“first trip to marrakech” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Palmeraie Resorts - Palmeraie Palace

You added Palmeraie Resorts - Palmeraie Palace to your Saves list
Palmeraie Resorts - Palmeraie Palace
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Circuit de la Palmeraie | BP1488, Marrakech 40000, Morocco   |
Ranked #243 of 471 Hotels in Marrakech
Tripoli
“first trip to marrakech”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

it was nice staying at Palmeraie Golf Palace & resort..food at le roy cafe was deliciuos, service is fine, i couldn't complaint..the only that was a bit annoying is the bathroom..physically it looks very nice..there is always a supply of bathroom stuff - soap, shampoo, etc., but when you used the shower, all is wet on the floor, somewhere is leaking on the tub that would really need to be fixed..the same experienced i have read on the reviews here at palmeraie hotel..

For the first timer, would be great to experience the golf course :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Turkish first
Dusseldorf, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I just want to say that we were really disappointed by the staff at the SPA very unprofessional not friendly at all and very rude. We have been with the family at many Spa over the world and never experienced such unqualified people particularly on 5star hotel, prohibiting us to swim in the indoor swimming pool with our kids treating us like people who never used a SPA. I really do not recommend anybody who wants to have a good time with their families to be their as they will definitely be disappointed and be agressed by an unqualified staff.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

Having read other reviews we booked but were cautious. I felt that we were at a different place than the reviews were referring to? Other than generally not having enough lamps in the room, (especially in the bathroom which made applying make up very tricky!) my husband and I cannot find a fault. The pre-paid dinners offered choice, plentiful and were excellently prepared. The hotel is beautiful inside and out. The golfing with a choice of 27 holes is perfect for everyone. Having a caddy is like having 4 hours of private lessons at less than $16. Service was excellent in all areas of the resort. We will definitely book again especially as a destination to golf during the winter months.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I'm not really sure where to start with my review. I was attending a conference and staying at the Palmeraie Golf Palace.

On arrival we left our bags on the coach and they were to be put in our room. As we had been travelling for some time we decided to head to the bar for a drink. A short while later my wife decided to go and check out the room and ensure our bags had been delivered. She returned a while later saying that there was a problem. The key card she had been given didn't work for the allocated room - she repeatedly tried it only to hear a voice from the other side of the door. The room given to us was already allocated.

I went to reception to discuss, and, in fairness, they did apologise and gave me a key to another room (4007). I asked where my bags would be and was assured that they were in 4007. We went along to the room, which, as was the case with most things in the hotel, was a fair distance. The room was well presented but smelt like the drains. I went back to reception to report the smell and he said he would send someone out with some air freshener. I left and returned to the bar.

A little while later my wife and a colleague’s wife went to our room to see if the smell had subsided. It had not. They came back and said the room really was too awful. I returned to reception.

I told the receptionist that I was not prepared to stay in room 4007 because of the smell. He said it was not a problem and that they would move me to another room (4043). I needed to go and wait in the room and a porter would be along shortly to help me move our bags.

A few minutes later the porter duly arrived and we headed towards room 4043. The porter opened the door to 4043 to find that it was already occupied. (It latterly transpired it was occupied by one of my colleagues). The porter asked me to take a seat by one of their (many) fountains and he would return in a few minutes. This he did and was now clutching the key card to yet another room (4152).

4152 is located on the first floor and as we headed towards it he pushed the lift button and put me, and one of my bags, in the smallest lift I think I have ever been in. My bags were not heavy and I was more than capable of going up the stairs with at least one of the bags. In fact I could have carried both up the steps if needs be. Anyway, the doors to the lift close and the slowest lift journey imaginable unfolds. I would assume the lift had little more than 12ft (4m) to move. After about two minutes and having not arrived at my destination yet, I started to realise the lift had actually got stuck. I pushed the button for the first floor again, the lift jolted, went down a little and luckily (for me) the doors opened. We soon arrived at 4152. Unbelievably, the room was vacant and didn't smell. Hoorah, at last we had somewhere to sleep for the next couple of nights. After unpacking I returned to the safe haven of the bar.

To say that the service was non-existent would be an understatement.

I wished to book a restaurant via the Concierge. Whilst I sat with him he did try and contact the restaurant and make a reservation, however, they were not answering their phone. He told me to come back in an hour. Because I was frequently flitting in and out of reception due to my numerous room issues I was returning to see him more frequently. He made it quite apparent he thought I was a nuisance. Maybe I was, but in the world of customer service you don't let it show. When I went back for the third time I asked him if he had managed to get through yet, all I got was a shrug of the shoulders and him saying, "it's sorted". He didn't even bother to make look up.

Other than the incredibly chaotic and non-existent service that was the Palmeraie, the rest of the first day passed without too much more worthy of commenting on (good or bad).

The beds in this hotel were the best things of it. They were possibly the most comfortable I have slept in. Brilliant.

Perhaps because I had had good nights sleep I was ready for the challenges that may possibly follow today.

Breakfast. The chaos ensued immediately. Lots of dirty un-laid tables with no one to show you to a table. Should I just go and sit and one of the dirty un-made tables? Yes was the answer. We eventually managed to get the attention from one of the many waiters, and, after asking for some coffee on two separate occasions, eventually got some. He didn't think to re-lay the table or provide clean cutlery. No, you had to ask him to do that. The range of offerings for breakfast was extensive and, from the little that I had, appeared good.

Lunch @ The Poolside Bar. Let me give you a word of advice here. Order your lunch at breakfast; you may just get it in time. We had attended a conference in the morning (in the hotel) and, at the end, most of the attendees (250 approx) went to varying bars/restaurants for their lunch. Now, being a hotel that knows it has a conference going on you would have thought that you geared yourself for such. No, obviously not. It took a very long time to be able to place an order, and then took forever for the food to arrive. When the food did arrive it was luke warm at best.

Other people came and ordered food and couldn't leave because it was taking at least 45 minutes just to get the bill. I suspect some may have walked away without paying their bill, not because they didn’t want to pay it, but because they couldn’t pay it. The waiters when they were bringing food orders out didn't bother to clear any of the dirty dishes away from the empty tables. Perhaps this was their plan so that no one else sat at them!

The bar then ran out of beer. This took probably 30-40 minutes to resolve. I’m really surprised that none of the staff noticed until it had happened.

It also became apparent that women are very much classed as second rate citizens in this hotel. At one point a female with our party went to the bar to get a drink; the waiters decided to have an obvious discussion in front of her as to whom should serve her. It was very clear none of them wanted to.

On the evening we attended a black tie dinner. The room looked fantastic. Where I was seated there was a bar just to the side. I found it interesting to watch one of the staff dip their hands into a bowl of ice being used to keep beer and wine bottles cold to wash them. He then used the tea towel that was covering the freshly cut lemons to dry them and put it back over the lemons. That certainly was the end for me of having any drink with a lemon slice in that evening.

The staff at the bar kept bending down and having a drink from something under the counter through a straw. I suspect it was the alcohol that we were paying for.

The food was served in a chaotic manner, sometimes from the left, sometimes from the right and, sometimes, they just leant right across you to serve the person next to you. Clearing the dishes was a similar experience. The food like every other meal we had at this place was luke warm.

At the end of the meal a few of us decided to return to the bar in the main hotel. I ordered our drinks and normally I would just sign the bar chitty without checking it. However the amount I was being charged I felt was high. Mysteriously a drink had appeared on there that we had not asked for 150MAD (£12/$18). I suspect it was for the friend of the barman who was sitting at the bar whom I never saw pay for a drink. He did remove the drink from the bill but made no apology.

For breakfast the next day just re-read the previous breakfast commentary.

On checking out the bill I was presented with was wrong. We had been charged for things out of the mini bar that we had not had. By this time I had run out of steam and fight, I just paid it.

Overall I thought the hotel had a lot of promise. Yes, the rooms were comfortable but need tidying up if they wish to market themselves as a 5* hotel. However, the biggest thing they need to address is the level of service offered by their staff. Reading others reviews of this hotel, I’m clearly not alone in my thoughts.

Room Tip: Don't have 4007. It smells of drains.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel has no redeeming features. The staff are surly, un-friendly un-washed un-trained and generally use-less. A small example of their ineptitude, I saw a staff member washing their hands in the ice buckets then lifting ice out of the bucket with their hands in to peoples drinks!
The prices are extortionate for the poor quality of the food and service you receive.
The rooms are dreary, poor lit, poorly maintained and smell.

Do you self a favour, avoid this place at all costs!

Room Tip: Try another hotel in a different country.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Worthing, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The hotel itself is absolutely stunning, although our room was very cramped and cluttered. Everything is extremely tired and not very clean. We had lunch at the pool bar, service was appalling, not just slow but rude, two women alone could not get wine without being very persistent, then only a very grudgingly served half a glass (of very mediocre wine). There were wasps crawling all over the food.
They do seem to have a lot of conferences there, they were setting up for another the day we left ours, but are just not equipped or interested in providing the service. Even the black tie dinner we attended provided very mediocre food with very long waits between courses, the food was cold and trying to get a glass of wine very hard work.
There were not enough bar staff to cope with the amount of guests, and when we requested a vodka and tonic we were told they couldn't find any vodka but that we could have gin instead, as it the same thing! Oh dear.
Trip to the Medina is worth it, the hotel runs a courtesy bus every so often, just hang on the your handbag and don't wear any valuable jewellery. We got a taxi back, 100 dirhams which we agreed on before we got into the cab, talking to others later they had paid double that and more, so beware.
Would we go again, or recommend this hotel? Never

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

My room was very comfortable and very clean. The food is mediocre but certainly never served hot. Lovely fresh fruit platter in my room when I arrived. But that's the end of the positives.

The staff are not interested in service, 45 minutes to take a lunch order, 45 minutes to get the food, impossible to pay the bill! No hot water the first day and staff didn't care. Bidet dumped water all over the bathroom floor, was fixed quickly once reported to be fair, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Breakfast is a bun fight so order room service the next day, that arrived one and a half hours late! Pool tired, and freezing. I could go on but I've said enough.

Not 5 star in any way, best to avoid.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Palmeraie Resorts - Palmeraie Palace? Share your experiences!