“Must once have been a great hotel - now lacks investment, management and leadership” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Mansour Eddahbi - Palais des Congres

Save Saved
You added Mansour Eddahbi - Palais des Congres to your Saves list
Mansour Eddahbi - Palais des Congres
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Avenue Mahomed VI, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #359 of 461 hotels in Marrakech
Stuttgart, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013 via mobile

Upon arrival this looked like a good hotel. Checking in gave a first taste of troubles, took forever. The vast hallways have seen better times, many of the public area shops are closed or abandoned. Entering my room I figured the service staff had forgotten to replenish towels in the bathroom. Next, we are talking Marrakesh here, the room was overheated to an extend ... It was November, but not really cold outside. So, first half hour was spend aerating the room. I would not have liked to leave the window open while gone to the famous market place ... I had my doubts about hotel safety. Next morning breakfast buffet really made the downgrade to two stars: My colleague pointed to a just abandoned table besides ours. A family had just left. Service staff came funnelled the left over onto the protection cloth underneath the table cloth, then put the tablecloth back on top - hence no real cleaning of tables. Secondly, i like an egg wirh bacon in the morning, accompanied by some toast. Well, you will not believe this: A vast tablet of toast (plain white). When approaching I figure gree spots from a distance. Getting closer, a whole tablet, maybe one by two feet full of moldy toast with distinct green spots all over the entire bread load ... How can a decent hotel put something like this out n the buffet. Even if educational background is very low, where is the management overlooking somerhing like this ... Judge for yourself. A hotel I am not staying at again, ever.

And add a note: Be carefulwith taxis in front of the building arranged by hotel porter. The price charged at the end of the tour is different from what you were told by the porter when he arranged that taxi for you.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

284 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Polish first
sussex uk
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

we stayed at this hotel on the 8th of january for 1 night. we are 2 adults and 2 children aged 2-5.
booked a deluxe room suitable for a family via their website. when we arrived we were impressed by the complex, you would think wow. but dont be fooled!! i have been greeted by the most abnoxious reception lady i have never encountered before, no manners, chewing a gum not the quality i would expect from this establishment.
we had to pay for the room in advance before you hand in the keys, very bizarre!!!
when we got to our room. large enough but with two single beds!!! so pick up the phone from my room.. no dial tone, checked all plug in. so i had to go back which is good 5 minute walk back to reception. my favourite lady was chatting as usual!!!! asked her politely that i have two kids and their is no way we could all sleep in those tiny beds. her reply was:what do u want me to do about it?? great response!!!!! ask if there is a manager so i could speak to? her reply she is out at the moment she will be back in the next two hours!!!!! cut the story short!!! her suggestion was that she will put two additional beds in the room for the kids. it was so cramped!!! thank god i was only there for 1 night. conclusion never ever again!!! i should know better as i am originally from morocco and if i did not kick off at the reception nothing would been done. better stay in riads in marrakesh and is more authentic and charming.
good points: nice decor, foyer,swimming pools (not heated for winter) breakfast was very avereage nothing to extravagant.
outside the hotel there is small cafe and restaurants better eat there rather than those inflated prices in the hotel.
across the road loads of cafe,bakery and good service that i would expect. dont bother with the hotel.
the hotel is a good 20 minute walk to the centre of marrakesh but taxis are cheap or horse and carriage would be an adventure. haggle the prices as always in morocco.
i travel with work all over the world and this hotel is not a 5 star never in millions years.
i would rate it 3 star MAX.just because of the swimming pools, gardens etc.... customer service NIL. the only nice employees were the porters and cleaning ladies...
we been told the hotel will close for refurbishment, i think they need it desperately and hopefully good customer service training would help.
conclusion: stay away and experience riads instead!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Ive stayed here on two occassions now once mid 2012 and the other mid january 2013. My friends had booked the place who was in charge of our trip but failed to really look into the condition of this place. The reception areas and the style of the complex is beautifull but the actual rooms were dreadful. They are are filthy, doors dont lock, smelly and the batrooms are dirty and unhygenic. i would never go back to this place again and would not reccommend it either. it is in need of major refurb which ive been told by reception staff is due to happen next month. i really hope that is the case. Ive stayed at the Atlas Medina across the road and that is far better.

Room Tip: Avoid this place altogether atleast until the refurb has taken place.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This is most certainly not a 5 star hotel. Its old and the rooms are pretty dirty... but... it's nice enough, the breakfast is good, and it is certainly good value for money for what we paid for it. Just don't come here expecting it to be a 5 star hotel.

It is a good 20 minute walk from the centre of Marrakech... so not ideally located for the souks but really close to the train/ bus stations.

The pool is lovely.. but FREEZING cold due to the numerous fountains keeping the water flowing.

We enjoyed our stay here so I would recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Albuquerque, New Mexico
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

i have no idea how this hotel is classified as 5 star. We spent our honeymoon here and it was horrible. The entrance and public areas of this hotel are very nice but the rooms are horrbile. To be nice they can be considered 2 star. When we arrived in our room our heater was broken, our key didnt work, the comforter was dirty, the toliet leaked water and the shower head was so clogged it shot water everywhere. We let the reception know of all our problems and nothing was ever fixed over our 4 day stay. The last day in fact we ran out of toliet paper and called 4 times over the course of 6 hours for another roll and we never recieved it..... we will never stay there again and do not reccomend it;

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Battle, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2012

Maybe I just got lucky, but my experience of the hotel was so much nicer than everyone else's. Okay, so the reception desk staff where not overly smiley, but not at all unpleasant. The porter took our bags from us, walked us to the room, while having a nice chat. When we arrived at the room he showed us round, explained how the tv etc worked, and was a great laugh. He went and we gave him a small tip. Every time I saw him again I got a smile and a nod.

Our room was excellent, shame it had 2 single beds rather than the double we would have liked, but it was not the end of the world. We simply pushed them together and carried on. Room was clean, quiet and well laid out. Relaxing pleasant place to be. Slept really well and was cleaned every time we put the hanger out requesting it to be cleaned. The lady who cleaned the block was wonderful. She did an excellent job and was very nice to chat too.

We took a taxi the first night to the main square. We ate out the first night but returned and headed to the bar. Staff again really nice and helpful. The bar reminded us of a 80s Jazz bar, but somehow it worked, and we enjoyed it.

Breakfast was great, really great. Buffet, with a self serve coffee machine. The guy looking after the breakfast area was clearly proud of his job, Constantly keeping the food stocked and presentable. Always got the door for us upon arriving and leaving if he saw us coming. We stayed a week and it did not get boring, although what was on offer did not change at all, so might after a while.

The hotel restaurant was good value with nice wine and excellent food. Staff again, really nice. Really welcoming. We did only eat here once but that was only due to the fact we ate in the new town other nights.

We had a very lazy pool day on our last day. Such a relaxing time around the pool. A member of staff wonders round in case you would like to order drinks, nice not to have to head to the bar. We ate at the pool restaurant for lunch, nothing special but very cheap and perfectly fine for the price.

We ordered room service a couple of times during our stay. Really resemble prices on this, bought to the room very quick, with a smile.

I do feel I am writing a review for a different hotel compared to the other reviews. I would say go not expecting a UK style 5 star hotel, but a Moroccan hotel, and you should be fine. Its a lovely place, clean, relaxing and pretty central.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I would have to say that I share the same opinion to that of the many people that have taken the time to review this hotel.
Definitely not 5 star as advertised a good 2 star at best. Staff were extremely rude, quality of breakfast below par. I could go on but I wont. Would just be repeating what others have said.

Check in at the hotel was absolutely shambolic - I booked via the hotels website and had with me a print out of my confirmation when i was checking in. The total priced I received on my confirmation via the hotel website differed from what I was made to pay by the receptionist - per the hotel policy of paying for accommodation at the beginning of the stay - I was a little jet lagged after flying from Bangkok so it took me a few minutes to realise what had happened. I was charged something totally different - almost US$300 more. When I alerted the front desk staff to the error I was told it was a mistake on my behalf. After a rather heated conversation with the cashier, where i showed him the confirmation i received from their website, they admitted that the error did indeed lie on their side.

I asked for my AMEX to be refunded, which they agreed to do, however due to the Moroccan banking system a letter had to be sent to American Express (of which i have a copy) for my card to be refund it has however has been three weeks since i checked out and i still have not received my refund, even after I emailing the hotels General Manager and Financial Controller to follow up.

Would be curious to see if I receive a response to my review from the hotels management.

In short for the price, there are a lot of lovely little riads in the city and had i know better would have gone down this path.....

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to Mansour Eddahbi - Palais des Congres? Share your experiences!