We ended up at the resort because the riad we booked let us down and we needed a place to stay that night. So, from a standing start at the airport with no reservations or prior communication this is what went down. The lady at the desk resorts booked us in and the driver carried our bags to the Torago and drove us to the Hotel.
We were shown to the lounge area and offered mint tea while we checked in, that took some time because it was a Friday before a religious holiday weekend and they where very buisy, hardly their fault, the room they gave us was large, clean, and very comfortable. The bed, a proper king size firm was just the way I like, with great pillows, (the rest of Engand and Europe should take note) My wife prefers firmer pillows so after a call to housekeeping promtly two were delivered. We ate the agreeable lunch at the poolside buffet washed down with surprisingly good local beer. Sunday "up I have to say that the food, service, friendlyness of the staff we encounted were terific, we had no trouble communicating (my French is appalling) in fact the guy who ran the sports bar found and put on the All Blacks v France game for me and sat and wached it with us (think I converted him). .. Stand Outs Great Japaneese food, who'd have thought! Leroy's lamb was delish (I, m an Ausie, don, t tell me about lamb ) the Moroccan restaurant which was unfortunately not very busy looked after us like we were the only ones there (which was the case) still went on with the full floor show including belly dancers, all very unexpected and quite touching. All in all a great stay, nearly forgot, fresh roses in the room, and free shuttle to and from the medina and airport transfers, so I would say good value. Down side, practice ball buckets too small.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Palmeraie Resort's beating heart and flagship, the famous Palmeraie Palace is a hotel featuring traditional Moroccan architecture. Rewarded as Africa's best golf course, the hotel's golf course has won the World Travel Awards for 5 consecutive years (from 2006 to 2010). In 2014, the Palmeraie Palace has received the award as Morocco's Best Golf Hotel by the World Golf Awards. Surrounded by landscaped gardens and swimming pools, within easy reach of many restaurants and other entertainments, Palmeraie Palace is a touristic destination on its own. Just a few minutes away from central Marrakech, this charming hidden oasis is a promise for a refreshing and relaxing stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Fastbooking, Odigeo, Splendia and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Palmeraie Resorts - Palmeraie Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmeraie Golf Palace Hotel Marrakech
- Palmeraie Golf Palace And Resort
- Palmeraie Hotel Palace