If this hotel could sort out the problems with its reception staff, it would qualify for a good ranking.
The facilities in the hotel are fine. The rooms are ok although they could do with an update. There is music playing in the club at night so ask for a quiet room if this is likely to bother you. The breakfast was good with the usual buffet selection. The fresh warm bread was, however, excellent. There is a nice pool area - a good size pool (not heated) and an efficient restaurant service. The evening food in the restaurant was mixed in terms of quality. The same applied to room service: the same order produced two very different meals on two separate days. The hotel is well located and not that far from the airport. There are also some shops close by where you can purchase alcohol and food - far cheaper than in the hotel.
The reception, however, is chaotic. There seems to be a sharp division of labour between the 'receptionist', the 'concierge' and the 'cashier'. The receptionist does the checking in and out but will not help with other queries. My luggage was mislaid by the airline but the receptionists refused to enquire at the airport if it had arrived. This was the concierge's job even though the concierge was not on duty when I arrived and took most of the following day off. When he did turn up, he was not that helpful and I had to take a taxi to the airport to collect my luggage. Other hotels arranged for the bags to be delivered.
The staff in other parts of the hotel were friendly and helpful. They are being let down by their colleagues on reception.
My suggestion to the management is to send all the reception staff on a training course on how to provide good service in a hotel, In the meantime, be prepared for the chaos at reception.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Handsome Hotel located in the heart of the Minera residential district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood EMEA, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Le Meridien N'Fis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien n`Fis Hotel Marrakech
- Le Meridien Marrakech
- Marrakech Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Hotel Marrakech