“Lovely Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #255 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
cmckinnon1
“Lovely Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Relaxing upscale hotel in a great Hivernage location in Marrakech. Great kid's pool, spacious rooms, and EXCELLENT breakfast! Spa services are great also! Service is friendly and the grounds are gorgeous.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

936 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed three nights at Le Meridien N’fis in August on my friend’s Starwood points at the end of a weeklong trip to Morocco. On the first night, she also used her points to pay for a room for our private driver/guide, as it had been a long journey from Merzouga that included a stop by Moroccan police 21 km. from Marrakech due to a broken headlight.

Le Meridien N’fis is opulently decorated and the front desk staff were welcoming when we arrived late. Our room was clean and spacious. When the internet code provided stopped working, the front desk staff was more than happy to walk me through reconnecting, even when it was already past midnight!

On our first day, we woke up late and had lunch at the restaurant near the pool. I appreciated that the kitchen staff accommodated my request of grilled salmon vs. the baked one on the menu. It was tasty and just what I wanted.

The breakfast buffet offered a diverse selection of standard breakfast items and Moroccan fare. It was a nice way to start the day.

On our last night, we had dinner at Al-Bikra, the onsite Moroccan restaurant. The restaurant was beautifully decorated; it was as if you are dining inside a tent, but with air conditioning. The only thing that “destroyed” the ambience was that soccer was on both TV screens, but since the TVs were on mute, I was able to ignore them. There were a couple of people around us using a hookah, but I did not find the smoke intrusive and I saw that the attendants were very prompt at replacing the shisha. I enjoyed both the chicken tajine and chicken pastilla.

The Marrakech Bus Touristique stops right in front of Le Meridien and proved to be a convenient, hassle-free (as in, no persistent vendors and fake guides) way to get an overview of Marrakech.
Marrakech was my least favorite Moroccan city, due to a couple of unpleasant experiences at Jemaa el Fna, but Le Meridien N’fis was a welcome oasis and proved to be my favorite thing about Marrakech.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Saint Joseph, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

It is esthetically beautiful and the staff is mostly nice. But, the rooms are very warm with little air con in the hot summer heat. The food was very disappointing and I did get food poisoning which made me sick for over a week. The business center is small and expensive. The pool is the best part of the place. The grounds are gorgeous. The buildings need sprucing up.

Room Tip: Get a view of the central courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for devoting both your time and attention to share your comments on Trip Advisor and for filling the GEI survey ; We do sincerely apology for any disagreement we may have caused to you.
Please be assured that your comments and remarks will be taken into consideration in order to improve our food quality and meet your expectations.

We are deeply sorry for your sickness; It would have been great if you had reported your illness to our attention so that we could have offered all assistance needed to you on time.

We sincerely hope your experience at Le Meridien N’FIS will not prevent them from trusting us again in the future and that you will choose to stay with us upon your next visit to Marrakech.

Thank you & best regards.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Overall the hotel is good. Rooms are large and clean. Though I never had dinner at the restaurant here, I had breakfast and lunch for 3 days and food was good. Lots to choose from. My only complaint is there should have been some more local stuff for us to sample (breakfast only had Moroccan soup and pancakes). The gym is just ok- no fancy stuff, quite small actually. There were no towels / glasses each time I went (total 3 visits). I am surprised that the hotel does not provide even a single bottle of complimentary drinking water in such warm weather, only provides tea / coffee maker on request (and they don't make it explicit so unless you pester the front desk you are unlikely to get one). The wifi is good but rates are pretty high! The exchange rate is not very good at the hotel- and they charge are not transparent at the commission they charge. For instance I changed $100 @$1=8.574 MAD and received only 850 MAD- rest was commission I was told (and surprisingly no receipts)! Not that this makes a huge difference for small transactions, but will if the sum was large!
Room slippers, shoe shine etc are also provided only on request. So in all lots of cost cutting going on! I would give this hotel a 3.5 but since there is no scope to award 0.5 I am only awarding 3 (my commission!).

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Mr_Alaoui_GM, General Manager at Le Meridien N'Fis, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience at le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech.

We were very sorry to learn about your dissatisfaction with the service you were offered, please accept our sincere apologies for any convenience caused. Please be assured that your comments & remarks will be taken into serious consideration in order to improve our quality of service to meet your needs, we’d like to ensure you that all those incidents were an exception and not a rule.

We look forward to welcoming you at Le Meridien N’Fis and be able to meet your expectations.

Thank you & Best Regards from wonderful Marrakech!

Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here during our honeymoon in Morocco. It was a welcome comfortable environment for our weary traveling bones with comfortable clean rooms. The hotel was probably amazing during the late 90's, but now could use some updating of the overkill decor in the lobby and slightly outdated hallways of the hotel. The swimming pool area and gardens are nice, not beautiful but nice. There are several restaurants in the hotel, but the food is not so great (hard to find snacks) and the included breakfast is trying to be good but isn't quite getting it right. I scheduled a pedicure at the salon/spa and they told me a different time than they wrote down. They honored my appointment anyway, and it was a weird experience which was uncomfortable but a great pedicure actually! I would recommend the hotel overall mostly because of the comfortable rooms with nice bathrooms, but be advised of the numerous extra charges (they compell you to make a donation to UNESCO at checkout and charge for wifi).

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for visiting Le Meridien N’Fis Marrakech and taking the time to share with us your experience. There is no doubt that your comments will help us to improve and provide the best quality of service you may expect.

We look forward to welcome you back to Le Meridien N’Fis.

Your sincerely.

Swansea UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Just got back from a three night stay at the Le Meridien.
I found the hotel to be a calm oasis away from the madness and heat of the Medina area.
There was a lovely spacious reception area with very efficient front of house staff with a speedy check-in
Our room was very comfortable with the air conditioning working perfectly even though outside temperature was 46 degrees. The room was also serviced to an excellent standard.
There was a good variety of items at breakfast with a nice mix of Moroccan and European cuisine, special mention to the “omelette” lady she was fab!
The bar was nicely decorated although prices were a little steep, £5 for a small beer!
The pool and surrounding area were well kept although there were the usual towels left on loungers even though there was plainly nobody using them.
It is a fair walk to the main square, ok in the evening but not in the day so a taxi would be advisable. Make sure you agree a price first!

Overall a very enjoyable stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Le Meridien N’Fis, and positive feedback about hotel, service, and staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Le Meridien N’Fis for another trip to discover more and more amazing things we offer.

Best Regards from sunny & wonderful Marrakech!

Abdelouahed Alaoui-Fdili
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights and were fairly underwhelmed. The check-in process took close to an hour even though we are SPG's. The room was very average in decor and the air-conditioning barely worked. It was 105 degrees outside so this was disappointing. The pool and grounds were attractive though it was too hot to really enjoy them. The pool bar had basically run out of everything but one type of beer so we didn't spend time there. We had an unfortunate experience in the hotel bar. The bartender never asked me if I wanted another drink - in fact he ignored me while he went on to make sure every man in the bar was well taken care of. I saw this occur with other women both nights we were there. My husband let the management know but they didn't really care. The positives - we felt very safe and secure there and the area itself it quite nice. It's a nice departure from the medina and has a local feeling. I would recommend exploring it.

Room Tip: The rooms that face the pool on the ground level have a nice view of the gardens and a veranda.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you at Le Meridien N’Fis and be able to fulfill meet your expectations.

Thank you & Best Regards from wonderful Marrakech!

Abdelouahed ALAOUI-Fdili

Been to Le Meridien N'Fis? Share your experiences!