy, the aircon was not working properly so room was hot. The chiars on our patio were covered with bird droppings and never cleaned.

Room Tip: Ask for a room ground floor facing pool or garden, away from street.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so
delighted to notice that you have appreciated the hotel (Garden, Location, Pool & Restaurant).

There is no doubt that your comments will help us to improve and provide the best quality of service you may expect.

During your next trip, let me suggest you to explore an amazing oriental atmosphere at “AL KHAYMA” tent.

Your sincerely.

936 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed 2 nights as part of a group tour. Room quite ordinary. Beautiful gardens and nice pool area. Breakfast buffet disappointing and poorly staffed. Only area to eat at lunchtime was outdoor and unpleasantly hot. Wifi patchy.

Room Tip: Groud floor rooms are less secure.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
london
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for one week and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The gardens and communal areas are beautiful as well as the large pool area. The pool is not heated but I found this refreshing when it is 35 degrees outside!! The poolside worker is very helpful and although the service at the poolside bar can be slow at times, it isn't because they are sitting around doing nothing. The menu at poolside bar is limited however there is a much wider selection at the restaurant just by the side of the pool and I found this quite nice to base myself at in the shade for an hour after a morning in the sun.
The rooms are clean, spacious if not a little basic however I am not one to sit around in my hotel room all day. Was given complimentary water on a daily basis which was great, as I know from my travels not all hotels do do this and its much appreciated when walking around in such high temperatures.
Breakfast personally for me was fulfilling. No the choice of buffet doesn't look as grand as you ma have seen in other 5 star hotels, however they do have fresh orange and fruit juice available, small selection of fresh fruit, bread/pastry, egg and pancakes corner, cereal and selection of other hot items.
The staff at reception were lovely and very helpful and didn't fail to assist in helping me with many of my questions. There is an ATM machine across the road from the hotel and if you need smaller change, you can get this changed at reception.
The hotel is about a 20 minute walk into souks/square area and a 7 minute taxi ride away from some of the museums, majorelle gardens, palaces etc which will cost you approx. 20-30 dirham one way in a taxi.
I paid the hotel 150 dirham one way for my airport transfer which although I knew would be over the odds, I was travelling on my own arriving late evening so didnt mind (and still doesn't work out to be much money). On the way back to the airport I got a taxi at the hotel and it cost me 75 dirham.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment. We are so
delighted to notice that you have appreciated the hotel (Garden, pool & Staff).

There is no doubt that your valuable feedback will help us to improve and provide the best quality of service you may expect.

During your next visit to Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech, let me suggest you to explore an amazing oriental atmosphere at “AL KHAYMA” tent.

Your sincerely.

London, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

My partner and I stayed in Marrakech for the Easter holiday week for five nights. The staff at the hotel were very pleasant and knowledgable. The conceirge, Youseff, was amazing - his recommendations for hammam's were spot on, and the day trip to the Atlas Mountains through the 3 valley's is AMAZING. Our tour guide was friendly and knowledgable, and that day trip made the entire week. The hotel bar is great for a quick drink before dinner, and the food in the Moroccon restuarant is very good. We were not impressed with the Italian/Mediterranian restaurant, however. Overall, the hotel is very nice - I read a lot of complaints on Trip Advisor and was quite worried about my choice - but as a SPG gold member, I wanted to give it a chance. Certainly could use an upgrade in terms of furniture, but the rooms and bathrooms are clean and comfortable - which is enough for me. The gardens are beautiful and the pool is lovely.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkshire
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Only here for one night so cannot comment on many things. The main reason I've rated it only 3 is because of the cardboard walls and the 'Premier Inn' feel to the corridors leading to the bedroom. I had road noise (and not just a hum) all night, a baby crying which sounded as if it was actually in my room and every door shutting from when I went to bed to when I woke up. I was there for a conference. Breakfast was basic, lunch provided rather tough, overcooked lamb.

On the plus side I thought the communal areas looked beautiful and the staff were certainly extremely attentive. However, given the short distance to the airport, the 150 Dirham charged was excessive (although I acknowledge this is a standard hotel fee). The return taxi cost me less than half and I suspect that was over the odds too.

Room Tip: Definitely ask not to be road side
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor.

There is no doubt that all your valuable remarks will help us to improve our services in order to satisfy all your expectations and let them come true. We look forward to welcoming you again at Le Meridien N’Fis during your next trip.

Best Regards from Marrakech!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

We arrived in Marrakech after 7 days in Spain and were welcomed with smiling faces and a delicious cup of tea.
The reception staff and bell captains made us feel as though we we special guests, not weary travelers.
The hotel has a very beautiful garden that provides a tranquil place for early morning relaxation or an evening stroll.
The staff will gladly assist in either finding a taxi or helping plan your excursion.
Outstanding, friendly and competent staff at every turn.
The hotel is a short taxi ride to most locations,
The restaurants serve an aboundense of food, and very delicious, mostly traditional Moroccan dishes, but it would be a mistake not to experience them.
A great value, a friendly atmosphere, clean facility and accommodating staff!
A great experience!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your enjoyable experience at the hotel.

We are so happy to know that your journey was a great success and all your expectations came true. We are also delighted that you have appreciated hotel (Staff, Garden & Restaurants).

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing
Trip where you’ll continue to discover more and more wonderful areas at le Meridien N’Fis.

Best Regards from Marrakech!

Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We have never submitted a review before and are not generally complainers (we are very frequent travelers in the developing world), but while we don't expect perfection (and certainly not at this price), our experience at Le Meridien was so poor that we are compelled to draw your attention to the serious deficiencies at this hotel.

Honestly, this is the worst Le Meridien we have ever stayed at and the worst hotel we have stayed at in Marrakech (we have stayed at many other, and cheaper, hotels in Marrakech that were vastly superior). A rip off for the prices/points they are charging.

No wifi in the rooms - although we were told it was just down for the day, it was never repaired during our trip and our suspicions were confirmed when we saw a Tripadvisor comment from earlier in the month that noted the same problem. We had to make constant trips to the lobby to use the wifi.

Dirty room.

Empty minibar.

Half water bottles by the side of the bed for which we were charged but which were not marked as a minibar item in any way.

Deplorable breakfast. No excuse for stale pastries in Marrakech where any sidewalk cafe has delicious pastries. Also no excuse for the chemical fake orange juice when real orange juice is available everywhere. The kicker was that both of our coffee cups were dirty and we had to wash them in the sink. We ended up walking down the street for breakfast at a cafe.

We understand that Le Meridien used to be a very good hotel in Marrakech on par with the Sofitel but now, clearly, there is no comparison. In sum, way below what one would expect to find in Marrakech for the money and way below what one expects from Le Meridien.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Mr_Benjelloun_DSM, Director of Sales at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech.

We were very sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with the service you were offered, please accept our sincere apologies for any convenience caused. Please be assured that your comments & remarks will be taken into serious consideration in order to improve our quality of service to meet your needs, we’d like to ensure you that all those incidents were an exception and not a rule.

We look forward to welcoming you at Le Meridien N’Fis and be able to meet your expectations.

Thank you & Best Regards from wonderful Marrakech!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Been to Le Meridien N'Fis? Share your experiences!