“Splendid!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #139 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Bath, United Kingdom
“Splendid!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

A very opulent hotel, beautifully presented. We only visited for cocktails, hoping for jazz in the Churchill Bar but that was closed as out of season. We sat, instead, on the charming terrace. Delightful service, all very grand but so empty. I have to say I preferred our beautiful charming riad in the medina!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Everything is awesome at Mamounia: Pool, room, service, gardens, service. A must do: walk in the garden and a have an ice cream at the cabana. Amazing.

The best place in Marrakech. The original style... The others are copycats

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
La_Mamounia_, General Manager at La Mamounia Marrakech, responded to this review, September 23, 2014
Dear Rosa,

It is always such a pleasure to read such positive comments regarding our guests’ experience. Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

It is such a reward for us to be considered as the best place in Marrakech. We are glad you enjoyed most of the facilities, especially The Menzeh, located at the other end of the gardens beyond the olive trees. This separate building from the main one is very special as is it the oldest building of La Mamounia history. Further, it is a place where one can enjoy drinking a tea and some exclusive delights proposed by our Pastry Chef.

We thank you again for your support and we already look forward to welcoming you again to your favorite place in Marrakech.

Bari, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

A Rolex watch of high economic and emotional value. In the center of the Mamounia. 17 September 2011. Security officials were very kind, but I does not have my Rolex anymore.
Do not leave your belongings unattended. The hotel will not be responsible for thefts in the structure. I did not like to feel insecure in such a beautiful place. My birthday them was not very happy. :(

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed here during Easter this year and I just realised I hadn't written a review about it. It's a beautiful hotel with real old fashion glamour from the exotic rooms to the Churchill Bar I only wished I had packed more shoes and dresses as it's one of those places where you wouldn't feel overdressed for supper. It's a perfect place for a long weekend, very romantic but equally good with a family.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
La_Mamounia_, General Manager at La Mamounia Marrakech, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing La Mamounia Marrakech for your recent stay during Easter holidays.

What a pleasure to read that you found the rooms “exotic” and that you enjoyed spending some moment at the Churchill bar.

We are most grateful that you took the time to post such a nice review about your stay and we truly hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you again.

Thatcham, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I could not fault this place if I tried, from the moment I stepped through the gates of the grand entrance I fell in love, the hotel is immaculately maintained and you are greeted at the door with such a warm and friendly welcome that you instantly feel relaxed and you trust that your stay will be all you imagined. I absolutely love the décor throughout the hotel right down to the smallest of detail. The staff are so helpful and welcoming and I loved spending the sunny evenings in the Italian bar working my way through the extensive cocktail menu, we ate at both the Moroccon restaurant and Italian restaurant and the food was faultless, they even made me a dish specially as they had asked what I like to usually order at home! The gardens and facilities in the hotel are beautiful and so well maintained, they even have their own herb and vegetable garden on the grounds! I would highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Lisa Marie,

We thank you for your taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at La Mamounia.

Our mission is to make every guest coming into the hotel feel comfortable and receive a warm welcome, we are glad that we succeeded in making your first impression memorable.

We are grateful for your appreciation of the hotel design and of the “helpful and welcoming” staff. We are so proud to read that our food & beverage teams were very attentive to your needs and even exceeded your expectations; we aim to look after each guest in a personalized way.

We are very thankful for your willingness in recommending La Mamounia to every visitor and hope to have to opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy another “stunning” experience with us.

Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

It is now some time since I was here with my wife and I should have reviewed it before - utterly superb in every single way from breakfast to afternoon tea although we did not have dinner here - eye wateringly expensive but you have to pay fo the very best I guess - just not a fan of Marrakesh I am afraid - a once in a lifetime as I do not feel it is a city to which I would return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My friends and I stayed at the wonderful La Mamounia during our recent visit to Marrakech. Our wonderful experience began upon check in. We were greeted by the amazing musky signature scent of luxury. Our client services specialist welcomed us with a delicious milky treat and sweet dates. Our room was a one bedroom suite, impeccably decorated, every detail carefully thought out. Our welcome treat was a bottle of red and a wonderful selection of Moroccan sweets. The grounds are beautiful, and everywhere you go, whether it be celeb spotting at the outdoor terrace, enjoying the start to your day overlooking the beautiful pool, or having a dinner outdoors while listening to the bristle of the leaves coupled with the call to prayer, you can't help but be transported and immerse yourself. After two days of sightseeing, we treated ourselves to the royal hammam experience which consisted of a scrub down followed by a full body massage. Pure heaven. The breakfast spread provides both Moroccan and Western delights, the french restaurant has a significant wine selection and the drinks are best enjoyed while relaxing by the terrace. As if this hotel couldn't surprise you anymore, its service is the true standout. Any call we made was immediately addressed by the always amicable staff. When I needed to wrap my mirror for my travel back home, they immediately sent a team member to wrap for me. They even opened one of the boutique stores for us so we can do some last minute shopping. Highly recommend La Mamounia if you want to experience the treasures of the good life.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice words on your recent visit at La Mamounia.

We are glad that your first impression was marked by our signature scent, which has been created by the very delicate Olivia Giacobetti. She was inspired by the scents that identify the city of Marrakech, dates, orange blossom and cedar wood, and created a very unique perfume that reflects La Mamounia identity. This scent is reproduced through some products that you may find in our “La Mamounia Boutique”, such as candles, perfume diffuser and we even offer the possibility for our guests to purchase it from abroad.

We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with your bedroom and the service provided by our housekeeping team, who makes sure every guest receives a special attention.

We are glad you enjoyed our wine selection at the French restaurant; our Chef Sommelier makes sure every guest culinary experience remains memorable.

Your poetic and glowing description of your experience is very much appreciated. It is very important for us to provide our guests with the very high standard of service quality.

We are spoiled to receive this wonderful comment on the service and particularly the concierges, who went above and beyond your expectations.

It is a real accomplishment to read about your experience and that you recommend La Mamounia for those who are looking for “treasures of good life”.

Directeur Général

Been to La Mamounia Marrakech? Share your experiences!