“Simply stunning!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #142 of 465 Hotels in Marrakech
Thatcham, England, United Kingdom
“Simply stunning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I could not fault this place if I tried, from the moment I stepped through the gates of the grand entrance I fell in love, the hotel is immaculately maintained and you are greeted at the door with such a warm and friendly welcome that you instantly feel relaxed and you trust that your stay will be all you imagined. I absolutely love the décor throughout the hotel right down to the smallest of detail. The staff are so helpful and welcoming and I loved spending the sunny evenings in the Italian bar working my way through the extensive cocktail menu, we ate at both the Moroccon restaurant and Italian restaurant and the food was faultless, they even made me a dish specially as they had asked what I like to usually order at home! The gardens and facilities in the hotel are beautiful and so well maintained, they even have their own herb and vegetable garden on the grounds! I would highly recommend a stay here!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
La_Mamounia_, General Manager at La Mamounia Marrakech, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Lisa Marie,

We thank you for your taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at La Mamounia.

Our mission is to make every guest coming into the hotel feel comfortable and receive a warm welcome, we are glad that we succeeded in making your first impression memorable.

We are grateful for your appreciation of the hotel design and of the “helpful and welcoming” staff. We are so proud to read that our food & beverage teams were very attentive to your needs and even exceeded your expectations; we aim to look after each guest in a personalized way.

We are very thankful for your willingness in recommending La Mamounia to every visitor and hope to have to opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy another “stunning” experience with us.

Pierre Jochem

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Greek first
Kendal, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

It is now some time since I was here with my wife and I should have reviewed it before - utterly superb in every single way from breakfast to afternoon tea although we did not have dinner here - eye wateringly expensive but you have to pay fo the very best I guess - just not a fan of Marrakesh I am afraid - a once in a lifetime as I do not feel it is a city to which I would return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My friends and I stayed at the wonderful La Mamounia during our recent visit to Marrakech. Our wonderful experience began upon check in. We were greeted by the amazing musky signature scent of luxury. Our client services specialist welcomed us with a delicious milky treat and sweet dates. Our room was a one bedroom suite, impeccably decorated, every detail carefully thought out. Our welcome treat was a bottle of red and a wonderful selection of Moroccan sweets. The grounds are beautiful, and everywhere you go, whether it be celeb spotting at the outdoor terrace, enjoying the start to your day overlooking the beautiful pool, or having a dinner outdoors while listening to the bristle of the leaves coupled with the call to prayer, you can't help but be transported and immerse yourself. After two days of sightseeing, we treated ourselves to the royal hammam experience which consisted of a scrub down followed by a full body massage. Pure heaven. The breakfast spread provides both Moroccan and Western delights, the french restaurant has a significant wine selection and the drinks are best enjoyed while relaxing by the terrace. As if this hotel couldn't surprise you anymore, its service is the true standout. Any call we made was immediately addressed by the always amicable staff. When I needed to wrap my mirror for my travel back home, they immediately sent a team member to wrap for me. They even opened one of the boutique stores for us so we can do some last minute shopping. Highly recommend La Mamounia if you want to experience the treasures of the good life.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your nice words on your recent visit at La Mamounia.

We are glad that your first impression was marked by our signature scent, which has been created by the very delicate Olivia Giacobetti. She was inspired by the scents that identify the city of Marrakech, dates, orange blossom and cedar wood, and created a very unique perfume that reflects La Mamounia identity. This scent is reproduced through some products that you may find in our “La Mamounia Boutique”, such as candles, perfume diffuser and we even offer the possibility for our guests to purchase it from abroad.

We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with your bedroom and the service provided by our housekeeping team, who makes sure every guest receives a special attention.

We are glad you enjoyed our wine selection at the French restaurant; our Chef Sommelier makes sure every guest culinary experience remains memorable.

Your poetic and glowing description of your experience is very much appreciated. It is very important for us to provide our guests with the very high standard of service quality.

We are spoiled to receive this wonderful comment on the service and particularly the concierges, who went above and beyond your expectations.

It is a real accomplishment to read about your experience and that you recommend La Mamounia for those who are looking for “treasures of good life”.

Directeur Général
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

The ultimate grand hotel..now updated to world status...You can understand why Churchill said it was the best place on earth..he wrote and painted here...but now it is the updated elegant "place to be"......combine a stay here with a desert stay...Tres magnificent

Room Tip: always ask for a pool garden view
Dear Raenette,

How delightful it is to read your comment! Thank you very much for taking the time to publish this review on Tripadvisor!

It is such a great reward when our visitors are informed about La Mamounia history, we are proud to be the guardians of this historical monument and share its magic with every visitor.

Indeed, Sir Winston Churchill considered La Mamounia and Marrakech the most unforgettable place on earth. The world-famous balcony that bathed his creative sensitivity in glorious light and perfumed gardens, was a temporary home to Churchill five times, including a 1943 visit he made with President Roosevelt after a conference in Casablanca. We recently organized an Art exhibition of Sir Winston Churchill paints, in memory of his passion for the culture and landscapes of La Mamounia and the city of Marrakech.

Thank you so much for being such a great ambassador of La Mamounia, we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in your “Grand Old Elegant” place.

Directeur Général
Kazan, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

All good. Food great, quality surroundings, presented in 5 start standards. Calmness amongst the chaos inside the Medina walls. Clean, stylish and cool, (literally!).
Multi lingual staff, with great customer service ethics.
Rooms/spa/bars/restaurants/grounds/facilities ALL 5 star.
One or two of the pool boys had a bit of an edge at times, (high summer, with extreme temperatures), and the odd transgression can be forgiven in that respect; combined with the fact that these individuals recovered by being great 95% of the time!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
La_Mamounia_, General Manager at La Mamounia Marrakech, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Dear Steven,

It is always such a pleasure to read such positive comments regarding our guests experience. Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us.

You couldn’t have pleased us more with your compliments on our “great food” and ”great customer ethics”. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed every facility of the hotel and that the services provided are “5 star”.

Nevertheless, we are deeply sorry to learn that the service by the pool was not up to your expectations, but still we highly appreciate your encouragements for the staff members working by the pool.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in your Moroccan home.

Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had heard so much about this hotel, and was excited to explore its grounds and have a cocktail in their bar. But upon entry, I felt like the entire staff from the doormen to the managers had their noses in the air. I saw several famous American celebrities in the short amount of time I was there, so maybe that explains some of the behavior while I was there. However, I had one drink at the bar and waited a long time to receive the check. Once I did, they said their machines were down and they would only accept cash. They suggested I walk out to the ATM and get money. Preposterous. Not my problem their machines were down. They asked if I would wait and I said I would, not even offering to buy me a round while I waited ON THEM. I waited for quite some time and told them I had to leave to make another dinner reservation. The bar manager should have offered to buy the ONE drink I had. A hotel of this caliber should have known better and it was a real mark against them in my book. As this was going on, a couple overhead everything and the same thing had happened to them at check in and they had been waiting the whole day. One was a travel agent who said she was absolutely not sending her clients here because of the snobbery and inability to service. I couldnt agree more.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
La_Mamounia_, General Manager at La Mamounia Marrakech, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
Dear Mrs Cassie,

First of all, please let me thank you for taking the time to share your comments on TripAdvisor further to your recent visit at La Mamounia. It is always disappointing to learn when our guests leave the hotel with an unsatisfying experience, especially when a staff member does not alert us in order to make amends.

I am sorry to hear that you had an unfortunate experience while visiting us, knowing that you were particularly excited to enjoy a moment. One of the characteristics of Moroccan hospitality is the conviviality and the warm welcome we are know for. It is most disappointing to learn that you had the impression that our staff members are snobby and this is definitely not the feeling we want to create for our guests when being at La Mamounia.

We do understand your frustration while waiting for a long time to receive your check. We are sorry that you had to endure our system breakdown to proceed with the payment at that time and that you were given only one alternative.

Needless to say I have met personally with the bar manager in addition to his direct reports, so that all take to heart the importance of daily coaching our employees with respect to handling such sensitive issues, in addition how he himself should have managed the situation.

Our sincere apologies for this less than satisfactory guest experience, and we hope we may have the pleasure to try making amends and giving us the chance to organize your next visit.

Brighton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We visited for cocktails & was hoping to enjoy the Churchill bar. However, this was closed & we were offered the terrace instead. Whilst the hotel is beautiful & located in stunning grounds, I would not be impressed by the funfair that was in full flow across the road - it spoilt the tranquil & calm setting. The service was rather slow & as expected the overpriced drinks were average.

I would recommend going to see this hotel as it is stunning. However, 1 drink is enough!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to La Mamounia Marrakech? Share your experiences!