I last reviewed this place 2 years ago and have just been again for a week.The Meridien is a pretty big hotel, situated about a 20 min pleasant stroll from the Medina (old walled city). Not only is it a good choice for those who want to enjoy the frenetic life inside the traditional city of Marrakech and yet be able to escape to some calm and European standards in the evening, but it represents great value for money. It has large, green & beautiful gardens with fountains playing and an enormous swimming pool. Although the Meridien chain used to be French owned, its now part of the American 'Starwood' group and there are lots of good deals on their web-site, such as the '6 nights for the price of 4' which we got. You'll pay a fraction of the price required at some of the posh riads in the Medina where often the walls are so thin you have to keep your voice at a whisper. And yet you can still go to the riads for great dinners and return to this place for a good solid bedroom with great bath facilities and a really good buffet breakfast. The hotel is a tiny bit tired and in need of investment, but not intrusively so. Contrary to previous comments we found the staff unfailingly courteous. The downsides? There could be more UK channels on the TV system.The housekeeping staff are so attentive that they seem to be knocking on the door almost hourly with bed changes, towel service, mini-bar checks and so on (but the 'do not disturb' sign eventually worked!). The service in the pleasant restaurant is painfully slow, with often a 15 min wait even for drinks requests after being seated.......they really MUST deal with this.The airy, nicely designed breakfast room with fabulous buffet and omelettes and pancakes made to order in front of you really must do something about the sparrows which fly around and leave droppings on the lamp-shades! But those are minor points. We recommend this place as somewhere to base yourself at a good price whilst enjoying this wonderful city. Its rating half-way down the TripAdvisor list for Marrakech does it a dis-service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Handsome Hotel located in the heart of the Minera residential district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Starwood EMEA, Odigeo, Splendia, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Le Meridien N'Fis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien n`Fis Hotel Marrakech
- Le Meridien Marrakech
- Marrakech Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Hotel Marrakech