“Great location, friendly/helpful staff, great breakfast” 4 of 5 stars

You added Le Meridien N'Fis to your Saves list
Le Meridien N'Fis
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mohammed VI, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #267 of 463 Hotels in Marrakech
“Great location, friendly/helpful staff, great breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

My stay was very pleasent. I found the staff to be very helpful and many spoke English. The hotel is situated just close enough to the Medina that you can cheaply take a taxi or a 15 minute walk in, but when you're ready to leave you can rest without the chaos and smog of the Medina. It is situated on a strip of hotels with chic cafe's and new restaraunts which is great because the hotel restaraunt is way overpriced and fairly average in taste and you're taking your chances eating the medina.

The garden is beautiful and lovely to relax in, and the breakfast buffet is great, even if you have a wheat allergy.
I only give 4 stars because the rooms are fairly standard. No decór, or anything fancy but they kept it very very clean. Literally wiped the floors down with bleach every day. Overall I would recommend N'Fis to anyone travelling to Marrakech.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to know how much you have appreciated the hotel, Staff, Garden & Location.

Your notes will be an added value to improve our services in order to satisfy your expectations and turn in your experience as a part of unforgettable memories.

An amazing oriental atmosphere at “AL KHAYMA” tent.

Abdelouahed ALAOUI-Fdili

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Europe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

We like the Starwood group, they very seldom disappoint and their excellent classification system allows one to choose amongs their various properties, knowing quite well what to expect.

This miserable place however does not do justice to Starwood nor Meridien at all, in fact we fear it will destroy the name on it's own and if nothing is done,. They should very quickly check this out because clients who choose the N'fis on their brand's name will not be encouraged to do so again, anywhere else.

The whole hotel is an ugly worn down depressing affair, the staff is not even pleasant (rarely seen in gentle Morocco), the reception staff is the worst, unwelcomming, sometimes outright unpolitet.

The breakfast served in an ugly barrack style room is not only miserable, it's bad. What a way to start the Day !

This is the sort of place that makes you want to move out as quickly as possible. Which we did. Marrakesh, a city of good taste and refined style, has excellent hotels and Riads. Avoid this one. Don't be tempted by the low price, it only reflects low quality.

We very rarely give a "terrible" note but we feel this one is well deserved.

PS : We must wonder if the positive reviews here are genuine.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your experience.

We are deeply sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

There is no doubt that your comments will help us to improve and provide the best quality of service you may expect.

Your sincerely.

Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I must admit this is the first time after nearly 120 reviews that I have re-called a review and I am re-writing it again.

The reason for this is the unprecedented customer care that I have witnessed today. You may say (and you would be correct to do so) that the hotel hates a bad review on tripadvisor and they would do anything to remove it..... but its very rare to see a hotel management to pro-actively seek the customer and discuss the issues.

In my fist review I was truly upset about the following:
-quality of the standard rooms
-poor quality of the breakfast for a 5 star hotel
-slow internet

There are some positive items as well:
-nice pool area
-pretty garden
-very good dinning options (the moroccan dinner was excellent)
-good concierge service

Most of the times you will find hotel managers writing some really lame response to a review where they hardly acknowledge any of the shortcomings. Today the rooms division manager Mr. Jamal and the chief concierge Mr. Mamouni asked to meet with me to discuss and talk about my feedback. They were very open indeed and I feel positive that my complaints where not only heard but im sure they will try and resolve the issues I found.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

When we arrived we were escorted to our room. The cleanliness of this room was incredible. The room was spotless and the housekeeper for our section which we saw daily was a delight and ALWAYS smiling and waving. Such a friendly person. My only regret is that I do not know her name. She worked between the dates 28th September – 1st October in the section of the hotel where room 046 is. We were recommended some fabulous restaurants and places to explore by the fabulous head concierge Youseff, who was extremely hospitable and helpful, attended to our every need and exceeded our expectation in the service of concierge.
Our terrace by our room was a welcome haven with grounds which were so well maintained and fresh looking. This was a real treat.
All in all our stay was fantastic. Not to mention that Marrakech is a city of wonder and our recommendations took us from an ally of clay houses into a riad style restaurant with the most magnificent water features and roof top terrace overlooking the Medina. (food was brill! See La Foundouk) If you are wondering where to go and are still considering different destinations. DONT! The blow dry that I had on day two was incredible by a male and cost around 15GBP so reasonable and you could really see just how skilled the gentleman was with hair. Well done.
I would recommend a shisha at the end of the day. Grape and mint are tasty! In the fabulous cloth covered tent. Live music every night to boot.
Well done to all involved in making our stay so memorable.

Room Tip: 046 is beautiful.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to learn that your journey was a great success and all your expectations came true. We are also delighted that you have appreciated hotel service, and staff’s attention.

Moroccan delights at “L’IWAN Restaurant”.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing
Trip where you’ll continue to discover more and more wonderful areas at le Meridien N’Fis.

Best regards from sunny Marrakech!

Diegem, Belgium
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Well, it al starts with your arrival at the airport. The hotel is asking for outrageaous rates for transfer... Negociate with local taxis outside the airport, you will get much better rates, maybe not a limousine, but if transport is all that matter, then you are better off taking the local taxi ... Once at the hotel, let the doorman argue with the taxi driver about the trip fare ... you pay what you agreed for. The rooms are OK... don't look too close though since some things in the rooms have experienced some quick repairs or painting... but fair enough, clean and after all well maintained.
Do not leave any coints (whatever currency it is) anywhere in the room ... you might not find it when you return from breakfast... this hotel does magic ! Breakfast ... well on the country side with birds flying in the breakfast room. A little dissapointed since we were expecting more "morocan" style dishes. It is more continental oriented, but all in all very good and a lot to eat.
The hotel is a not quite located in the heart of Marakech, however, a minute walk will bring you right in the middle of Marakech Do not try to go to the tourist office in the weekend, IT IS CLOSED !!! at least during low season.
Little discussion at check out, however quickly solved. We did enjoy our stay, however expected more out of the hotel ... sitll a little disapointment. Moroco is a great country with lots of unexploied potential

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to notice that you have appreciated the hotel.

We assure you that your comments will be taken into serious consideration in order to improve our quality of service to meet your needs.

During your next trip, let me suggest you to try our different restaurants and explore oriental atmosphere at “AL KHAYMA” tent.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Myself and 6 friends had a three night stay here ( 27/9-30/9) although we missed the middle night as we had a 2 day trip to the desert (which i thoroughly recommend). This hotel was superb for what we paid, very attentive and helpful staff, large clean well appointed rooms, excellent breakfast included and the omlette chef was a maestro with the frying pan. Great pool complex and only a few minutes, by taxi, to the madness that is Jemaa el-Fnaa square and the Souks.
I throughly recommend this hotel and there is nothing to fault it for.
Thanks Le Meridien N'Fis for a great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool room and we were checking out at 12 but got a extension on the room until 4pm at no e...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

I’d like to thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. We are so delighted to learn how much you have appreciated the hotel (Staff, Restaurant, Pool & location).

Your notes will be an added value to improve our services in order to fulfill your expectations and turn in your experience as a part of unforgettable memories.

During your next trip, let me suggest you to attend cooking classes (Potager du chef) hosted by our chef.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My experience was excellent at Le Meridien. The arrival experience was like nothing I had ever encountered before - I was warmly and genuinely welcomed by the doorman/bellman, had my luggage swept away as soon as I entered, and was encouraged to relax in the lobby. I was brought a cup of the traditional Moroccan mint tea, and my room check-in was done entirely from my comfy spot on the sofa! It was such a relief to me, as I had been travelling on nearly no-sleep for about 20 hours. The room was comfortable, if a bit bare, but the view of the grounds was fantastic and area we were located in was very peaceful. This hotel is a true oasis and such a joy to return to every day after sensory overload in the medina! We dined at the Moroccan restaurant, which was great. The outdoor tent lounge and the indoor bar were also amazing and frequented on more than one occasion during our 4 night stay. The spa was incredible, but we predictably found it a bit challenging to communicate with the spa attendants (a lot of elementary French and gesturing was needed!). I would gladly return to this hotel again, and I would recommend it to any nervous first-timer to Marrakech.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We are so happy to learn that your journey was a great success and all your expectations come true. We are also delighted that you have appreciated hotel service, Restaurant and staff’s attention.

During your next trip to Marrakech, please let me invite you to attend the cooking classes (Potager du Chef) hosted by our chef, and try our “à la carte” restaurant in the garden.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis for another amazing
Trip where you’ll continue to discover more about le Meridien N’Fis.

Best regards from wonderful Marrakech!

Abdelouahed ALAOUI-Fdili

Been to Le Meridien N'Fis? Share your experiences!